day 6 and ODIN fliped! the switches on the 180 GALLON BEAST

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Thats a great idea!!

T can give a great warranty and have it expire in 7 days.

Looks like the only part on T's machine that could be problematic is the float on the mix tank.

It's only 2 vacs a motor and a pump. Not much to go wrong.

Greenie

If it were me, I wouldn't post performance specs too quickly, in general cleaners tend to shop numbers from the comfort of their keyboard, all they have to compare against are published TM specs which are mostly exaggerated, it's one thing to compare an Elec. machine to a Gas unit, it's another to compare it to make believe specs?

For some reason, cleaners are impressed with utter BS, they know it's BS, but they have nothing else to judge by, so they want to see some BS specs. It has gotten so bad, that some TM mfgs. have selected the maximum cfm a blower can make as some basis for a model of their unit, if your unit makes 450 cfm at 14"hg, Don't call it a 600 just because a given blower could make that airflow at 0"hg sitting on a bench!

As long as Terry's elec. suck mop cleans well on 150' of hose and gets carpet dry in less than 4 hours, he'll have a market and solid customer base, and everyone realizes this was a prototype with the all day 180 gal tank, I was surprised to see comments on welding and material construction, you will be lucky to see the next generation with an attitude like that, and Yoakum if you run a "similar" unit, you should understand how inline vacuum boosters work, a third motor on the unit can't touch a dedicated booster 100' from the unit and closer to the wand, maybe you need a booster for your own unit? I hear Marty has one for sale.

Nobody has yet figured out how it runs those BIG vacs and pump on two cords?

Mikey P

Administrator
For some reason, cleaners are impressed with utter BS, they know it's BS, but they have nothing else to judge by, so they want to see some BS specs.

Exactly..

For how many years did those poor Butler owners think they had # 5 blower?

Greenie said:
If it were me, I wouldn't post performance specs too quickly, in general cleaners tend to shop numbers from the comfort of their keyboard, all they have to compare against are published TM specs which are mostly exaggerated, it's one thing to compare an Elec. machine to a Gas unit, it's another to compare it to make believe specs?

For some reason, cleaners are impressed with utter BS, they know it's BS, but they have nothing else to judge by, so they want to see some BS specs. It has gotten so bad, that some TM mfgs. have selected the maximum cfm a blower can make as some basis for a model of their unit, if your unit makes 450 cfm at 14"hg, Don't call it a 600 just because a given blower could make that airflow at 0"hg sitting on a bench!

As long as Terry's elec. suck mop cleans well on 150' of hose and gets carpet dry in less than 4 hours, he'll have a market and solid customer base, and everyone realizes this was a prototype with the all day 180 gal tank, I was surprised to see comments on welding and material construction, you will be lucky to see the next generation with an attitude like that, and Yoakum if you run a "similar" unit, you should understand how inline vacuum boosters work, a third motor on the unit can't touch a dedicated booster 100' from the unit and closer to the wand, maybe you need a booster for your own unit? I hear Marty has one for sale.

Exactly what Greenie said ,4 hour dry time or less is all that matters and I would add an adjustable 1200 psi pump for tile.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin

nothing is marked on the switches on what they go to and the pictures don't let you see how it is set and wired so it would be hard to figure out..there are many combination's to wiring this.....what voltage are we playing with....and what gauge is the yellow cord......

what is the amp draw on the pump motor to get it started with the start capacitor........I would think that once it got started that they aren't very high because there should not really be that much drag on it...what is under the box behind it......

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Re: day 6 and ODIN flipped! the switches on the 180 GALLON BEAST

The box is a mixing tank. It is a float and a shut off valve. (No big water tank needed)

One 15 amp circuit can easily run 1 vac and 1, 15-20 amp circuit to run pump and 1 vac. It's nothing complicated. He did use the improved air watt vac motors.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Anyone take into consideration all them 'lectricity cords layin' on the damp ground...if it should RAIN?????
OR little kids picking them up or walking on them.......

Remember...it's ain't the volts that'll kill ya...it's the amps....
very dangerous and i havn't even mentioned operator stupidity....yet!
Oh ya water AND electricity....hmmmmmm...WHAT could go wrong there?

Some of yous shouldn't play wit Fire...
OR electricity!

But then...i'm jus the dumb ol' coot in the corner........right?

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
OK then Jim.....lets see YOU walk into a puddle and pick-up a UL rated cord......you MIGHT do it 99 times....but it WILL zap your ass sooner or later!

HOYLE'S LAW!!!

Jim...would you let YOUR small chillren play around wit those cords.....?

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
What about the first big dog that chews on them...i gots big pit bulls that chew my vac hose....

Hey..but WTF do I know?

WISE

"What about the first big dog that chews on them"

Well, he will only do it once.

WISE

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
I had a cat chew a lamp cord once......it didn't KILL it...but she lit up lik a Xmas tree!

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
bob vawter said:
OK then Jim.....lets see YOU walk into a puddle and pick-up a UL rated cord......you MIGHT do it 99 times....but it WILL zap your ass sooner or later!

HOYLE'S LAW!!!

Jim...would you let YOUR small chillren play around wit those cords.....?

Bob..that is probably one of the best rated and safest cords out there..I use to put together sub panels that wired into mains and lay that stuff all over the place...it is what it is designed to do....don't get me wrong if it gets a cut or tear in the sheathing then you could have a problem..but it is up to the operator to keep them in good shape...and to use good common since.....I would let my kid around it and never worry as much as I would her being around the 200 degree solution line....

Greenie

Funny to see Bawb carryin' on about power cords....knowing damn well he's injecting Butyl everywhere he soaks rugs.....

Mr.V

I think it's an awesome looking machine and come spring or early summer i'll be taking a closer look at it.

Terry has always been an electric TM wiz,,,,doesn't anyone remember him running a pimped out Bane???

now that he's teamed up with Judson i'm sure this machine will rock

nice work Terry

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
greenie sez:

soaks rugs.........HAH!
I'm running an 04 flow and YOU'RE running what....again???
You should jus plumb up a garden hose or two!

Greenie

Damn pops....you make it easy, just shows you don't read much, the more flow you use the drier you will leave the carpet, where you been? forgot...no glides, just scrubbin' away with that 04 flow, must be leaving them real wet....what does you newbie do on the real bad ones, 6, 7, 8 strokes....just leavin' them wetter and wetter with each stroke.

AshleyMckendree

Supportive Member
Name
Ashley Mckendree
Greenie said:
Damn pops....you make it easy, just shows you don't read much, the more flow you use the drier you will leave the carpet, where you been? forgot...no glides, just scrubbin' away with that 04 flow, must be leaving them real wet....what does you newbie do on the real bad ones, 6, 7, 8 strokes....just leavin' them wetter and wetter with each stroke.

Dude its a lost cause, he talks like my DAD!

My dad wants to go back to a SINGLE JET WAND WITH 02 flow!

He's LAZY and doesn't want to fill the fresh water tank up :roll:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom