Declining carpet sales, regardless..

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
I do worry that the massive market share grab of polyester means that a lot of people who do put carpet down will be disappointed in the way some of the cheap stuff performs

My thoughts as well Doyle.

Thank you for sharing the information. Cleaners would be wise to spend a great deal of time taking that information in, and building their service offerings and marketing messages using those statistics as their guide.

EDS

Name
Ed
The thought makes sense. Carpet hold soil hard surfaces don't.

The trouble with that theory is that is not reality. Without something to trap and hold theses particles they become airborne.

No worries though, once airborne these particles are filtered by "you". Yep, without carpet to trap and hold them they float around waiting to be breathed in. :eekk:

At least carpet holds soil until the "sink" is emptied by regular vacuuming or cleaning.

Whenever I'm told they removed carpet because it was healthier. :eekk:

Healthier? You and your family are healthier by breathing in all the contaminants. :shifty:
Wow. I will be borrowing that...

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Wasn't it Switzerland that made it a law back in the 80s that carpet was banned from government buildings. Then after a couple years of asthma and allergy increases by the employees changed it all back

We have a little tile some carpet and wood floors. We cover most of the wood and tile with rugs lol.

Sweden in the 70s. Dr. Michael Berry, when with the EPA, did studies that refuted the Swedish studies. Since then the Swedes have retracted their findings, but the damage was done and styles in Europe moved to hard surfaces. Today only 2% of Swedish floors are carpeted.

http://www.canadiancarpet.org/carpet_and_health/air_quality/scientific_studies.php < A nice compilation of various carpet/health studies.

Reactions: J Scott W

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom