Devastator Filter

realclean

Name
Jesse Lowe
Does anyone here leave their Devastator hooked up all the time?

Is it better to get it with the hose cuff fittings or just standard slip on style?

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
I'm stickin with my knee highs in the vac port. I received my CDV filter from SS, tried it once, and put it back in the shop. What a hassle, and it doesn't filter out the fine stuff. and when it needs cleaned, where are you gonna clean it? In the custys drive way, as in the use video? So very unprofessional, rinsing out crud on your custys drive or lawn. Probably the same for the other inline filters. With my Hydraforce inline filter, I had spare SS strainers, and could pull one out and store it in the van for later cleaning. Of course, I know long time cleaners that still run filterless, dump everything into their tank, and when full, pull out the 2" hose and let the tank rip, right down the custys driveway!

EDS

Name
Ed
The search function is a wonderful thing. Was trying to decide between devastator or the CDV by SS. Does anyone know if the free shipping includes Canada?

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Flash Cuffs are from Interlink

Mytee calls their cuffs CuffLynx or something like that.
I don't care what their called. Just as long as their not that crazy guys cuffs.

But honestly I use the flash cuffs on everything I can.

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
I'll make a video tomorrow. I had to get a bit creative to get my cuffs to work on my filter. I had to come off the lid with a Mytee cuff then into a flash cuff. When I use my porty I pull the pigtail off the filter and use it there.

Easier to make a video and show you. I'll do it tomorrow on my first jobber.

Reactions: EDS

Kevin B

Name
Kevin Bunce
We have several devastators. Also own 3RC99's, handful of pool filters, a lint hog. The devastator is a completely different price point for a reason. The devastator is in every way far and above the filter that any other filter is. It also cost alot more. It also does not have any noticeable vacuum loss until the filter is plugged. The DEVASTATOR is the single best filter on the market. We have ours setup with 2.5' hose. We use Cool Cuffs because they last longer and are the best cuff on the market. We use a short 5ft, 2.5" hose to go from the machine to the filter to make hooking it up super easy. The inlet side of the filter we have a 2.5" starter cuff to make life simple. We buy 5 gallon paint strainers in large bulk and just toss them out when they get gross. We have a sprayer on the machine setup and we can give the filter a quick spray down when needed to prolong cleaning time.

TConway

Supportive Member
Name
Thomas Conway
Here is a video of my flash cuff adapter.

This filter style was when I was making a filter for Ben of Amtex Equipment, today we don't have to try and match what cuffs guys are running we just went with a SS thin wall port that guys can hook what ever cuff they prefer to run.

We have several devastators. Also own 3RC99's, handful of pool filters, a lint hog. The devastator is a completely different price point for a reason. The devastator is in every way far and above the filter that any other filter is. It also cost alot more. It also does not have any noticeable vacuum loss until the filter is plugged. The DEVASTATOR is the single best filter on the market. We have ours setup with 2.5' hose. We use Cool Cuffs because they last longer and are the best cuff on the market. We use a short 5ft, 2.5" hose to go from the machine to the filter to make hooking it up super easy. The inlet side of the filter we have a 2.5" starter cuff to make life simple. We buy 5 gallon paint strainers in large bulk and just toss them out when they get gross. We have a sprayer on the machine setup and we can give the filter a quick spray down when needed to prolong cleaning time.

Wow thank you Kevin...well all of you really!! For awesome testimonials and reviews, that is what every manufacture is hoping for!!
I am putting the same effort into our wand to try and follow what the Dev Filter has done for so many.

I am working on something with or Dev filter, very limited runs but I think it will be awesome.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
why don't U guys jus slip a Stainless mesh filter over the inlet inside the waste tank
slide the lid a bit... pull it out... spray wit a garden hose and slip it back on....they last 20 years..
about a hunnert bucks

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
Of course, I know long time cleaners that still run filterless, dump everything into their tank, and when full, pull out the 2" hose and let the tank rip, right down the custys driveway!

Doesn't everyone do that??

:headbang:

EDS

Name
Ed
Any MB specials for the Devastator??? And does free shipping include Canada???? eh

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Three years ago this month, awesome memories. The VFW locals were fun too.

Gotta get back to Aptos somehow.

I'm surprised that Fred hasn't mentioned the pig wit lipstick that had her hoofs all over me.....her husband was egging her on....
I think he was a peeker....

SamIam

Name
sam miller
I'm stickin with my knee highs in the vac port. I received my CDV filter from SS, tried it once, and put it back in the shop. What a hassle, and it doesn't filter out the fine stuff. and when it needs cleaned, where are you gonna clean it? In the custys drive way, as in the use video? So very unprofessional, rinsing out crud on your custys drive or lawn. Probably the same for the other inline filters. With my Hydraforce inline filter, I had spare SS strainers, and could pull one out and store it in the van for later cleaning. Of course, I know long time cleaners that still run filterless, dump everything into their tank, and when full, pull out the 2" hose and let the tank rip, right down the custys driveway!

Ya I sold mine to a dude I practically begged him not to buy it, but he insisted.

Now he hates it too.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pioneer Floorcare

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom