Devastator Filter

TConway

Supportive Member
Name
Thomas Conway
IMG_20170214_133717939_HDR.jpg

I can't believe what came out of this job today after I vacuumed with the sanitair vacuum, this was with a hole glide even.
The carpet did NOT look bad at all, I was shocked when I popped the top and looked down in there

Reactions: Todd Millar

TConway

Supportive Member
Name
Thomas Conway
Are you sure your belt was good on that Sanitare vacuum? Imagine what a Rotary Extractor would pull...
Yes the belt is good.
This vac is awesome, I talked to Mike and asked if he liked his, and he told me to keep fresh belts handy, and to keep it adjusted, so it not beating the carpet to death, and it will help with belt life.
I really like it! I picked it up off of CL for 100 bucks, the kids folks used it back when they had a Radio Shack store, he cleaned it all up, came with a new shack out bag and a new Zipper bag for regular throw away bags.
It is the wide one so you can make pretty good time at PVing.

Reactions: Nate The Great

EDS

Name
Ed
View attachment 69853
I can't believe what came out of this job today after I vacuumed with the sanitair vacuum, this was with a hole glide even.
The carpet did NOT look bad at all, I was shocked when I popped the top and looked down in there
I would show that to the customer. Great reason to increase the frequency of cleanings. Merry Christmas you filthy animal...

Reactions: TConway

TConway

Supportive Member
Name
Thomas Conway
What's your process...and what kind of screen.

The Filter I run is 2.5 x 2.5 connections, I have a short 2.5 hose that I set beside my Tm @ 3 feet long that I hook to the van side of the Devastator filter.

On my vac reel I have 100' of 2.0" hose, If I can reach the job with that than I just use my reducer on the lid of the Devastator.

Under the 100' of 2.0" hose is 50' of 2.5" hose that is split into 25 foot sections.

The Devastator filter does NOT use a ss basket, It uses a chemical and UV resistant HD liner.

The HD liner has proven over the last 7 years to be just as if not more durable than SS baskets, I believe this is due to the fact that the SS baskets take MORE abuse from guys trying to clean them out than actually being in there filter, due to the fact we naturally beat them against something trying to get the crud off of them. SS baskets are NOT welded they are woven together and once you beat them they start to lose they shape.

The Devastator Filter also lets you choose HOW much you wanna filter out of your tank. This is due to the fact that we run a white liner, or as better know as a 5 gallon paint strainer. Running a 5GPS can almost get you 100 % debris filtration, meaning that going into your waste tank is only done a few times a year, and this is just really to get the slime build up off the inside of the tank.

Guys that do really greasy carpets restaurant CAN cause a problem....the 5GPS are made of a poly type material, and poly LOVES grease, this can cause a very thin skin like coating over the 5GPS and cause it to stop flowing air and water, if this happens you can remove the 5GPS and just run the Black HD liner, it will still filter out very very well, and allow a little more debris to pass.

You also can stretch a Knee High over the black HD bag if you prefer to run them, but it is a pain to get them over the HD bag ring due to its size

Many of the guys here on MB have helped us perfect the Devastator Filter, some of them may even still have and run some of the original ones I made years ago.

It is NOT a must have to clean carpet, but I do believe that from the positive feed back from guys here on MB and other forums that it is one of the best filters you can run. It DOES NOT LEAK VACUUM, why spend big money on CFM and VAC improvement only to lose it in a leaky filter. It has been designed to flow as much possible without restrictions....from start to finish of your jobs....it is a filter and the better it does its job the more it will start to drop off in cfm. NOT VERY OFTEN.

It is designed so that ANY DEBRIS that enters the wand slot HAS to go into the HD bag it CAN NOT go around the filter bag due to the way our bag fits inside the filter.

It is NOT the CHEAPEST nor is it the MOST EXPENSIVE but I believe it to be a very HIGH QUALITY, HIGH PERFORMING PRODUCT, that does what it is supposed to do, to make your job a little easier

Last edited:

TConway

Supportive Member
Name
Thomas Conway
When I say it is not a must have, some of the guys that run our Devastator Filter may say otherwise. When you buy a Devastator Filter and really see HOW CLEAN it keeps your blower intake Filter, and waste tank, your mind may say otherwise.
I have had reports from guys that hit 100 hours and more on there new TM's and have been sent picks of there blower filters that look like brand new, they often say it is a must have

Reactions: Nomad74

EDS

Name
Ed
I currently do not use a inline filter. For the most part I can hear when my vaccumm is restricted. Maybe I'm super man but it just sounds different. The operator and machine are one...or should be.

Going to be tweeting my system. Plan on running a 25 ft 2.5 to the door with an inline filter. To be honest a lint hog is a half measure. That's the only thing available in my market. I think we have the SS box available for some ridiculous price. I was quoted almost 1k for the SS upholstery. Have not enquired about there box.

To be honest I would rather eat vomit then to support my local SS supplier. They ste that bad.

Will be in contact soon. Astticaly (sp) I like d the look of your PVC model over your SS model. Maybe it was the price point....

Will talk to devistator soon...

TConway

Supportive Member
Name
Thomas Conway
I would show that to the customer. Great reason to increase the frequency of cleanings. Merry Christmas you filthy animal...
It was on a rental and Dale the maintanace guy was there when I popped the lid, I hosed it down and lifted the bag out....He was like holy s!@t that came out of that carpet ? I said yeah I can't believe it either. The carpet was a light tan, no dark traffic pattterns, no stains, it was VERY good looking for a rental unit.
As you can see there is a bit of carpet fibers in there and this is because this was the first pro clean, it was only a year old. New prior to this tenant, I really wasn't expecting it at all.

TConway

Supportive Member
Name
Thomas Conway
I liked the PVC also, I wish we still had them honestly, the way we make the parts for them to seal is pretty tight and the stinking PVC started coming in with too much variation in tolerances, I would go pick up the ss parts from my fabricator, then come back to press them in and they would be to small, go back make adjustments, then next batch would be to big.
I had ordered a semi load of pvc housings and they about killed us trying to get through them, after that we just had to stop.
When you are ready give me a call I can make you a PVC housing, we have tons of SS parts for them I can make one for you, I just don't have them on web site.
One here and there doesn't bother me

Reactions: Russ T. and Mikey P

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I've learned the hard way that the idea of showing their filth to them might be good for us here on the forum, but NOT a good idea to show them. We think that they might be impressed that our big boy machines can suck that much out of the carpet.

But...what it does is make them feel ashamed that they think they neglected the carpet. You won't get they kind of word of mouth advertising or any more repeat callbacks from them to reschedule. You'll get a customer who's almost pissed off at you for having the thought that we're telling them they're filthy people. They'll take it as an insult.

On the other hand, it's good to show this to a property manager on a rental. But, unless you get a request for them to want to look at what you took out...keep that dirty filter to yourself and just show them the clean/almost dry carpet

steve_64

I show dirty filters to the rentals to get them to vac better. Just yesterday one complex told me their vac was plugged up real bad after I showed them the filter a couple weeks ago. They checked it after I left. The two I did yesterday were way better.

I've shown a few customers and sure enough their vacuums were plugged up to. Another tool in the arsenal.

hogjowl

Idiot™
Yes the belt is good.
This vac is awesome, I talked to Mike and asked if he liked his, and he told me to keep fresh belts handy, and to keep it adjusted, so it not beating the carpet to death, and it will help with belt life.
I really like it! I picked it up off of CL for 100 bucks, the kids folks used it back when they had a Radio Shack store, he cleaned it all up, came with a new shack out bag and a new Zipper bag for regular throw away bags.
It is the wide one so you can make pretty good time at PVing.
I just paid you $2400. I think you can afford a real vacuum.

Name
Nate W.
I show dirty filters to the rentals to get them to vac better. Just yesterday one complex told me their vac was plugged up real bad after I showed them the filter a couple weeks ago. They checked it after I left. The two I did yesterday were way better.

I've shown a few customers and sure enough their vacuums were plugged up to. Another tool in the arsenal.

Use your vacuum hose to unplug it for them.. VAS = Value Added Service...

Reactions: BIG WOOD

steve_64

Use your vacuum hose to unplug it for them.. VAS = Value Added Service...
It's been a few years since I've worked on customers vacuums. Most homeowners who plug them up don't take care of their homes any better. So I stopped asking about their vacs.

The maintenance guy said theirs was so plugged up he had to use a screwdriver to unplug it it was so packed.

I hate value added buloney. Short for overcharging.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Marty would be very proud of me....I prevac everything, so I can use my hole glide, it is all I have been using.

Me to, switched back to a slot for a day, my son was in the wand it's was a thick piled nylon.

He's like dang I hate this wand, so put the holed glide back on, he said that's much better dad.

Last edited:
Name
Nate W.
Me to, switched back to slot for a day, my son was in the wand it's was a thick piled nylon.

He's like dang I hate this wand, so pioedthe holed glide back on, he said that's much better dad.

Be great full he uses a wand.. Mt lazy ass uses Power heads... If I had to wand, I'd give it up...

Reactions: SamIam
Name
Nate W.
It's been a few years since I've worked on customers vacuums. Most homeowners who plug them up don't take care of their homes any better. So I stopped asking about their vacs.

The maintenance guy said theirs was so plugged up he had to use a screwdriver to unplug it it was so packed.

I hate value added buloney. Short for overcharging.

It's not over charging.. It shows them you care even if they don't... Taking a few minutes to unclog it with your vacuum hose won't break your bank.. Different strokes for different folks...

steve_64

It's not over charging.. It shows them you care even if they don't... Taking a few minutes to unclog it with your vacuum hose won't break your bank.. Different strokes for different folks...
I get that Nate. But when I hear added value it's been after a price increase and a decreased value, less product. Then do something we should do anyway and say it's added value.

Smoke and mirrors.

I do a lot of things like wiping cobwebs off furniture I move and what not. I usually don't mention I did it, just something that should be done. Let the customer figure it out.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom