Did any one attend Michael Gerber's

G

presentation in Vegas?
If so, have you followed his instructions?

Jimbo

Like raise your prices?

No, I did not go...I was busy that day!

But I did raise my prices by 15%.

G

Jimbo

if all the others will follow your advice, they would be skiing, not working

G

I have worked on it...not to what he TOTALLY said, but taking parts, bits and pieces of it.

Start with a fresh piece of paper is one.

CHad

Blue Monarch

Supportive Member
Name
Dirk Wingrove
lol @ Bob. That's funny. I should probably raise my prices just a touch. Especially on tile. I'm way too cheap there, but it's so easy and there's so much of it here.

G

Weird

Yesterday I had my garage door insulated, I wrote them a check. Dee Dee asked me how much it was. I said $150 or $250. I called 6 people in the phone book (by the way if you know me, I never do that). The 6th person answered and scheduled me for next day. Service was not a but okay. What I did not understand is why this guy did not go around my neighborhood and see if anyone else needed the same service.

Bob Foster

My guess is many of us sometimes don't see the forest because of the trees which is Michael Guerbers mantra. It sometimes isn't that we don't have the time but we won't take the time to do that extra thing to make our business better. The sad reality is that maybe we are not motivated enough. This often due to a lack of focus or real goals.

If a person could visualize their goals and dreams to the point that they have a clarity so as to be realistic then the next step is to plan to achieve the dream. A plan then becomes a reality as part of the steps to achieve a goal. Most people would not call a goal a dream its something real.

If your are surrounded in BS and bad attitudes (including your own) and disorganization, its time to step away from the chaos and check in with yourself whether it is on your boat, on a cruise, hunting, fishing or a long walk but somewhere else but at work and turn your cell phone off. Put it in your calender as a gift to yourself and don't let anything take a higher priority.

Askal

RIP
Name
Al
Between him and Scott Rendall I have made a concerted effort to "organize" my operation. I have also simplified it. An ongoing process I am afraid. People hate to be organized I have found.
Al

dgargan

Seems to me there has to be more to it then "just raising your prices"
I have done this a few times and stayed committed to it once for 3 months and once for 6 months. Both times my business went down. I turned away thousands of dollars of work just because I wanted to be at a decent rate (.25-.27 cents per sq) I'm missing something.

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
What I did not understand is why this guy did not go around my neighborhood and see if anyone else needed the same service.

That reminds me, I haven't done 5 arounds in forever. I met a cleaner some months ago that USED to do them. He would knock on doors and introduce himself instead of the traditional leaving of a door hanger. He doesn't do them anymore. He said it worked real well though. Consistency is key, otherwise we're just wasting our money and efforts. I suck at it
:lol:

Albert

G

Albert and Bob

I couldn't agree more. We are not hungry anymore I guess.

Blue Monarch

Supportive Member
Name
Dirk Wingrove
I've done 5 arounds a couple of times. I'm sure it works well with consistency. If a custy's neighbor is out, I'll give them a bottle of spotter.

cu

Supportive Member
Name
Cu
Being that most of my work is in apts at set pricing and other then repairs few up sales present them selves .Or it was that way till i opened my eyes, now i hit them up for cleaning out the dryer vents while I'm there, and leave a auto detail card for the new move in with a 10%discount on the car clean. And while i know I'm cheap on my res custys while i build a list they find I'm very good and refer me to others and most importantly to me they know they are getting great value. This i feel is the easiest way of raising prices without losing the custy...that they know they get great value for the service

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom