DID BUTLER STEP UP YET

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Been a lot of action... And stress today. (my wife hates carpet cleaning today!)

We hope positive too

Butler going over top to try and help.

Here is current info

UPDATE WED FEB 14

Our local GM is working on the situation. The Owner has been keeping in contact with us and we appreciate this. They have discovered some problems around the starter and we are hopeful. We appreciate their due diligence to trying to solve this problem.

On another note... We are swamped (thankful) but situation we have dreaded... 2015... The heater quit working and can't get that van fixed with too much work.

And under warranty... We will talk about that another time... :oldrolleyes:

It's going to Brother in Law Gus if guys can't figure out in the morning.

New starter installed but not sure if the cause and not sure if something else caused this damage.

Reactions: ButlerFrank

steve_64

A dollar shim caused all this.

steve_64

Well I DID call stuck bendex at the get-go...
SteveO could be correct on the shim call...
The very first video I called it but a new starter will do the same thing. Put a .020 or twenty thousands shim in the old one and it will stop. It's a Chevy thing.

Reactions: Mark Saiger

Mikey P

Administrator

OK, no more need to guess.

You were Renny Burr in a past life time.

steve_64

Jim Martin would’ve had that fixed in an hour!
Maybe 15 minutes for me. Just remembered I may have posted about this 2 years ago on my 2002. Mechanic wanted $300 or something. Had it out and in in minutes.

steve_64

Add coolant for heat. Lol

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

steve_64

Maybe 15 minutes for me. Just remembered I may have posted about this 2 years ago on my 2002. Mechanic wanted $300 or something. Had it out and in in minutes.
May have been the dodge. My memory sucks these days.

Brian H

Name
Brian H
Those warranties are usually (on small stuff, not Mark's case) more hassle than they are worth. Because you have to deal with the dealership.

I had a starter go on my new GMC, still on warranty. My mechanic said- "have them take care of it."
Yea. Right. And loose at least three work days. Fix it, I'll pay. It's a lot cheaper that way.

I think its part of the manufactures strategy.
Worked like a charm with me.

Even with the extra trucks we have, sometimes it's not worth the hassle taking it in and having to deal with the people at the dealership. Unless it's major, we usually fix it ourselves. That way it's also on our timeline, not the repair shops.

Reactions: ronbeatty

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
The very first video I called it but a new starter will do the same thing. Put a .020 or twenty thousands shim in the old one and it will stop. It's a Chevy thing.

I have a feeling...they leave that step out also....

and I am still not sure if a transmission problem caused a starter problem yet....or twisting frame....

or just a starter.....THAT I ALSO MENTIONED MONTHS AGO TO CHECK....but nothing was checked.

I think things are going to get some attention at this point...

steve_64

It may not have been shimmed properly or at all at the factory. So the mechanic is putting it back the way he found it.

The starters are all the same but the spacing between motor, flywheel and sheild can vary. There shouldn't be any damage other than the sheild gets dinged up.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Aron is picking Christine up today....

they Called...the service writer and I had a conversation to try to understand what has taken place....

We will start testing her tomorrow morning to see if rattles....

if it does....back to the drawing board....but I think they understand there it to be more urgency with this vehicle....

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Mark, seriously you should file paperwork to have this van rechristened to some other name. Sarsour would fit better.
After all, it translates to cockroach.

Reactions: Mark Saiger

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Sooooo, was it the starter?

We are not sure yet.

We backed it out of the shop yesterday...and have it drained and winterized...

So we left it outside awhile also and tested....

No clank

Aron is heading to the shop this morning to test again.

We might then fill the fresh water tank to test if the weight will stress or twist things

Worst part of this....if it was the starter...I told them in November to pull the inspection cover and check....and they just told me...there is no problem with the starter...

I don't think they ever pulled the inspection plate....and talk about excuses....

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom