DID BUTLER STEP UP YET

steve_64

Ughhh if it does clank a little just add a little more shim. The starter probably was ok as far as it working properly.

Did you get the heat issue fixed on the other van?

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Ughhh if it does clank a little just add a little more shim. The starter probably was ok as far as it working properly.

Did you get the heat issue fixed on the other van?

Heater issue was actuator small vacuum tube got unplugged under dash on passenger side (Austin was helping this week, so maybe just a foot got ahold of it)

Reactions: steve_64

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
I was going to call the owner of our GM dealership and reach out and thank him for his assistance and few days ago...

Then just minutes before doing that I get a message from GM Corp case worker saying it's not a GM problem... It's the Butler... :eekk::hopeless:
I called GM and through them (my dealership) right back under the bus. Asked GM case worker then why is it the starter replacement so far seems to possibly be eliminating the noise? Don't they show a new starter installed!? What a crazy crock of crap between my local dealer and Region GM rep filing false information. :madder:

This is not over and I am very disappointed with the local dealership which I will never set foot into their dealership again!

Next nearest dealerships are 2 hours away. They are going to become some pretty good friends! And they have reached out to me!

I might request a meeting at the local dealership as a final wrap up to let them know my dissatisfaction with their service... Or just say Fook em and good luck they suck!

More testing this morning by Aron Jewett

Best thing that really threw them off is when Tom from Butler offered at their expense to get on a plane ASAP and come help analyze the problem :rockon:

Things suddenly were taken more seriously!

So thank you Butler! :rockon:

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni

good for Butler !!!

why are they saying it's "Butler's" fault
(how TM install caused clanking?)

any reason given?

.L.T.A.

Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Lyman
Mark, talked with my mechanic today. He thinks the crank is slightly out of balance . That is why it is taking the trannies out. No real way to figure out besides new motor. Good luck, keep us informed.

Reactions: Mark Saiger

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
I just got home tonight...and we are heading out cleaning with it tomorrow on super large jobs...but will have 2 vans just in case we run into problems...but I really hope it might be fixed (just a dang starter the whole time probably!)

And hope it doesn't explode in any of these driveways....or boy....are we in trouble!!!!

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Return spring not letting the bendix return after a start....probably have some dinged up teeth on flex plate. ..should be OK for ya Mark. ...
I knew I've heard that sound on several occasions

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Return spring not letting the bendix return after a start....probably have some dinged up teeth on flex plate. ..should be OK for ya Mark. ...
I knew I've heard that sound on several occasions
And we told them to please pull the inspection cover and look...and they just kept blowing me and Butler off...

I am not even in the mood to deal with them...ugh!

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
There's no such thing a mechanic who can actually diagnose a problem anymore. If the computer doesn' show them a code and tell them which part to replace, they all stand around scratching their ass, looking confused.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
I've ran outta places that will work on my A6....​
I went out and bought my own
OBD tool ....it does help to stop the rip offs..
I've fired most of the import mechanics that have worked for me...most are arrogant rip offs.....same for lawyers and now I jus fired my stupid ass doctor....for which I'm so glad cuz I got a good one now

Come on Marty...let me have it

Last edited:

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
There's no such thing a mechanic who can actually diagnose a problem anymore. If the computer doesn' show them a code and tell them which part to replace, they all stand around scratching their ass, looking confused.

Ain't that the truth!

Spent over 3500 last summer trying to figure out what was wrong with our truck, ended up having to sell it. 3 different mechanics, no help what so ever....

steve_64

Ain't that the truth!

Spent over 3500 last summer trying to figure out what was wrong with our truck, ended up having to sell it. 3 different mechanics, no help what so ever....
Damn that sucks! Hope you have better luck this year.

I spent over $5000 on repairs just on the van but it was all money well spent. Going to keep it around awhile longer even with getting the butler. It's been dependable just kinda wore out.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
It worked well today

No clanks or rattles or explosions.... Today.

Still cautiously optimistic.

Heard a video of another 2017 GM making the same noise. Pretty much Tom at Butler and all of us told them to PUT ON A NEW STARTER AND DON'T MESS AROUND!!!

Back
Top Bottom