Did I "F" this carpet up ?

Wandslinger

Name
Tom Meyer
Are you going to be okay on this? Or is the customer making demands to fix it? This looks like one of those boobie traps that was preexisting prior to your cleaning. UV damage? Who knows. It's a tough one.

Right off the bat , she told me she doesn't want new carpet but just wants to make sure in the future it doesn't happen again.

Reactions: SamIam

Wandslinger

Name
Tom Meyer
I got these from Martin Bressel, which is pretty much the same thing. He showed those pics to Scott Warrington and he too couldn't figure it out. Martin thinks it was bug spray.

IMG_8571.JPG
IMG_8572.JPG

IMG_8570.JPG

Reactions: Nomad74

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
We all know it had nothing to do with Tom's cleaning.
Tom, just curious, was any of that visible prior to the cleaning and just missed in the per-inspection?

I've seen it both ways where I caught it prior to cleaning (yes!) and some unfortunately past or during, as the water & heat of the cleaning accelerate the chemical reaction or the dye loss.
That is why we have them sign the release and use products that are manufacturers approved. Cause I ain't no Dave Gill and will not replace something that is not due to my negligence.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Tom......this is the green I was talking about when we were on the phone yesterday.....
but on the few I have seen...it was not up against the baseboards..both of them were more out in the middle of the floor from one end to the other...a beige carpet...and then straight down the middle of the room... and then it changed to that light color of green.........

IMG_8572.jpg

Name
Jeff T
Or the bezoil peroxide bomb. I’ve had three of those.
I did a job when I first started, the lady wanted the wool area rug in the living room done. I presprayed the rug with Procyon, made sure my temp was around 130, and when I turned around, there were 2 almost perfect hand prints close to the couch.... she asked me what I did, and as we were talking, this zit faced 15 year old kid walked into the room... I asked if anyone in the house used medicated acne wash, to which the mother and son replied ‘NO’... yeah right..... she wanted me to pay for the rug. No fookin way....

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Tom......this is the green I was talking about when we were on the phone yesterday.....
but on the few I have seen...it was not up against the baseboards..both of them were more out in the middle of the floor from one end to the other...a beige carpet...and then straight down the middle of the room... and then it changed to that light color of green.........

View attachment 81526

It killed that fly laying there too :biggrin:

But I have seen this in one other place before.

All along the base boards about an inch out....

steve_64

Happens in my apartments occasionally. That's when they tell me oh yeah there were fleas real bad.

But like Mike my color vision isn't the best. I do have the glasses now and it helps a lot.

Reactions: Mikey P and SamIam

randy

Name
Randy
I'm guessing some sort of chemical reacted with another chemical once you added moisture. I don't see carpet cleaning products causing this. If the whole room turned, maybe but not like this situation.

This week I had a first. Similar looking but darker. Customer had left two large plastic storage tubs in the loft for 8 months and they left perfect rings. I tried everything and couldn't remove them. The carpet felt almost like there was a wax on the carpet. I figure it was chemicals leaching from the plastic. Some plastic products are sourced from countries where all sorts of bizarre processes and chemicals are used. I had a plastic product give off such awful fumes that my whole garage smelled foul. I returned it to Walmart and the problem was solved.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom