Did I mention that Connoisseur is moving?

Mikey P

Administrator
A long time power partner, who some of you met a the very first MF during his mold presentation at Keith's Service Master shop, recently bought a local cleaning and restoration company. We've been in Let Tip together since about 2001

He invited us to share the building..... :clap:

We're excited as there is far more opportunity to refer one another than the last room mate.

Next weekend is the big move. Damon can you come help?

ohv avatar.jpg

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas
Exciting Mike. Sounds like a good move. Wishing you success!

We're moving too. Our lease is up for renewal and our current landlord is jacking the rent up. So we found a brand new warehouse with a larger warehouse footprint. It should serve our ecommerce / distribution model better than the current space that we're in. We plan to be in the new building in July. :lol:

P.S. I remember Keith from MF 1.0 - that one was a blast!

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
Holy cow, everyone’s moving. That’s good, no one wants to fish from a lonely pier. Good luck you two, especially Rick since he’s one of our suppliers.

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Wow. Thats great. Hey I would come help you out. Maybe I can let my wife and kids go to the beach and hit the boardwalk. Im never staying in that hotel 6 again though. It was terrible. We found a diaper and cigarette butts in our room.

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
Just be careful how you're both categorized from a Google standpoint. The possum part of the algorithm may filter one or both of you. Two alike businesses aren't suppose to be at the same address and unit number makes no difference. Had a few issues where two carpet cleaners were renting legit space but had the same address like 1234 Main St but different unit numbers. You'd search for carpet cleaning and one was filtered but if you move the map with your mouse or finger they'd re-appear.

We actually ran into this issue with 2 Mikeyboarders. If you've been running out of your house and eventually get shop space where you're not hiding your address. The best thing to do is to change the address all around even if it is in a different city. At one point you could keep both locations and it would fly so long as you had another number. It isn't always the case. Google already knows you service that area from the original Google listing. I've been able to figure out if theres a 4oish plus mile difference they'll allow both to hang but anything under that and they'll filter the new location.

Doctors offices ran into this issue where each doctor had their own Google listing. Suddenly all or all but 1 of them disappeared but would reappear if you moved the map around when you clicked on More Places. So you now see a lot of Doctors offices create brand names like Northwest Cardiologists and then they'll list the doctor's names in the description. So when people search for that specific doctor the brand name appears in the results.

I'm sure Fred is on top of it, but don't know how much SEO stuff he's doing these days and wanted to make others aware of it as well. If you obtain a lot of work from the internet, you should really think about where you're going to plant yourself. Sometimes paying a little more will pay off long term to be centrally located in your service area.

Reactions: Mikey P

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom