Diesel Truckmounts - Has Time Arrived ?

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
I have a "carpet cleaning customer" who runs used restaurant oil thru his diesel vehicle.

I swear it smells like french fries when it is running. 8)

Larry

Bob Foster

I had a neighbor that did the same thing. His oil came from a fish and chip shop. Smelt like fish and chips.

Supersucker

I am glad I came across this thread, you have reminded me to pick up a filter & some oil for my VW Diesel 250,000 mile oil change. I like Diesel and would certainly prefer it for my TM. I do wish there were more to choose from, as far as I know there are only three (HM, Blueline, Prochem), they all use the B&S (Hyundai?) engine, which I have heard is not that great.

I have not been able to get any kind of service from the local B&S dealer. I just recently changed out an engine with less than 300hrs on it. Most small engine shops won't touch a truckmount, at least around here. So I am my own warranty station anyway.

There is a difference in the BTU output of the Diesel engines, which would have to be addressed with larger exchangers. I believe that Judson has built a Diesel Reactor which seems to be the best way to get the heat out of a Diesel - liquid-liquid exchange.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
dude you forgot one...and from what i have heard maybe the best for a diesel..

power clean

Jim Bethel

Name
Jim Bethel
Thanks for the mention Floorguy :) This is the PowerClean D-XT Diesel Genesis. It runs a 52 hp Isuzu engine with a 5 year/5000 hour warranty.

NewDXT.jpg

And yes Supersucker, Larry Cobb and I have discussed what you mentioned about the output BTU's of the diesels previously. You are correct, the heat exchangers do need to be revised. I think most of the Diesel TM manufacturers have already taken this into account. The other thing you have to take into account, is the initial engine vibration at start up, and the vibration shake at shut down. This MUST be taken into account.

Jim

T

The Magician

Do a search on diesel fuel fumes especially standing near a slide in tm everday. The big word is cancer causing.

SRI Cleaning

Name
Anthony Firmani
Yeah Jim, in my opinion that is one of the best looking truckmounts I have ever seen! :D

And, the only diesel slide in with that kind of power. Most of the ones I have seen are in the 26 horsepower range.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
be sure to add that mention to my acct.. :wink:

If i had the funds and the work load my choices would be

1. judson
1a. that diesel..

of course I just love diesel always have always will...my 1st car was a 82 datsun DIESEL pickup...damn i loved that thing...till i made it TOO low of a low rider and did some damage...that was 15 yrs ago and it had like 180k on it.... I hear tell from the place I bought fuel filters. the guy who bought the motor from the junk yard is STILL using it to run a ditch pump...So who knows how many hrs/miles it has on it..

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom