difference between a bolt in truck mount?

KOOSER55

what is the difference between buy a truck mount and having it installed or buying a brand that has sells the van and system together, any big advantage or disadvantage?

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
The company selling the package deal likely has plenty of experience with that particular combination of truck mount and van. He knows the ins and outs of the installation.

Someone who installs whatever TM you bring into whatever van you have may have a system he follows for installing all units. This may not account for a different machine or different van.

This may or may not hold true in your particular situation. But I would feel more comfortable with a mechanic who knew the system and the van.

Scott Warrington

Name
Jesse
The units that come in a van utilize the van's engine to operate a very simple machine. They are sold as more reliable due to the simplicity of the design. While reliability can be argued and is very subjective, the truth is they are simple and easier to work on and diagnose. Their biggest downsides are higher fuel consumption, being reliant on the van to operate, and less performance than some of the larger slide ins. The performance issue is due to the use of a weak magnetic clutch used to drive the machine with exception to the Vortex and Aerotech. My opinion is that the clutch is expendable, they generally run less than $300 and can be installed quickly and easily.

The "slide in" units that bolt in have their own engine, and engine accessories. Some are still relatively simple while some are very complex. More parts means more opportunities for problems. Reliability with these machines varies from manufacturer to manufacturer and unit to unit as well as maintenance on your end.

There are many options and not one of them is the last word in machines.

KOOSER55

how much more fuel is used for the the pto vs. the slide in, it sounds like the pto is more reliable because it has less parts to break but it wears on the trucks engine more, but it isnt as powerful as some of the slide ins?

Bob i dont know what mean you by mikey alter ego?

Im just trying to do as much research as possible before i buy a system, Ive never really used on so.... sorry if im asking to many ?'s

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
No...Mike...questions are good...it's the answers that get nubees screwed up.....sounds lik you have already been talking to the wrong people or you would NOT be asking the ones you are!

KOOSER55

well what do you think about pto's vs. slide ins? which is better in your eyes? Im going to be residential work mostly But im going try and learn the commercial side of this business to

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Mike..i'm sorry..but i think you are trying to pull a fast one here...if i am wrong about you i apologize......but the things you or asking about are CC 101!
Three years in business......you should know more......

KOOSER55

wow pulling a fast one, because ive never used a truck mount system??? sorry ive only used a powerflite portable for the 3 years ive been working??? i dont know what you mean by pulling a fast one, I worked for superior carpet and upholstery and legendary carpet and upholstery in the baltimore metro area. But im sory for trying to get as much info as possible before i make a purchase

Raedan

I 've been using portys for eight years. I have looked at PTO's and slide ins.
They both have there pro's and con's. Keep reading posts do a search and take your time. It's a fairly large investment. I personally chose a slide in.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom