Difference between restorative and interim cleaning

tcul

If HWE is suppose to be "Restorative", and bonnet/OP is "interim", then:

Why did my pads come up so dirty on the white berber I post padded this morning?

TC, Bonnet Boy

MicahR

Name
Micah Richardson
I started to post bad berbers and would only get minimal amounts of soil on the pad so I quit doing it. My guess it's how your hweing.

I flush the heck out of olefin berbers and never have any wicking problems.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
as MicR said.

it's cause your a rookie hack and don't know sheet from shinola

100psi porty with whimpy vac and that weak Abstraction juice you have to spike as a pre-spray don't hep nun either

..L.T.A.

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
lmao

Tcul, I would probably keep post padding. I believe these are high risers right?. If that's the case hopefully you have a real good porty. Don't rule out an op machine too.

Albert

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
"Don't rule out an op machine too."

Albert, he WAS and OPie only guy for years

he's branching out to be a HWE hack now

..L.T.A.

G

Nahh..wait until some of you girls do hi rise work..with shitty white berber. One can flush and flush and flush...then pad pad and pad some more...

Then rinse and rinse and rinse...then pad pad pad some more...

It will never end.

The dumb asses living in those Condos...I mean apartments people that can't afford homes leave all the windows and patio doors open so it blows in all the silt and dirt...and CO from the exhaust of everything.

HiRise life is a dirty life..thats for sure.

I had 2 condos that I tried and tried and tried. The water kept on coming out dirty and must of threw 40-50 NEW pads at it over 5 times of cleaning 1 bedroom and 230-250sq of a livingroom and hall.

Geeze, I'm suppose to clean my carpet more often than once every 5-8 years? Then he bitches that its not perfect..Well SIR, it will NEVER be new again.
Lucky he was gay and had some HOT white girl friends that were over.
Luddy would of gave 2 thumbs up on those!

Chad

Reactions: Travis Sonderegger

tcul

I figure you all chaulk it up too a weak porty.

Okay, did a job with an experienced HWEer and fellow CCer who had a recoil-3 with booster vac.

Waste water was as black as crude oil. Post padded and the pads where just ask black.

How do you explain that? Should have used a TM? This was a military facility with limited access. Didn't have a hose a quarter of a mile long!

TC

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
"Okay, did a job with an experienced HWEer and fellow CCer who had a recoil-3 with booster vac."

Who, that George Willis dude?
The one who was crying when someone called him back for dirty sock complaint when he was a towel twirler?

doesn't mean he was any good

wanna "restore" a carpet?

Cert pilebrush, roto scrub (or OP scrub) flush/rinse extract, polish it off with OP

and NO a brush on a stick AIN'T anywhere near as good as a roto or OP scrub

Scrub

PS, what chems used?
What quantities?

..L.T.A.

tcul

You guys like to change the subject.

I'll try again. If HWE is "restorative", which is the industry's mantra. Then why do post pads come up black as the ace of spades after HWE? How can a carpet be considered "restored" when you can run a pad over it and it gets filthy?

I agree, you need to use a variety of methods, and you'll never get all the dirt out. Two methods are better than one.

TC

Greenie

Michael Ellis said:
HWE is only as good as the agitation you used prior to extraction.

AND the volume of Prespray, the volume of rinse water, and the level of heat, followed with the strength of the vacuum you use to recover it and the wand or powerhead you use to do all of the above.

I'm willing to bet something was lacking in the islands.

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
My experience is that in really trashed carpet you're going to almost always leave some dirt behind. Usually it's not noticeable and you can make the custy very happy. But, I'm not going to be there for hours till water in the rx is comming out clear if they have'nt had the place done in years. Believe me, they've been living in filth for years. Your 90% improvement is going to be 200% to them.

Albert

tcul

Nothing went wrong in the islands.

It was the dining facility at Kunia.

Not accessible by TM.

GW went over it first with the recoil-3. Plenty of hot water as this was a chow hall with deep sink with scalding hot water. He made multiple cleaning AND dry passes.

I followed up with pad after pad after pad and the pads was black man, I means black.

Oh, and yes, it wicked like crazy and I had to go back. Probably brought up shit I spilt there in 1993 when I was stationed there!

Had I padded first, and had GW follow up with HWE, his recovery water would have looked like "bubblin crude".

Next weeks project is to HWE with HP portable and RV, then post pad to see if the pads come up any cleaner.

TC

lance

Hey TC try this and see what happens:

Prevac an area of dirty carpet and then put down more
prespray than usual. Use op machine and wet pad to scrub.

Suck up prespray with porty using slow dry strokes.
Rinse area well and use slow dry strokes.

Use op machine and damp pads just like op only cleaning.

Do you use heat with the porty? This does make a difference.

G

And you will be able to do this 4-6 more times since its been soo neglected over the years.

Layers upon layers upon layers of shit.

I have a hallway that is about 5,000 feet that we TM 3 times within 1 week. I can still go over an area that is 100sq and burn up 25 cotton pads on the bottom of the brute with NO glider.

It doesnt matter if we prescrub with the whittaker, cimex and grey pads, green-blue pads on the rotary or the Brute. It always comes up dirty.

Chad

tcul

I got a tsunami. Should be here this week. Gonna get a glide for it.

I think the easiest thing to do is prespray, flush the crap out of the carpet @ 4 GPM, then post pad. I find padding after HWE is so much easier and easier on the pads since the carpet is well lubed. Pads glide over the carpet with the greatest of ease.

At any rate, I am convinced now that using BOTH methods kicks ass.

TC

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom