Do any of you run two cleaning companys?

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Well it's settled then.
I will let you know how it works out.
Gotta get on the phone and call the local Hacks.

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
Brian Robison said:
Well it's settled then.

If you are subing the work out to your local hacks, don't you think that they will do whatever they can to gain that customer from you by 1. doing the work w/ you 50/50, than taking all the referrals from them, 2. telling/lying to you that the customer was too cheap/didnt like estimate, than going back and doing the work themselves, 3. im sure there are others things "Hacks" do, since they are "Hacks".

Seems to me personally, would be more of a PITA to deal with these low end jobs to just get 50/50 and still have to pay for advertising, deal with price only low balling customers on the phone, cancellations, etc. If you already have your high end market with your main company.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
tmdry said:
Brian Robison said:
Well it's settled then.

If you are subing the work out to your local hacks, don't you think that they will do whatever they can to gain that customer from you by 1. doing the work w/ you 50/50, than taking all the referrals from them, 2. telling/lying to you that the customer was too cheap/didnt like estimate, than going back and doing the work themselves, 3. im sure there are others things "Hacks" do, since they are "Hacks".

Seems to me personally, would be more of a PITA to deal with these low end jobs to just get 50/50 and still have to pay for advertising, deal with price only low balling customers on the phone, cancellations, etc. If you already have your high end market with your main company.

These are things to think about for sure...here is what I think

1. They can have the customers..I am only advertising for the onetime job. Most low end jobs never call the same guy twice anyway.

2. You pre qualify the job for a minimum and check the job after (over the phone). If the hack says they canceled and the customer is in on it...not much you can do. If it happens more than a couple of times, you know what's going on and fire the hack. Most of the guys I know wouldn't want to screw a company giving them regular work. But it happens...par for the course.

3. Other things hacks do are...not show up, show up late, bad image..etc. reason for advertising as another company and not getting a bad rap on the good one. Gotta have a good supply of hacks in line waiting. There are a bunch ready to go at a moments notice.

You have to advertise in the cheapy news papers and maybe some cheapy dirct mail. This is just to suppliment my company unless it takes off.

I would have some crazy name for my company that just screams "low prices".

Who knows, it might work.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom