Do ever wonder what some engineers are thinking?

Andy

Name
Doesn't Matter
870 water cooler #3jpg.jpg
870 water cooler #1.jpg
The new Sapphire 870 has a water cooler on the front of the radiator to control the temperature. Which may work in Arizona. What happens when you have to use it up north. What would Marty say? Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Oh ya Idiots

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
My opinion is with these overly complicated heat exchange major brands is there is................SHOP REPAIR TIME built into the design. More cash flow for the distributor.

Reactions: hogjowl

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Makes me glad I have the model before this. Love my Ford industrial fuel injected engine.

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
I think that was put on the front to keep the water box cooler because of all the issues with the CAT thermal 165° valve. Am I wrong?

Andy

Name
Doesn't Matter
I have the older model also. The one in the picture is the newer model less than 100 hrs on the unit and has replaced the cooler three times. The last time was because it had froze and he admits that but the first two just ruptured and sprayed water all over the front panel. I really don't understand there thinking, when you are starting the unit up that is cold water in that cooler,and drawing cold air right through it. Those small tubes are going to freeze instantly and the carpet cleaner gets blamed. If the engineers aren't riding in the caboose their head probably is.

Andy

Name
Doesn't Matter
They should take their understanding of the physics involved and ask Conway for some input for practical application.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I think it's a private joke with engineers sometimes. Like when they decided to put the fuse box on American Cars under the dash. Every time they drive by a car with some poor slob in it with his head under the dash and his legs wrapped around the head rest, they snicker or even giggle a little.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Engineering on many TM's is very poor for service.

They should be forced to remove & replace all the major components before releasing a new model.

Compact units are the worst. I feel for the mechanics

who have to contort their bodies to get to all the parts.

P.S. - Three coolers in 1st 100 hours would point to initial quality.

What else was damaged when the one cooler froze ?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom