Do the math for me

Mikey P

Administrator
My guy used 65 gallons today to clean 600 square feet at 450 psi and 8 flow, including using a 09 tip'd Hydroforce for pre-spraying.., with the new Everest

How many ounces per sq ft is that, roughly....

Andy

Name
Doesn't Matter
@SamIam I didn't notice it when i posted. Besides nothing wrong with two great minds getting the same answer. Sorry just make it two minds getting the same answer.

Reactions: SamIam

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas
Encap would've consumed 2 gallons of water to clean 600 sq ft.

Just sayin. :winky:

How-much-water-is-on-Planet-Earth-illustration.jpg

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    577.6 KB · Views: 158

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas
Was thinking on this a little more. The carpet could've been encap'd 30 times before consuming 65 gallons of water. To look at it another way, it could've been maintained for its entire useful life via encap using as much water as a single HWE cleaning. :eekk:

Not bashing HWE. Just thinking out loud. There's gotta be a way to employ less water to clean carpet!

Name
Jeff T
As I do both HWE, and VLM, I think they both have their place. I do a fair amount of work for a large janitorial company (150-60 employees). All they do is bonnet cleaning. When they ask me to come in and HWE as the ‘spring deep clean’ as the owner calls it, the water out of my waste tank ALWAYS comes out black as coal.... I think both methods are needed for truly clean commercial carpet....

Name
Ross Martin
I'm limited to 60 gallons supply and limited heat with the Legend as well.

So I have been becoming more "creative" trying to get the same results with less flow/more heat.

You can get an amazing amount of work done with less than 60 gallons including tile and grout.

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
I cleaned 3 bedrooms yesterday and my machine shut off while doing the last room. My tank is 120 gallons. It kind of pisssed me off. I need to fix my APO float. But 100 gallons for three rooms? Everything was separated by hardwood and it was a huge house. There was a lot of moving hoses around. Probably all the idle time caused the machine to bypass.

Last edited:

grizzley

Name
Tim
1,181.5 ounces per gallon. Divide 600 sq ft by 65 gallons. That equals 9.23 gallons per sq ft. The multiply 9.23 by 128 ounces in a gallon..... 1181.5 rounded of course

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Had a old PC Bruin years ago and it too bypassed into the waste tank. This was around 2000. So after all of these years where is the high tech everyone mentions? I see basic changes and more electronic doodads to fix but over all the same old shit. For more money and more shop time.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Years ago, we figured 1 gallon per square yard for residential pile was thoroughly flushed. That is just over 14 ounces per square foot. We recovered about 80 - 85% which left just over 2 ounces per sq. ft. in the carpet. Seems pretty close to your numbers.

For commercial carpet with short pile, we could clean about 3 square yards per gallon of water.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom