Do you believe A good deed never goes unpunished?

G

I was asked to clean the carpets in an apartment occupied by a victim of domestic violence. Some volunteers cleaned the kitchen and bath, they did all the laundry, even the landlord repainted the place. The husband/boyfriend is probably in county lock up, they don't tell us. They will tell us it is a woman with children who has been in a shelter or safe-house for "several days" who is anxious to return home and resume her life. This is second time I did it for this group.
The landlord said he was impressed with my work. He is going to have two apartments in two different buildings vacant by next weekend and that I should stop by and give an estimate.
Do you think he will be put off by my "typical" quote, of 30¢ per sq ft will be more than he's expecting? I have a minimum of 300 sq ft ($90). The work I did today was for the "warm fuzzy feeling" and a write off of a $120 gift in kind. In the landlord's eyes by my doing my work as a charitable gift makes me a nice person or someone who gives work away? Thanks.

Mikey P

Administrator
I had some errands to run in Jefferson County this morning, but was able to
squeeze in a little birding. In Leray I encountered a long, loose, linear flock
of migrating blackbirds that included approximately 6000 Common Grackles and
just a handful of other species. Nearby two Northern Harriers were dive-bombing
a Red-tailed Hawk. After I finished my errands I took an hour to check out the
wildlife sanctuary portion of Perch River WMA (basically the west end of the
Allen Road impoundment. Here are the highlights (duck numbers are approximate):

Gadwall: 35
American Wigeon: 360
American Black Duck: 4
Blue-winged Teal: 6
Northern Shoveler: 2
Northern Pintail: 34
Ring-necked Duck: 225
Lesser Scaup: 50
Hooded Merganser: 1
Pied-billed Grebe: 3
American Bittern: 1 (late)
Bald Eagle: 1 adult
Peregrine Falcon (made a couple of half-hearted dives at ducks before
meandering off to the southwest)

Common Moorhen: 1

Yesterday I spent a little while along the St. Lawrence River in Waddington and
Louisville. Duck numbers at Wilson Hill were way down over the previous week,
as the large rafts of Ring-necked Ducks present for several weeks were nowhere
to be found. The highlight of the morning was a group of four White-winged
Scoters at the Waddington boat ramp.

Stops at several spots along the Lake Ontario shoreline of Jefferon County
Thursday afternoon turned up virtually nothing anywhere except at Montario
Point. From the west end of Montario Point Road I saw 90 Red-breasted
Mergansers and a mixed group of at least 40 scoters. The mergansers were all
close to shore, but the scoters were more distant. Most seemed to be
White-winged, but I was able to pick out at least one Surf and two Black
Scoters in the group.

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
He is obviously happy with your work. Treat him like any other customer, and give your estimate. Then deal with pricing objections.

What you can do is talk with him about using you exclusively on all his move-outs. Figure out how many apartments he has, and see if you can give him a "high volume rate". If he promises to give you every apartment(contract of some sort), and if they're all the same you will do it for xx.xx amount per unit.

That way you have a price if he only wants to use you on special occasions(your normal price). And if you HAVE to do any adjusting for a per unit rate for the higher volume then deal with that. You never know, he may respect your work, and allow you to clean all of his apartments for your normal price. Take it one thing at a time.

Good for you for doing the charitable work. I'm sure the woman appreciates your efforts!

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
So Deb, when are you going to call me?

951-218-1600

BTW if you wish to be taken seriously on this professional forum, I would lose the sexually suggestive "slippery when wet" monicker.

Take care,
Lisa Smith

G

Mikey P said:
I had some errands to run in Jefferson County this morning, but was able to
squeeze in a little birding. In Leray I encountered a long, loose, linear flock
of migrating blackbirds that included approximately 6000 Common Grackles and
just a handful of other species. Nearby two Northern Harriers were dive-bombing
a Red-tailed Hawk. After I finished my errands I took an hour to check out the
wildlife sanctuary portion of Perch River WMA (basically the west end of the
Allen Road impoundment. Here are the highlights (duck numbers are approximate):

Gadwall: 35
American Wigeon: 360
American Black Duck: 4
Blue-winged Teal: 6
Northern Shoveler: 2
Northern Pintail: 34
Ring-necked Duck: 225
Lesser Scaup: 50
Hooded Merganser: 1
Pied-billed Grebe: 3
American Bittern: 1 (late)
Bald Eagle: 1 adult
Peregrine Falcon (made a couple of half-hearted dives at ducks before
meandering off to the southwest)

Common Moorhen: 1

Yesterday I spent a little while along the St. Lawrence River in Waddington and
Louisville. Duck numbers at Wilson Hill were way down over the previous week,
as the large rafts of Ring-necked Ducks present for several weeks were nowhere
to be found. The highlight of the morning was a group of four White-winged
Scoters at the Waddington boat ramp.

Stops at several spots along the Lake Ontario shoreline of Jefferon County
Thursday afternoon turned up virtually nothing anywhere except at Montario
Point. From the west end of Montario Point Road I saw 90 Red-breasted
Mergansers and a mixed group of at least 40 scoters. The mergansers were all
close to shore, but the scoters were more distant. Most seemed to be
White-winged, but I was able to pick out at least one Surf and two Black
Scoters in the group.

I'm noticing quite a bit of Falcons in my area now that the fields have been freshly cut. Falcons and Hawks.

:lol:

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
Not a prude. I just feel that this guy is fake and using a female ID with a suggestive name to entice the gullible.

If "she" is real, she can contact me.

Take care,
Lisa

-JB-

Name
JB
thbovineexcrement.jpg

$120 gift in kind.

Gimme a BREAK!

That is NOT lingo of ant "newbie" :roll:

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
isnt it if you brag about your good deeds they come back to haunt you !! Slippery when wet.. that just means your using to much vaginal moisterizer..

G

truckmount girl said:
Not a prude. I just feel that this guy is fake and using a female ID with a suggestive name to entice the gullible.

If "she" is real, she can contact me.

Take care,
Lisa

I don't have to call anybody! Judging by the warm welcome some of you have given me, I might not waste a whole lot of time here anyway.
I can't believe the hateful and hostile reactions from you paranoids. Obviously someone doesn't feel threatened and has already given me full access of a supporting member. Get over it. Do yourselves a favor, grow up. In the whole scheme of things, you and this board have absolutely no effect on my life or career. In turn, I have no effect on you lives or careers. So save your breathe. I don't care!
As for "lingo" buddy, I have an AAS in Computer Graphic Arts that I earned more than a dozen years ago. I have been employed by the same weekly newspaper, actually two editions that share about 75% of the advertising and editorial content, is probably where I picked up my fancy "lingo". I've been dealing with all sorts of businesses designing ads for companies as varied as attorneys, car dealerships, medical practices and yes... carpet cleaners. I'm not some dirt bag that just crawled out of the trailer park. You however are entitled to your own assumptions no matter how ignorant and childish they may be.

rick imby

Name
Rick
Now I'm feeling abused. Lisa never asked me to call. I've been known to be Vegetarian-phobic.. I could be a cute Girl masqerading as a Really cool guy....

hmmm

Welcome Slippery dick.. Short for Slippery Broke Dick or whatever you would like to be called.

In Reference to your question you can do good things and you can work. The free work you did possibly got your foot in the door but you have to continue to earn your work in the future. If he owns a lot of rentals he will know the value of carpet cleaning and the lowest price possible. Shoot him what you think is a fair price for your experience and equipment level and let the cards be played.

gary mackay

So why do dirt bags have to come from trailer parks? What if you have a double wide instead of a single wide?

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
Slippery, there are a lot of phony posters. They cause problems on all the BB's.

it would have been a lot more believable had you chosen a different screen name....but that coupled with your unwillingness to give any of the administrators a call to verify that you are not just some guy who is messing with us leads us to assume you are not who you say you are.

If we are incorrect, then by all means give one of us a call (I only offered myself because I am a woman and you might feel more comfortable calling another woman than a guy) and let us know you are real. The information you can glean from this board is worth the phone call. hell, I'll give you my toll free number then it won't even cost you the long distance: 866-438-8335.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Take care,
Lisa

Joel D

Name
Joel Darker
Mikey's a birder?! Seem to be a higher level one too.

When do you sleep?

Yesterday I saw 2 adult eagles and one immature that I thought at first was a golden eagle but probably just wishful thinking.
(bald eagles dont get the white head until year 2 or 3)

Peregrine falcons have been seen in my area but ive yet to see one. There is a wma across the road from me, part of the reason we moved here.

Saw my first sandhill crane this spring, a common nighthawk a few weeks ago, watched a coopers hawk kill a flicker after hearing some strange screaming. Heard a very rare saw whet owl in backyard.

ok i feel better

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
Some people should learn a little common courtesy in this thread. Some fairly poor manners have been on display...

Joel D

Name
Joel Darker
Its already been said but what you did certainly cant hurt. I know many have gotten their foot in the door by doing a free cleaning for property management work. What you did was even better. If he wont go for the prices you think you need, move on.

-JB-

Name
JB
Some people should learn a little common courtesy in this thread. Some fairly poor manners have been on display...

You mus be talkin to someone else! :evil:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom