Do you compete with Mullti Truck Operations?

I compete with:

• Total voters

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
As my mind goes I am content to sit on my porch............not knowing what happened yesterday..........and simply enjoying being in the moment............staring into the SUN.

Mikey P

Administrator
Mikey, when Larry said you are out of touch with reality, my interpretation of that-- is that you are in a league all your own; and congrats for that.

In hindsite, I wish I had marketed and priced my services to the higher earning crowd.
But when I lost about 80% of my customer base during the 1st Dot com bust I decided to have a wider customer base with the middle class and more modest prices.
Dealing with your type of client base has it's risks and rewards as does mine. I choose not to take that the risks you took, and sometimes I regret it.

We cater to anyone who will pay for our service.

It's not just billionaires who think we are worth it.

But a 250/350/500/1500 minimums with .60 a foot rates sho do weed out most of the riff raff.

Reactions: Nomad74

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
My issue with those higher end people is that they seem to have very little to worry about so they stress on the minor things.

They really want to be sold all "The Sizzle".
Granted, they are willing to pay for the "Sizzle"--

I just don't have the patience to deal with them. There are bombs dropping on children, and they are worried about a sofa not being placed exactly in the same spot- 2 inches off was unacceptable, or a slightly askew piping on a cushion.

I might be willing to perform more of the "sizzle" if I was getting the kind of money you are getting-- but that might require building a new brand; which I've thought about doing. But honestly--Being so close to retirement or change of life to Thailand-- I'm lacking the desire to do so.

So Hats off to you Mikey for "Having a different reality" then most of us. :smile: :very_drunk:

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
I wouldn't trade places with them. I am fabulously wealthy in ways they wouldn't understand.

They most likely don't have inner peace, have superficial relationships, or are worried about losing it.
They have become prisoners to their wants, desires and possessions.

I think Lee has inner peace.

Reactions: bob vawter

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
My issue with those higher end people is that they seem to have very little to worry about so they stress on the minor things.

They really want to be sold all "The Sizzle".
Granted, they are willing to pay for the "Sizzle"--

I just don't have the patience to deal with them. There are bombs dropping on children, and they are worried about a sofa not being placed exactly in the same spot- 2 inches off was unacceptable, or a slightly askew piping on a cushion.

I might be willing to perform more of the "sizzle" if I was getting the kind of money you are getting-- but that might require building a new brand; which I've thought about doing. But honestly--Being so close to retirement or change of life to Thailand-- I'm lacking the desire to do so.

So Hats off to you Mikey for "Having a different reality" then most of us. :smile: :very_drunk:
I did a sofa once in a high end display place that had 2 different styles of loose cushions arranged on it. After I finished cleaning them, the finisher asks if I remember how they were arranged. I say no. She says great, now I have to pay some to rearrange the cushions. I thought of becoming the Lone cushion arranger.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
That's just a myth.
There are some rich people with skewed priorities and I've had a few of these. And yes, life is too short to deal with them.
In my experience, most are very nice, down to earth people.

I've had more issues with people (and their crazy expectations) that did not clean their carpet for twenty years, let alone vacuum, than with the "rich".

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
That's just a myth.
There are some rich people with skewed priorities and I've had a few of these. And yes, life is too short to deal with them.
In my experience, most are very nice, down to earth people.

I've had more issues with people (and their crazy expectations) that did not clean their carpet for twenty years, let alone vacuum, than with the "rich".
The people that want to pay the least demand the most.

Acp

Name
Bjorn Marshall
sometimes just depends what part of the world they are from...

some old money rich people are more comfortable with low class very low paid workers and dont really want high paid white guys in their house charging so much lol

you go to many Asian countries and any hired help/worker is going to be very much lower class/poor

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom