Do you offer Seniors and military discounts?

Mikey P

Administrator
If so, how much?

and can it be combined with other discounts?

My conundrum in NV is half the population in the valley here are retired seniors who are rather....thrifty... If I had to give 10% off on 50% of my jobs I think I'd have to raise rates to cover it..

Reactions: Connor

steve_64

I don't do it. If someone is needy I'll help out. I'll do a little extra work maybe free protector but its not my policy.

As you stated there are to many to collect on it.

Bob Pruitt

Name
Robert Pruitt
Mike your Seniors don't need a discount; young families need a discount. Military families... I'm giving them way more than they pay for...because they deserve it. My honor and pleasure.

Here in Florida half the population is a seniors.
Of course they are only here half the year because they own 2 house, cars in both States, Gardeners in both states and have house keepers in both states...and those House keepers are cleaning every week even though they aren't there. Young people are working in Restaurants where the Seniors tip like it's 1960.
My price is my price. No discounts.
I do clean for a young family in genuine need and help a genuine in need Seniors as well. Church groups provide names, addresses and prep houses for that type of charity work. Usually one or two a month.

What I will do for some people is - Hey let me put some fabric protector on the bad traffic lane that comes off the kitchen... Let them know- We normally charge $40 dollars but it will clean up better when you do your regular vacuuming now.
Discounts become the expected norm and that doesn't work for me.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I don't advertise a lot anymore but if someone asks, I will give seniors a 10% discount, cannot be used with any other offers or Ofers either.

Reactions: Connor

Askal

RIP
Name
Al
I don't get the military discount. My brother was in the Marines for 1 stint. Worked in an office in Kansas. Got paid with good benefits and college after. Now someone putting their life on the line is totally different. That being said we offer 5% for seniors and vets because it brings in business.

Reactions: Connor and Mikey P

Connor

Name
Connor
No discounts. I explain that I treat all my customers the same, and in order to give a truthful discount, companies put that loss from a discount back into their overhead.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I don't get the military discount. My brother was in the Marines for 1 stint. Worked in an office in Kansas. Got paid with good benefits and college after. Now someone putting their life on the line is totally different. That being said we offer 5% for seniors and vets because it brings in business.
I don't think you can make a distinction between combat and non combat roles. One supports the other. Without the guy sitting in a office in Kansas, the guy in Afghanistan might not get the support he needs. Just the fact that he enrolled and went through basic training and became a marine, knowing that he could be sent overseas, makes him worthy in my eyes. Sure there guys that maybe don't deserve any special consideration but who are we to make that distinction. Same with seniors, many are very well off but they worked their whole life to be in that situation and I believe that deserves some respect and if it makes them feel good about reaching their golden years, giving them a 10% discount isn't going to break you. For example, my uncle who served in the RCAF all his life was dying of cancer. He was just a couple of years short of reaching age 65 when the senion discounts kick in. I took him fishing but had to get his fishing licence first. The guy writing out the licence, looked at my uncle and said you're a senior right? My uncle just nodded and got his fishing licence at a substantia discount. He loved the idea of putting one over on the government before he died. He didn't need the discount but it made him feel great, all things considered.

Reactions: TimM

WillS

Supportive Member
Name
Will
10% off entire bill for military. Only is someone says they are senior and are on a budget do we do 10% off for them to. But always 10% for military, that has driven a lot of us biz for us on Nellis Airforce Base out here. I hear alot someone posted on their community forum board for Nellis that we do the discount.

Mark Von*Lay

Name
Mark
case by case basis...if they don't ask on the phone....fixed income I WILL. but you never know my wife has been a nurse for 24 years and went into home health...a Lady she has been with for a long time....sends her to the bank the women has over 750 k in the bank her husband was a NASA engineer she has a very modest house compared to most out here on the lake....and you would never know she has that kind of account. and then you meet some who have to put there meds and food on a credit card....and that hurts me.....guess I'm and old softie.....but don't tell anyone.

Reactions: Mikey P

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom