Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Mikey P

Administrator
How often do you use it?

Do you use it as a stand alone method?

For pre scrubbing?

Post padding?

Instead of a Portable when the TM's hose cant reach?

2-3 times a week.

Only on Comm. that I would use it as "stand alone".

Prescrubbin??....Somtimes...

Post Dobbin??....Sometimes....

Yes....Unless the carpet is super nasty and coverd in Shit,Piss, and Blood ect.

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
Conqueror and Brute

On commercial, except grease (restaurant) or very dirty when tm access is ok

Experimenting on certain residential (no access, olefin, poly)

Use a few times a week

Albert

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
Conqueror
used it only once in a residential when the TM broke down, it was a rental so the owner was not there during the cleaning, he showed up when we were done and said things looked great but I feel like I cheated him

used it in a retirement complex once on the third floor and the people on the second floor started freaking out thinking the building was have an earthquake

and one time when I first got it, used it on my own carpet and vibrated things off the walls and tip bloomed a patch of carpet because I did have a glide for it

I have cleaned tile and grout with it using the abstraction chemical, worked good

scrubbed some mildew/moss of a concrete side walk before hosing it off, worked good

use it most for commercial carpet maintenance

I have used it for post pad on commercial but find it not necessary unless it is carpet that hasn't been cleaned for years

it runs real smooth with a micro fiber bonnet under it and they last quite a bit longer then the cotton pads

brocksdad

I had one of the old ones but it was a bit slow. I sold it a couple months ago and just bought a new rotary to pre scrub and encap with.

Steve S

Challenger op machine does most of my work! I also have a steamin demon and sprint (cbm) machine
Steve S

G

I have 3 of them and love them. Can I do everything with them...Nope. Can I do everything with just one of my Butlers..Nope.

Its a tool that I have and I know when and where I can use it.

I would rather use it than a Porty. I also like it for doing hotel rooms...where they want the rooms rent-able within 30 minutes. No one can do that with a Porty in the midwest.

Chad

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
"How often do you use it?"

I don't know, maybe 10% of total jobs

"Do you use it as a stand alone method?"

Yep, that's the only way we use it

"For pre scrubbing? "

Nope, prefer the rotary or pile brush for ease and speed

"Post padding?"

Nope, that's for anal retentive types or hacks who don't know how to wand.
(or uneven concrete sub floors where good wand contact can be an issue and then we use the rotary)

"Instead of a Portable when the TM's hose cant reach?"

Yep, almost all the time unless it's a roached cut pile in need of restoration/salvage

..L.T.A.

Name
Lee Stockwell
We use it more in the wintertime. Couple times per week stand alone, more often after TM on certain "dingy" traffic lanes. The stuff we used to say was "wear" turns out to be dirt.

Reactions: grizzley

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
17" Orbitec How often do I use it? Not as much as I'd like & yes to everything else.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
I can't wait for my 8 inch wheels to arrive this week to put on my orbiwreck.Changing out the smallish 5 inch wheels for some 8 inch ones so it will push forward without wandering....just like a Brute.

hogjowl

Idiot™
I now know why you are talking to Todd and Darlene so much over on the blue board.

Cuz you've lost your freaking mind.

PS You have a GLS machine. REMEMBER?

danpauselius

Conqueror, stair tool and 20 in Brute with spray system.

We don't use it that often anymore, the TM is just more fun. I do have to say though that if my back goes out, the OP might make a comeback temporarily.

We also use it as a stand alone but primarily for customers who demand that system. People do sometimes demand it because that all we used when we started out. So they were very happy with the results and want the same system.

On a couple of occasions, I've brought it in when matting was an issue. It definitely "fluffs" up the steps real nice.

If we have a large commercial job that isn't too bad, I might use it because it covers alot of footage rather quickly.

Shit, piss and puke ... NOT A CHANCE!

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
Mikey P said:
How often do you use it?

For pre scrubbing?

Post padding?

for all resi ("stand-alone" for resi - only did 58 homes this year). i like my Challenger OP alot better than my portable days. never use it on commercial.

thanx --- Derek.

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
Have a Brute 17" without spray system and a 1/2 hp CCS Blue.

Rarely use OP as stand-alone.

Use the Brute mostly to prescrub HWE.

Al

yes Conqueror,

We don't use it often although I wouldn't part with it unless It was to upgrade to Brute.

We have used it stand alone on both resident and commercial, it really helps to post pad on commercial areas that are prone to wick up.

On big commercial accounts with offices and halls, I sometimes have one Guy OP the cleaner offices, while the other 2 HWE.

It's another tool in the box

AL

RickL

O.P.

How often do you use it?
Several times a week

Yes on most berber and for small commercial or touch up on commercial maint accts

For pre scrubbing?
Yes

Post padding?
No

brocksdad

You guys that want to upgrade to a brute I have a friend that has one he doesn't any more since he got a tm and two cimex's

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Chad keeps telling me how much I need a brute, so we will eventually get one.

We currently
HWE 100% of our residential cleaning
HWE 75% of our commercial cleaning
Cimex 25% of the remaining

Another tool for those jobs that need fast drying but are more soiled than we would use the Cimex on.

:wink:

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
My modification to my orbiwreck is so I can use it once in awhile!

DILLWEEDS!

G

From what I see is that there is 2 guys who would rather use a Brute over their Cimex's on this subject....

Hmmmm

Chad

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
Sorry Mr. Chavez, I was referring to Richard Lord.

Jimmy, can you say what your mods with the orbitec is (any pics)?.

Albert

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
i'd be interested in a Brute, but from what i gather they are on the loud side...that true? my Cimex is nice & quiet. i can't see a reason for me to have both. i'd like to see where the Brute is in a couple years...see if they last and don't fall apart. Cimex has been around for 100 years or so and is built like a brick house. and hardly any moving parts to break / maintain.

thanx --- Derek.

JohnnyV

I have 2 of the older CCS machines. One of them has a 1/2 hp motor and a grout brush for it. I used the other one today to pre-scrub and post pad a berber. It is a little easier for me to carry the Smaller CCS machine up and down stairs.I'd like to do some rewiring and set it up so I could take the handle off and carry them seperately. I sanded some wood with the 1/2 hp also...did a pretty good job.

I never use it as a Stand alone. Just don't believe in it. I never did.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom