Do you use a water filter for incoming water?

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
Do you use a water filter for incoming water on your TM's?

just wondering.. i was thinking about making one out of a GE whole house filter..

John Watson

I had one for years becaude we often had to draw from wells in our rual area. Last time we reinstalled the shaft mount into the newer truck I left it out,but i do have an inline screen at my hook up point which on some occasions I have found it to be partialy pluged and needed cleaning..

Name
Nate W.
C&S said:
Do you use a water filter for incoming water on your TM's?

just wondering.. i was thinking about making one out of a GE whole house filter..

I believe I have the same setup your talking about. The TM came with it. So far, so good.

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
i was just thinking that if i filtered it would help to just keep the junk outa the chemical feed and the pump.. i have been cleaning alot of commercial and just thinking that the rust/ iron isnt helpful to the cleaning....

postaldave

hock :s:

Its an easy set up, Picked one up at Dixiline here in Southern California ,Its blue ,and filters incoming water from the hose bib. inside a string filter,very effective and whole setup is around $25.dollars. Look for the under the sink water filtering system. It looks Blue and Hard Plastic been using one for years along with my water softener .

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
C&S said:
i was just thinking that if i filtered it would help to just keep the junk outa the chemical feed and the pump.. i have been cleaning alot of commercial and just thinking that the rust/ iron isnt helpful to the cleaning....
Any well-engineered TM should have at least a couple of screen filters before the pump.

Rust and iron removal would require a specialized filter for removal.

Some areas of the country would benefit from that type of filter.

Talk to your local water department and ask for a breakdown of contaminants.

Larry

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
im not talking about the total filtration of the water.. just was thinking that the large 4-5 micron particals would get stuck in a 1-3 micron filter (typical house filter from GE). you can also buy differant filters from course to fine partical removal.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom