Does anyone have any experience with the new Gecko 12" head?

Mikey P

Administrator
I have not tried the Interlink tool, have you?

gekko-group-blg.jpg

The angle of the vacuum connection on the wand looks wrong to me, why not straight back like a carpet wand instead of down? Maybe the gun handle makes it work..

I think it needs to be 2" too to speed up the velocity.

It looks like the manifold could be tapped to fit two or three more jets...
ar51h_2.png

I couldn't find a video of it in action on YT..

Thoughts?

Last edited:

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
I have an older version and yes 85% of the vac hole is obstructed. What MORON designed that?
But don't know if the new style head will fit this older version. But EGADS! it's expensive!

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
AR51H Gekko 14 inch Brush Head

I know that's not the 12" head you're talking about, but watch the video of the 14" in action. Either they used a crappy prespray, or the psi wasn't high enough, or it's just a crappy tool. I was not impressed with how long that neck is on it. How in the world are we gonna be able to get in narrow spaces with that. Heck, even the 12" will be too big for anything narrow. I guess they want you to buy the other attachment, instead of just swiveling it. I don't like it

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I have been doing travertine tile and use mine all the time to clean up the slurry and it does a good job....tile job now and then that I can't get the turbo into and no streaking or any type of problems.....

Mikey P

Administrator
I have been doing travertine tile and use mine all the time to clean up the slurry and it does a good job....tile job now and then that I can't get the turbo into and no streaking or any type of problems.....

The Blue Gekko?

Good to know, one is on the way

Bob Pruitt

Name
Robert Pruitt
With all the hard floor cleaning now a really good wand hard surface tool is needed badly. Amazing to me that the companies that had a head start with the wand tools have never improved them in any significant way. I am hoping that someone does step up and makes the finished version of the tool that was brought to MF St. Pete.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I have the new gekko tool and so far it works great. The manifold is redesigned so it's a little beefier and doesn't block the vacuum port like the old one. The rubber skirts are a little rigid but should loosen up in time. Better connection fittings makes it a little easier to change heads.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Last edited:

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
So is the Westpac hard surface wand something to be considered? It looks well built.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
We have been working with Wespak on the 14" Squeegee Tool for several months.
Four #110015 1/8" Brass Jets cover the width well.

The Urethane squeegee is durable, and the "Y" fitting keeps the plumbing neat & out of the way.
Brush head slides on as well.
View attachment 72709

http://www.cobbcarpet.com/zen/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=76&products_id=5467
Does that kind of squeegee head lock down on the floor where you can't push it, like the classic squeegee does? I threw mine out the door.

And does that head swivel or is that just where you can loosen that head to remove it?

hogjowl

Idiot™
Fook off.

I'm in no mood to joke about the massive amount of hours and energy I've put into this thankless endevour.

If you're inclined to F with me about it, get a nice pillow for your raft
Fook off.

I'm in no mood to joke about the massive amount of hours and energy I've put into this thankless endevour.

If you're inclined to F with me about it, get a nice pillow for your raft
:eekk:

Reactions: dealtimeman

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom