Does chem dry still do bonnett cleaning?

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
My local chem dry, had some vans seized 2 years ago.. I see there vans, (even peeked in the windows) No truckmount. are they suppose to have a truckmount? If they are they need to be shut down lol.

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
I have yet to see a TM in my area and they are all over the place. I think I have 4 or5 different chem who in the area and never seen a tm in the truck.

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
well, i maqy have seen one in my area but like i said that van must have been one of the one that was seized lol. could you imagine if chem-dry told all of its franchise owners you have to replace every van with a TM? Most would go broke right away. They really don't have much overhead.

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
I have seen one with a tm in my area. they carry a bunch of carbinated water tanks much like the ones you see in restraunts feeding into the soda fountain. I dont understand them they hwe here with a prochem tm and a rx20 yet bash hwe. plus they hwe at only like 150psi. anyway I dont care for the chemlie people . but yes they clean with truckmounts and portys from what I hear

Al

There isn't a CD in my area, so CD sends us the work orders. We use our normal process.

Farenheit251

Chem Dry screwed themselves when they went to truckmounts. I know the bonnets didn't clean as well but they didn't lack customers. The old system did have a lot of advantages-cheaper vehicles,low equip cost,equip that has little maintenance and overhead,easy system to train . If making money was more important than quality of cleaning I think they had the perfect setup. Now I bet a new van,overpriced Tm and an overpriced RX cost $60K and you still have to pay for overpriced chems and franchise fees. I dont see them on val pak anymore.

Name
I'm Rick James
I took a tour of the HM plant 4 years ago and saw them putting together a CD TM.

Name
jack zerkie
Chem dry still going here in Ft. Myers Fl. a few trucks around and called the new chem dry what ever tha means. I just had a job for $ 300. 00 and chem dry wanted $575 and said that maybe they might have to replace the carpet after the cleaning . Not sure what method they are using . Jack Z

Walt

How can HD sell carpet and then sell cleaning that doesn't maintain the warranty? I imagine that is the reason CD is switching over.

Wayne Miller

Name
Wayne Miller
"How can HD sell carpet and then sell cleaning that doesn't maintain the warranty?"

Probably the same way Shaw can say you gotta hire a Certified, CRI-SOA approved cleaner to keep it in warranty........or, you can rent a grocery store walk-behind and get your kid do it.

rhyde

Name
rhyde
“Unlike the Chem-Dry process, steam cleaning frequently uses high pressure that forces water down through the carpet backing straight to the pad.”

So, Chem-dry isnt dry.... and they're switching to the same cleaning method they trash that's deceptive advertising & slander

Todd Anthony

rhyde said:
“Unlike the Chem-Dry process, steam cleaning frequently uses high pressure that forces water down through the carpet backing straight to the pad.”

So, Chem-dry isnt dry.... and they're switching to the same cleaning method they trash that's deceptive advertising & slander

chem DRy is using truck mounted Steam cleaning now ?

wow this has to be the biggest case of hypocrisy in the history of the carpet cleaning business ,

the public needs to know this .

and that name is not the best to have in todays day and age , chems are BAD . watch them change the name next to green dry or something like that .

what a bunch of liers .

Todd Anthony said:
rhyde said:

chem DRy is using truck mounted Steam cleaning now ?

wow this has to be the biggest case of hypocrisy in the history of the carpet cleaning business ,

the public needs to know this .

and that name is not the best to have in todays day and age , chems are BAD . watch them change the name next to green dry or something like that .

what a bunch of liers .

Hydramaster makes the machine. Think it has a 20 gallon waste tank.

royalkid

Supportive Member
Name
Gulf Coast Carpet Care
The process we use for THD booked jobs is strickly TM...NO bonnet (only post bonnet for faster drying). CD is going to make the use of TM's mandatory for owners and bonnets only to be used on commercial grade (as an option). Some CD's still use spray/buff as primary method to aviod the high costs of owning/running a TM...I think you guys call folks like that a.....HACK?...yeah, definetly a HACK! BTW, the waste tanks come in 50-100 gallons sizes...no 20 gallons here. We have 2-15gallon solution tanks (not much), and only 120psi...which SUCKS!!! Now that CD offers Tile and Grout cleaning, you would think they'd offer TM's that go higher (1,200) in psi, but nope...we have to use water otters for that. No the most efficent set-up, but will clean as good as anyone here...just takes longer :)

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
seen the Heaven's Best truck twice today, don't they do bonnet cleaning or OP

Aimen does bonnet cleaning, In fact both his vans do.
steve frasier said:
I seen the Heaven's Best truck twice today, don't they do bonnet cleaning or OP

Aimen does bonnet cleaning, In fact both his vans do.

seen them twice but did see you :? :lol:

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
New contracts for each Franchise means new equipment and type of equipment.
I've seen the TM for Cehm dyr but I didn't get the specs or anything.

First...years ago
Vacuum, spray soda water, bonnet, groom. Actual CO2 tanks

Then
Vacuum, Compressor to pressurize the tank to spray (powder had Bubble when dumped in water), bonnet, groom

Then then
Portable (crappy ass velda), bonnet, groom

Then then then
Portable(power something...stilll crappy), Power head cleaning (rx20), groom

Now
TM, RX20, groom

The actual beggining of the job required us lying to the customer. Telling them how clean we could get the carpet.

Course, we didn't realize we lied to them. Being an honest person...it really bugs me.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
One of the originals.

My Parents owned one of the first franchises...we had the original contract that didn't put them into the hell fire like the later ones.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom