Does price point marketing work to past customers?

Chris A

Name
Chris
I'm thinking of re-doing our pricing a tad. Right now we are stuck in a rut where EVERYBODY gets 10% off, alll the time. We put it on all our post cards, give it to every new customer who calls, etc. I'd like to just get away from all that, lower our prices just a bit on some combinations, then put in the post cards something like (3 open areas and FREE hall $129) etc. Any input? I just really feel like the 10% off has lost its luster, and our reggies should be using us 10% off or not, although their gonna take advantage of it regardless...

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
I think you are on the right track losing the 10% Chris. In this world of half off 10% is meaningless and it is probably better to market another way, whether it is a package price like you illustrated or no price. Test a few ideas and see how it works, just remember to test long enough to accurately gage results.

Ken

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
A percentage off just doesn't get much attention or have much meaning.

It's better to say DO this and get THIS!

Example: Have us clean 3 rooms to perfection get a free bedroom traffic area. Or you can add bottle of spotter, 1-/2 off protector or whatever.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Yeah, 4 rooms for the price of 3 etc. Not bad.

If you're not doing pre inspections then try this.

Think about the average size room you did for the entire year...Figure the average price for that room and then advertise room pricing at that price.

Bigger rooms can be charged as 2 or 1 1/2 etc.

It's made life easier for me...But I'm not dying to get the highest price right now.

With other offers like pet treatment and protectant....I really make out in the long run.

Carpet Cleaning is easy...Price shouldn't be too big of an issue.

With a decent price to get in the door....and a price that gives the customer a better idea of what to expect....You will win more jobs and then have the opportunity to offer your other services.

Not to mention marketing to that customer for the repeats and referrals etc.

KISS (Keep It Simple Steamer)

Chris A

Name
Chris
Yeah we already price by the room so its not a huge adjustment.

CDRX

I agree that 10% to everyone can get stale. I send out post cards each month mixing it up with different specials, sometimes a percent off, or a free room, or every 3rd room free, free protector for one room etc. Part of my November special is 2 dining chairs cleaned free, gets them thinking about their guests coming over for Thanksgiving and sitting on their furniture.

You'd like to think your past clients should use you with or without a discount, but it does make them feel special to be getting an exclusive deal as a preferred customer. It doesn't have to be much, it's mostly just to keep your name in front of them and possibly nudge them to call you.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
My experience is that most past client don't take advantage of the discount.

The card simply works like a reminder.

If they are kind of thinking about it they call .

If not, the card goes into the trash and the client won't even be aware they received it.

Do you remember all of your junk mail?

Becker

Name
Becker
Royal Man said:
A percentage off just doesn't get much attention or have much meaning.

It's better to say DO this and get THIS!

Example: Have us clean 3 rooms to perfection get a free bedroom traffic area. Or you can add bottle of spotter, 1-/2 off protector or whatever.

is 1/2 off 50%?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom