Dog dander smell

SamIam

Name
sam miller
We gets lots of dog dander smell jobs, but every now and then we get one that is really bad.

We had an empty place that smelled like dog before you even opened the door. The dog smell was so terrible i thought i would toss my lunch. It had been vacuumed but we vacuumed it until the bagless wouldn't show anything. We pretreated with bio-breK ( the best for dog dander we have tried ) ran the crib, then rv360i with a brush head, then pre treated again with Harvard green tea and let sit for a bit then hit the whole thing with a wand. Smelled great when we left.
2 days later the landlord went to the job and said it still smells. I checked it and sure enough the place smelled horrible.
Ran out ozone machine for 48 hours and it was fine.

What is your favorite dog dander smell pre treat or after cleaning treatment?
We have never had to run an ozone machine like that before. I hope you guys have a better chem option for dog dander.

Sounds like that place was the exception good job!

SamIam

Name
sam miller
IMG_3387.JPG

Reactions: hogjowl

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
This is good to know.. If I encounter that situation, i will tell client that it will not guaranteed and that dander from animals permeates everything, not just carpets.

Reactions: Mark Saiger

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
Been meaning to ask this...what about chlorine dioxide? I heard you can charge $5-$7 per sq ft home that have odor problems such as this thread problem discription. Has anyone utilize this?

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
The one i am talking about is putting it bucket of cold water with aerator in it. It turn into strong gas that permeates everything. Anythig organic or odor source get attacked and render into salts. You are gassing the entire house through and through. You are right about getting rid of the source first....throw the carpet and padding into the dumpster..:biggrin:

Reactions: SamIam
Back
Top Bottom