Dog Urine on poly/cotton blend couch

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Depends on the percentage of poly to cotton how aggressive you can be.

The stain is only on the surface but likely the source of the odor is urine that has penetrated the fabric into the filler material. Think of it as two separate problems.

You can use HWE on most cotton fabrics. Use a tool that delivers a lot of water but leaves fabric relatively dry. (Hydro kinetic, DriMaster, internal jet tool, etc.)

Oxidizers (and reducers) should be the last resort not the first thing you try. There are some milder products that may remove the stain. Go to oxidizers only if other methods fail.

For the odor, you may be able to remove a cover from a cushion and get to the source of the odor with a liquid or you may need to inject something. A bacteria / digester would be my choide for this situation. About an ounce every couple of inches if injecting. Treat as far as the urine might have spread and then go a little further to be sure.

Scott Warrington

Harry Myers

Name
Harry Myers
Steven , I always like to use boost all buff all and fine fabric. Sometimes I put 2 oz per gallon boost. 4oz buff and 6 oz of fine fabric. Alot of the time I use my hydromaster and extract with an acid rince. I had a couch of my own same fabric . White in color. Another good product is Kleen rite Super X than do what I said after it is dried. 2 options

Harry Myers

Name
Harry Myers
Steve it sounds like you did good. Bridge point or Master Blend shampoos I like for foam. Pro Chem does not sudd up as well. I also been to Utah for my Master 2 test. Nice sceneary . The food is good to.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Harry Myers said:
I also been to Utah for my Master 2 test. Nice sceneary . The food is good too.
Fans of green Jell-o with carrots flock to Utah. then there is fry sauce. Ummmm.

Scott Warrington

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Steve,

I don't think the UV light would hurt the fabric if done for a reasonable amount of time - a few hours or less. But I am not sure it would help. Could be interesting to see.

I would reclean with 4 ounces Bridgepoint Fabric Shampoo plus 1 ounce Boost All plus 2 ounces Buff All. Disolve the Boost All in hot water first. Whip up a good foam and allow the foam some dwell time - 15 - 20 minutes before extracting. That should be enough oxidation to remove any remaining stain.

Scott Warrington

P.S. Utah has so much more scenic beaurty to offer than most folks imagine. From mountains, to red rock valleys, to unusual rock formations to cool green canyons along the rivers. Definitely worht another visit.

SRI Cleaning

Name
Anthony Firmani
scottw said:

The stain is only on the surface but likely the source of the odor is urine that has penetrated the fabric into the filler material. Think of it as two separate problems.

You can use HWE on most cotton fabrics. Use a tool that delivers a lot of water but leaves fabric relatively dry. (Hydro kinetic, DriMaster, internal jet tool, etc.)

Oxidizers (and reducers) should be the last resort not the first thing you try. There are some milder products that may remove the stain. Go to oxidizers only if other methods fail.

For the odor, you may be able to remove a cover from a cushion and get to the source of the odor with a liquid or you may need to inject something. A bacteria / digester would be my choide for this situation. About an ounce every couple of inches if injecting. Treat as far as the urine might have spread and then go a little further to be sure.

Scott Warrington

What sort of bateria digester?

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
SRI Cleaning said:
scottw said:

Scott Warrington

What sort of bacteria digester?

Bio-Charge would be the product in our line. There are other choices.

Scott Warrington

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom