Don't dump it

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
I have the new Dev and I love it. Great wand.

The other day I broke the little brass nipple that connects the wand to the pressure hose and couldn't fix it on location. (In case you haven't figured that out yet- I ain't no Stockwell :winky:)

So, I pulled out my trusted good old PCti wand, that made me a bunch through the years.
Man! That's a good, light, well made wand. I was flying.

The Dev is still my "numero uno." But that PCti is a damn good one. So those of you that have multiple vans, if people get rid of that wand for scrap metal prices. Get it.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Thank you for your vote of confidence, ladies.
No. This one broke and in the valve's casing and it wasn't stainless. And I ain't no Stockwell (you got that, Marty, right? Concentrate!) So, I couldn't extract it on location.

Now it is stainless.

SS-5404-2T.jpg

http://mikeysboard.com/threads/who-carries-these-stainless-connectors.288349/

And that PCti is a great wand. Don't dump it. I tell you- It was like a joyous reunion!
You still with me, Marty. Right?

Last edited:
Reactions: Nomad74

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
I tuned you out at nipple thingy
"Nipple thingy" help third world countries immigrants, describe and replace highly technical lingo.
While still maintaining red neck audience attention.

Evidently, in your case, it didn't work :winky:

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
I have the new Dev and I love it. Great wand.

The other day I broke the little brass nipple that connects the wand to the pressure hose and couldn't fix it on location. (In case you haven't figured that out yet- I ain't no Stockwell :winky:)

So, I pulled out my trusted good old PCti wand, that made me a bunch through the years.
Man! That's a good, light, well made wand. I was flying.

The Dev is still my "numero uno." But that PCti is a damn good one. So those of you that have multiple vans, if people get rid of that wand for scrap metal prices. Get it.

PCti? Ill look that up..

Name
Lee Stockwell
The next time you drop the wand you will break the valve.

POLEEEEZE....go online or to Harbor Freight and get a $10 set of Easyouts. Stick one into the broken nipple and with the enclose handle turn it Counter clockwise until the broken piece is out. While there, get a cheap toolbox for your new past-time. We will help you.

You will finally feel very good about yourself and your new skills.

Pay it forward.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
I will Lee. Thanks. I already feel better about myself.

And I don't drop my wand. I lay it. And the new stainless steel thingy already lasted two days, without a hitch. I love it. It's also connected to a stainless steel valve.

These breakable brass nipples are poorly made and weak. Weeeeeeak, I tell you Lee Once and if it breaks you'll be the second person I'll let know.

Derrick, PCti is Prochem titanium wand. Used to be the phenomena dejour here for many years:
pc-tmbsw-ea_4.jpg

Now, you can Get Tom's wand for the same price, so no go on new one. But if you can get it for a low price, it is a really nice wand.

Last edited:
Reactions: Russ T.
Name
Lee Stockwell
One time on one of the 405s somebody (me?) moved the van with the solution line attached and accidentally broke off the quick coupler on the front of the machine.

Yes I was upset, had to remove (I thought) the front cover to get to it. Took that off and still couldn't. Yes it took me THAT long to realize that an Easyout would have snatched that broken nipple much more easily without removing the cover. When I did it came out easily.

A stainless nipple might not have snapped off. It would have instead ruined a $400 solution manifold and shut me down far longer than the hour I spent.

I gratefully replaced the very inexpensive brass part with another identical.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Lee,
Given the choice of it breaking on location more frequently and possibly changing the valve ($46.00) every few years. I'll happily take the second. Every time!
Lets put it under industrial bliss and peace of mind, for the over worked mechanically challenged.

I am not sure a Stockwell can relate. :winky:

However, the principle of protecting a very expensive part with a "weaker" link component is understood and a logical decision. Point well made. A valve ain't it though.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
The next time you drop the wand you will break the valve.

POLEEEEZE....go online or to Harbor Freight and get a $10 set of Easyouts. Stick one into the broken nipple and with the enclose handle turn it Counter clockwise until the broken piece is out. While there, get a cheap toolbox for your new past-time. We will help you.

You will finally feel very good about yourself and your new skills.

Pay it forward.
Love that Lee. And so true.

What's POLEEEEZE?

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Nah, I go to professional places.
Have you heard of the valave Nazi?

Lookie here, $40.00:
https://www.nosoupforyou.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/1934-Soft-Touch-Stainless-275x275.png

Reactions: Mikey P

steve_64

The use of softer materials that connect to harder materials is done for a reason. Two pieces of stainless will kinda weld together making it unable to be removed easily.

I haven't had a brass nipple break in years. When they did I was able to remove them with pliers. If it were stainless the easy out would be the only way.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Nah, I go to professional places.
Have you heard of the valave Nazi?

Lookie here, $40.00:
https://www.nosoupforyou.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/1934-Soft-Touch-Stainless-275x275.png
I think you need a solution whip that connects direct to the valve and your quick connect is 15 feet down line. I've never known anyone to bust more metal than Damon. Congrats you are the King! :winky:

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Lee, Chavez and all other industrial design philosophers, I have only one word to say:
Stainless Steel, Baby!

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
To be exact, this is what Mamma said:

The choice is yours son.
Get Stainless and be done with it.

Or:
Listen to Chavez and Stocky, buy brass and the rest of the cleaning season you'd be doing nothing but-

giphy.gif

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom