don't use a hairdryer to dry a mattress

Scratch62

Name
Roger S
Customer called me to come out and clean a small cat urine spot on the side of her king size mattress. I get there and find a 1 foot in diameter yellow stain on top of the mattress. Cat used it for a bathroom a year ago and she "cleaned it" with something she got from the pet store. So now she has a big water mark because the wet area spread into the dry area and left the water mark. Black light revealed the underlying pet stain trail as well.

Since i wasn't expecting to deal with a water mark I did not have any drying apparatus so I asked her if she had a hairdryer so we could dry the spot while i was there to make sure it was all removed. (She was giving it to someone and wanted the yellow gone)

I told her to put it on the cool setting and showed her how to blow it across the top of the mattress, not directly into the mattress.
I used the Haitian cotton shampoo to reverse the water mark and she was operating the hairdryer all was going well till the very end when I went to deal with a stain in her other room while she finished drying the mattress. She decided to jump up onto the bed and used the hairdryer to help push herself up. She instantly burned a hole in the mattress. When I returned she told me she had ripped it and as she was talking she turned the hairdryer toward the mattress and burned another spot.
I am going to get one of those small air movers asap.

burned mattress.jpg

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Since when are we having customers help us?

I don't even let them move a chair for me once I'm on site.

Dealing with plenty of elderly, I learned that the smallest thing can cause damage to them or their property. And once they're performing work for you they're your employees.

Have you seen a person trying to slide a dining chair out of the way and get the leg caught in the table and start falling over it with the chair leg aiming upwards now straight to the stomach?
Greenhorn flew out of my hand ...and I caught the person with one arm before the impaling moment.

"yo honor, the carpet dude tollll me to hol da hair blowah' righ dere n now I gots burns spotts on it..they need to buy me a new maddress"

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
If Canadian, that's a bargain. How much you charge for not coming?

As a precautionary measure, Zee hires a Drill Sergeant to march his clients while he cleans. Too much clients' leisure time never lead to anything good.

290px-Drill_instructor_at_the_Officer_Candidate_School.jpg

Attachments

• 290px-Drill_instructor_at_the_Officer_Candidate_School.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 246

Mikey P

Administrator
btw, when they say it was the pet who leaked on the bed, it was them or the SO.

Every cleaning truck in the USA of America should have at least one Dripod and one Omni Mini snail on board.

Is she blaming you for the burns?

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Scratch62

Name
Roger S
No, she immediately said it was her fault. The only reason i got her to do the drying was because she wanted to make sure the yellow was gone before i left and since the parameters of the job had changed from what she told me on the phone that was the only way I could make that happen.
I agree that we never let the customer help!

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
As a precautionary measure, Zee hires a Drill Sergeant to march his clients

They're so cute marching around the neighborhood singing while I work.....

Sayeret Zeetkal

Attachments

• 290px-Drill_instructor_at_the_Officer_Candidate_School.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 235
Last edited:
Reactions: ruff and Cleanworks

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Yeah I'll stretch it out real tight and then use my bowie knife to make you a girlie mans.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom