Double Trouble on sewage job!

Al

Last Tuesday we got an emergency sewage clean up, it was a good size job, contents pack out and it effected 2 floors.
Were general contractors as well and we had all the clean up finished and dry, all the studs encapsulated, new dry wall, new drop ceiling and so on.

Then my painter gets to the job yesterday morning and a second flood occured, more than 2 times the size of the first one! :shock: Ruined all of our work and much more.
I was 1.5 hours away getting a soot clean up started, when I got his frantic call that water was gushing out of the toilets and shower :shock:

What a drive that was, he must have called 20 times "DUDE HURRY", he had me in panic mode. LOL
I called my office and Debbie got Roto Rooter out to the site and they had the water stopped just as I pulled in to the driveway. :)

We have it all gutted out again now and 4 large dehu's in place.
You never know what a day my bring in this business 8)

My horoscope "Your world is flooded with emotion at the beginning of the week. You may need knee-high boots just to get through Monday without getting wet. Try to keep your sensitivity in check on Tuesday, especially around others."

LMAO

R

Robbie

Sweet!!!!!!!! Congrats Al!!! I had a job a few months back that re-flooded after we cleaned/dried it. Was awesome added another 5grand to the ticket... 8)

John Watson

When I did this type of work in Alaska 80-87, (We did at least a quarter million per year with the Municpality) We had a few regular repeats in the lower areas. When the transfer pumps failed or somebody would pour grease down the drains. Anchorage city crews have weekly routes running a steam line down the sewers to try to stop the quagulation of those grease deposits and plugging the line (Sewer pipes are burried on top perma frost and they love to clog..) and we have had as many as 3 blocks, every house or unit affected. During the cols spells the steam trucks would try to hit the worst areas dailey.

R

Robbie

John Watson said:
When I did this type of work in Alaska 80-87, (We did at least a quarter million per year with the Municpality) We had a few regular repeats in the lower areas. When the transfer pumps failed or somebody would pour grease down the drains. Anchorage city crews have weekly routes running a steam line down the sewers to try to stop the quagulation of those grease deposits and plugging the line (Sewer pipes are burried on top perma frost and they love to clog..) and we have had as many as 3 blocks, every house or unit affected. During the cols spells the steam trucks would try to hit the worst areas dailey.

I have had a few customers over the years(when I worked for a different company) that have had the same flood happen to them again...It's really easy to do the Xactimate bill when you already have the sketch done...I had one that happened on the same day exactly one year after....Repeat carpet cleaning is nice but repeat flooding is even better...I'm getting more and more into restoration work....I love it...The only thing that sucks is it takes a month or two to get paid....Maybe when I get more established it wont matter but I just did three larger sized flood jobs back-to-back-to-back and have yet to get paid one red cent from any of them...Having all the expenses for doing the jobs plus pay roll is really tough right before Christmas...I'm hoping to get paid for one of them any day now...

steve g

Name
steve garrett
I had a customer this summer that had his basement flood 3 times within about 3 mos, I was beginning to worry he might think I was coming back and causing it, LOL

Ed

Name
Ed Prevost
Nice Al. We have a few customers that we've done more than once. We have one customer in particular that we have done at least once per year for 5 years. We've done her twice this year. Sump pump failure. Allstate is ins. company. I'm shocked they keep paying.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom