Drill Powered Agitation

SamIam

Name
sam miller
I know Darren Hickman sells a set of three pads for drill use and that other guy who was on here too, David Matthew.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
@CJ-FL

11926B6C-63AE-4608-B3BD-E01445E5AB46.png
9ED3B293-5AB3-4954-8EBC-63CB72F32D51.png

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
would youinz all stop it with the Worx CRAP tools :dejection:

if you want cheap, buy Ryobi
if you want pro grade, buy DeWalt, Bosch or Makita

I shouldn't have to be telling "professionals" this ....:arrrr:

..L.T.A.

icleancarpetz

Name
Rafael Samson
What did you bid the seats at? I just did a bid a few weeks ago for a theater. The carpets and seats haven't been cleaned flr over 10 years. They were disgusting. I bid the job at $3 a seat. About 700 seats total. I haven't heard back from them. I think I was too high, but hell, I refuse to work for $1 per seat.
Thearter s are as cheap as landlords. Rarely is there an owner willing to pay what the job is worth. Their profit margin is low and so is their Cleaning budget. About two years ago I was able to do business with one here locally. After seeing how disgusting the floors were after watching a movie, I walked up to the manager and introduced myself and gave him my card. He called a few days later. Made enough to buy to rotovacs and pay two guys to help me clean the carpets. It took 3 nights after 11pm to 4-5 am. Made good money which was a rare thing. At the right place and the right time with the right manager.
That’s the bad part about movie theaters, you can’t start til the last person is gone and they are open 8 days a week.
Check back with them multiple times a few months later and found out the manager that hired me split and they ripped out all the carpets and put down laminate wood looking floor. They must have spent a small fortune on that but not willing to pay for scheduled carpet cleaning at least quarterly. Duh. The numbers would have been way cheaper to clean then replace. This place was only 3 yrs old build from the ground up.
MOST ARE CHEAP!

BTW bring a flash light an examine the seats before you seat on them. Theaters are known to have bud bugs lice and everything else. Not everyone that goes there are clean people.

If they didn’t bit on $3, you don’t want them. I would not go lower.

Reactions: Nomad74

Bob Pruitt

Name
Robert Pruitt
Seems to be in auto upholstery mainly but still ... seems a little aggressive.
I think by the time you knew if it was too aggressive or not, the damage would be done. Not worth the risk IMO.
Light Pre-spray, horse hair type brush and rinse. To make it faster have one guy do the spray and brush then move on to the next piece. One guy rinse. Like we do it at MF...and we pre-vacuum at Ronald McDonald Houses.

Reactions: SamIam

SamIam

Name
sam miller
would youinz all stop it with the Worx CRAP tools :dejection:

if you want cheap, buy Ryobi
if you want pro grade, buy DeWalt, Bosch or Makita

I shouldn't have to be telling "professionals" this ....:arrrr:

..L.T.A.

My point was this is the stuff CJ was seeing in the video!

I wouldn’t use a power tool period on upholstery!

I’m in Bobs corner!

Last edited:
Reactions: Bob Pruitt

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
When I use, I have it on slow setting. The white brush is very soft. I still would say use common sense when using any tool. Use OP with fiber pad or cotton/MF rather than rotary if any in danger of being ripped...

Still, the drillbrush is super nice to use..

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom