Dry Carpet Cleaning

Does anyone else use dry carpet cleaning methods? We use a Host brush and various methods of dry cleaning.

BTW, hi we are new here.

Mikey P

Administrator
Thanks for chiming in..

You'll find LOTS of "dry" cleaners here.

OP, Host, Chem Dry, CRB, Cimex, plain ol' Bonnets, Nordic 1's you name it.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We on occasion will have a customer that prefers that method, so we will use it.
We have a machine and some compound around but I think we've only used it twice in the last 5-years.

We use the machine more for preconditioning Orientals. (rugs)

Nice website! GOT to love that negative marketing! :shock:

Are you sure the damage was a result of HWE?
It appears to me that it could have been water intrusion at the sliding glass doors?
wetcarpet2.jpg

"Cleaning Snow"? Give me a break!

Attachments

• wetcarpet2.jpg
    wetcarpet2.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 295

cleanex

We do a lot of dry cleaning in our commercial carpet maintenance division, bonnet, op, cimex

Greenie

Welcome Kim, I'm sure you'll have some fun and even learn a thing or two while here, we hope to learn something from you as well.

How did you stumble apon Mikey's Board?

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
by "dry" you mean vlm right? (very low moisture)

i do, lots do, most are multi-method'ers...they use vlm and hwe.

welcome --- Derek.

harryhides

Name
Tony
I agree with Richard, that it's pretty sad that you feel that you need to bash Steam Cleaning in order to get new customers.

I'd also be interested in knowing which Carpet manufacturers recommend snow cleaning as per your web-site :-

3) Cleaning Snow Worked into Carpet
The carpet cleaning snow is then worked into the carpet with our rotating brushes. The cleaning snow will attach itself to the dirt by absorbing it. Our rotating brushes fluff your carpet making it look new and feel super soft. This process and our rotating brushes are recommended by carpet manufacturers. We do not over wet your carpet like steam cleaning which can result in mold growth and increased allergy problems.

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
uh oh :lol:

but i do like your free demo for all resi prospects. i bet you get alot of work that way.

so with the Host machine, is it capture you're using? or is capture not white like that.

thanx --- Derek.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
back in the 80's my brother was always cleaning his nose with snow

GRHeacock

I used to call my cleaning the "Miracle Method".

My motto was- "If I get it clean, it's a Miracle!!"

Jus' funning witcha!!

Don't take it serious.

Gary

vincent

Name
Vincent Sapp
I use the cimex in a great deal of commercial.

Also Nordic 1 is not a dry cleaning system as Mikey P stated. He just jealous that the nordic 1 puts out just as much heat as the mighty Vortex, and costs about 75k less.

Greenie

easy now fellas, you can't help em if you run em off while theya re still ignorant, give her a chance.

hogjowl

Idiot™
Just a little inside information for our new guest. Don't bother to take HarryHides' comments personally. He tries talking down to everybody.

It used to work, until jimmy brought it to all our attention.

harryhides

Name
Tony
admiralclean said:
Just a little inside information for our new guest. Don't bother to take HarryHides' comments personally. He tries talking down to everybody.
It used to work, until jimmy brought it to all our attention.

Getting a little pissy here, aint you Pigmeister?

Marty is right about very little but I certainly would not anyone to take mine or anyone's comments personally. However, Marty does feel talked down to by pretty near everyone which is why he keeps his wife barefoot and in the kitchen.

Mike Brummett

O.K., you are not using your actual name in your post and you only use your first name in your profile.

I can understand why, because a big part of the marketing message on your web site is BAD-MOUTHING OTHER CLEANERS.

Specifically those who use Hot-Water Extraction (Steam).

Richard was too nice to post the caption that went with the photo he posted from your web site, but here it is:

"Mold & Mildew from Steam Cleaning
This picture shows mold and mildew under carpet that's only four years old. The owner of the house had the carpet steam cleaned each year by a local company. The carpet got to wet underneath and was never dried correctly. The owner had to replace all the carpeting in the house after this finding."

You are certainly free to participate here, but don't expect to get a warm welcome from all of us.
As an IICRC Certified Master Textile Cleaner, Certified Senior Carpet Inspector and Expert Witness in Water Damage Litigation, I have seen hundreds of your type over a 27 year career, that slam the "other method" as a means to line their own pockets.

If they cannot stand on THEIR OWN MERITS, they denigrate "the other guy" as a means to get the focus off of themselves.

So, even if the photo and caption are absolutely true, it is unethical to use it as a blanket generalization of ALL steam (HWE) cleaners.

You ARE aware that HWE is REQUIRED by many carpet manufacturers warranties, right? Not "recommended" -REQUIRED. Stainmaster and Shaw, just to name two that you might have heard of.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot -

WELCOME to Mikey'sboard!

MIKE

-JB-

Name
JB
Can't ya just feel the love?
love51.gif

Attachments

• love51.gif
    love51.gif
    1.3 KB · Views: 268