Drying Tile Floors

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
I have always used bonnets under both feet but i think it might be easier with a 18-24 " mop head. the flat style , either in cotton or microfiber. what are you guys drying with ?

gene

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
too many minerals in the water to let it air dry. it would leave a haze in the areas where it puddles.

gene

I will run some cotton bonnets if necessary but most of the time it's pretty dry. I do set up several fans when sealing afterwards and will leave for lunch etc to give it time to dry good.

I like the idea of the heavy duty dry mop head.

I used to run a 1.5 inch whip and ditched it because the suction is so much better running 2 inch all the way to the tool with a 1.5 inch reducer.

Bee Busy

Name
Bee Busy
like i said before...wipe by hand..air mover helps...not an airpath because those things blow papers everywhere...especially in kitchens...then dry buff with a white pad on a 175 RPM swing machine if it has to be perfect

boazcan

Name
Bryan C
GeneMiller said:
too many minerals in the water to let it air dry. it would leave a haze in the areas where it puddles.

gene

Water softener will help.

I have some cotton/microfiber bonnets that are worth a crap for encap that I put throughout the jobsite while running the tool. I always have one under my foot to wipe up puddles, run against/along baseboards, and dry thresholds. I always drag one or two along for the ride.

Don't put the airpath by the fridge...... :mrgreen:

boazcan

Name
Bryan C
GeneMiller said:

gene

Water softener will help.

I have some cotton/microfiber bonnets that are worth a crap for encap that I put throughout the jobsite while running the tool. I always have one under my foot to wipe up puddles, run against/along baseboards, and dry thresholds. I always drag one or two along for the ride.

Don't put the airpath by the fridge...... :mrgreen:

kingjoelking

Supportive Member
24" microfiber mop head. For the most part I am not trying to mop up all the water just push it around so that it air dry's in minutes. I will also carry a rag in my pocket for the "puddles", But most jobs dont need me to use the rag.

Fred H

I have a pmf hard surface wand with a brush on one side and a squeegee on the other it is plumbed with low pressure valve and hose so I only use it to dry vac tile floors the majority of my tile work is in restaurants where tables chairs etc have to be moved back onto clean tile. I do not want to wait.
by the way it needs a new squeegee anybody know where to get one?

Fred H

ACE said:
Nothing, it's dry in 2 min. Tell your bd customers to turn on the AC.
what tools you workin' with ace?
also could you take the time to properly fill out your profile without the bs? Is that anyway for an IICRC certified master textile cleaner to present himself?

Bee Busy

Name
Bee Busy
geezz..like i said before... throw on the san francisco tennis shoes and wipe with terry towels then throw an airmover on it....not brain surgery for u lazy asses that r too good to get on yer hands and kees...unbelieveable

Kipp

Name
kip
Quick "tight mop" did the trick most of the time, wasn't worth dragging air movers out for tile

Faraday

The products people have mentioned here about drying the floors are good for use. Floor drying is some times an annoying work to do, but with the help of these products floor cleaning can be no big issue.

Back
Top Bottom