Dual Wanding Tile & Grout

boazcan

Name
Bryan C
For those of you that have tried to or do on occasion, have you ever measured the actual pressure that you experience on each tool when you dual on tile?

We have recently tried this more often after only using on very large jobs where we would normally machine scrub it. On residential, we rarely scrub by hand or machine. This is affecting the quality because our pressure is dropping so much when both tools are in use.

Before I buy two separate pressure gauges to do my own testing, I am curious what any one else has found in dual wanding tile.

I have a 5cp3120 - 4.5 gpm. Can I do something different (other than replace the pump) to reduce to drop in pressure? We are usually around 1200 psi at the truck, giving us around 1000 at the wand based on 200 ft of live solution reel. I bumped to 1400 when dualling, but guess that we drop to 700ish when both are running.

Last edited:

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
Maybe this is a good use for a Water Hog that you hook up at the site. In addition to use for more effective dual wanding, you have an emergency use pump if your Cat pukes. I can't tell you how much my stress level has been reduced since I started carrying (and using) my Air Hog and Water Box, to back up my 9000 hour TM.

mirf

Supportive Member
Name
David Mirfin
I would think that the pre scrubbing and the single wand would be most effective. Have you tried the larger tile tool?

boazcan

Name
Bryan C
I would think that the pre scrubbing and the single wand would be most effective. Have you tried the larger tile tool?

Most of the time, I would agree. With the correct pressure and heat, we rarely have to scrub. Larger tool is the on the way. I would like to be able to price some of these larger jobs a little lower but have to decrease truck running time to justify.

K

KP

The simplest way to finding out if you are maxed at the pump would be to downsize the jets,this might get you where you want as well.I doubt 2 seperate regulators would solve it either, although a good idea, seeing how when one of you stops the trigger the other might be blowing out Mrs Jones's grout.I have gone back and forth with the scrub or no scrub,always go back to scrubing some first.

Weebco

Name
Gary Wiebe
When cleaning tile and grout I never got the pressure I'm wanted from my truck mount so I used a pressure washer with the pressure washer hose and got tremendous pressure that I needed to clean what I thought was the best pressure. Everybody was always very happy.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Gary did you use a hot or cold washer and do you remember what psi? My only concern and maybe an unfounded concern would be for potential damage due to the higher pressure. ???

Weebco

Name
Gary Wiebe
I used a dedicated 3000 PSI pressure washer but I hooked my solution line up to My heat exchanged truckmounted unit but that heat did not keep up with the pressure that's for sure but always pre-scrub my grout lines after mopping down the solution first. Also Pre-examined the grout for structural soundness or holes then pointed that out to the customer first.

Weebco

Name
Gary Wiebe
The Coldwater was sufficient but there were times when I wished I had the heat as well because it would've made it more efficient I believe. If I had more heat then I don't think I would need as much pressure.

Weebco

Name
Gary Wiebe
I was afraid of blowing out grout but that's the exciting part of this business taking risks and not always going with the flow of what other people or the professionals so-called say.

Weebco

Name
Gary Wiebe
And one of the drawbacks I didn't and don't like is having to throw in that pressure washer with pressure washer hoses hooking up the pressure washer to another waterline and so forth

clean image

Name
Carl Maddock
If your running 1/4 hose, with 200 ft, your closer to a 400 psi drop
So going 3/8 with 1/4 lead would help

Just because your cats rated 4.5 doesn't mean it geared such
Measure your pulleys and max rpm of cat will answer that
Raise machine rpm will give you more flow

You can also check your regulator to see how much its bypassing. Some require 5-10%. So 2 regulators would not help

We run a 3500/ 5.5 gallon pump with 3000psi heat exchangers

clean image

Name
Carl Maddock
Oh yea, a bigger tool, boom will require more pressure to maintain same speed
That's why the big ones have 3 booms

Depending on soil conditions, with the old turbo, you can adjust the tips, for more speed or more impact, or a combination.
New ones are welding non adjust

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom