Dual Wanding w/ 2 TM's & 1 Truck

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
Is Harper the only one that has a truck with 2 TM's?

I haven't seen much else on here about it.

For the price of some "garage" TM's like Mikey said in the past, I could see 2 C4's or 2 Dominators in a 3500 Sprinter or box, with independent propane heaters, and waste tanks. They wouldn't always have to be used at the same time on every job, but when running 2-3 techs a van, they would be able to do twice as many jobs per day than a single operator. Some companies that do late night commercial sometimes have one account with 3-5 facilities, that would typically take 3-5 straight days out of the month for that account (if done monthly), with the above setup that could be cut down to half if not a third.

What would be the Pros & Cons of a setup like that?

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Bill,

This could be a very interesting thread..

You are correct on all of your assumptions...There are NO, significant CON's..!

I would be happy to tell the members of our experience with this experiment...

Here is a pic of our unit...

HarperCarpetCleaning0102.jpg

Ps. We are currently looking to add another dual TM..to our company...My son wants to build another unit using a Isuzu HD.."4 door truck"... :shock:

joe harper

Name
joe harper
ascrubabove said:
The 4 door would be awsome!
That is what he wants...The techs would have their own seating area... 8)
Plus..he wants to have the cab customized ..as a small office..Joey can sit in the
truck and do a necessary paperwork & answer the phones in privacy... !gotcha!

My concern is ...IT will be a HUGE truck... :roll:

Of course..A custom box would be built...

2011_landscape_loaded_sm.jpg

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
HARPER said:
Bill,

This could be a very interesting thread..

You are correct on all of your assumptions...There are NO, significant CON's..!

I would be happy to tell the members of our experience with this experiment...

Here is a pic of our unit...

HarperCarpetCleaning0102.jpg

Ps. We are currently looking to add another dual TM..to our company...My son wants to build another unit using a Isuzu HD.."4 door truck"... :shock:

I would like to hear more about it, both about your current setup and possibly the future truck.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Probably the best testimonial to the concept of the set-up is.....my son "Joey" chooses
to only use this TRUCK..! He lets the other crew take the NEW Isuzu with the Everest HP.

The only "CON " that I can possibly think of is ..the extra weight & a little more fuel...!

Here is a Few of the .."PRO'S...

1. It is a "TRUE"...dual wand ...TM
2. Production TIMES..are scary
3. You can MATCH the equipment to the job..EVERYTIME
4. The Men never get tired.."3" guys are always giving each other breaks
5. Great quality control & customer service with an OWNER always on the job
6. One unit can be cleaning tile @ 1000 psi..while the other unit is cleaning upholstery
7. The time savings allows us the ability to add 2 or 3 extra jobs a day..And still be on time.
8. The HOURS on the units are units are literally CUT in 1/2.
9. The LABOR COST..actually go down due to the time savings of two units operating
10. If one unit has a mechanical failure...you are STILL able to finish the JOB.

I can go on & on...!!!!!

ps...With so many USED units on the market.."CHEAP" You can own 2 units for the price of
one NEW unit... !gotcha! You always have your "BACK-UP" truck with you... :idea: A backup
van sitting on the YARD is costing you $$$$$ everyday.. :x we all know the worst enemy of
any TM is to sit IDLE...They need to RUN...!!!!

pss..There are a LOT of great minds on this BOARD...If you feel there are any "CON'S" that
you can SEE, Please list them...!!! We can discuss your IDEAS... 8)

I have been leaning towards something like that. We currently do quite a bit of large empty homes that are perfect for dual wanding. My machine handles them perfect. It does better on nylon than poly carpet. The problem is not having enough water on board.

The notion that you can do twice as many jobs really depends on the people running the wands. In reality you are going to get one extra good job in unless you have three people on the truck. It takes the same amount of time to get from job to job, inspect it, and set up. It takes us an average of two hours to clean an empty, but when dual wanding we can shave about 45 minutes off.

When I save up enough money, I am going to either get a box truck like Jim's or get an extended cargo with the biggest motor they make (6.0). I think the cargo will be more beneficial. I will install the Everest in the cargo and get a new macjhine for a trailer. I could install my legend with propane post heat in a trailer with no freshwater tank. That makes more sense to me. I can carry more tools in the trailer and drop it off if needed. If we are doing tile and carpet, we will have two machines. The Legend is good, but it needs more heat. The suction is great.

Harper if you have three guys on the truck do you pay each 10 percent?

My guy gets 15 percent when we work together and 25 percent when he goes solo but he rarely does that. I am going to get another guy soon and he will get 10 percent and Brandon will get 20 percent. I still want to work with Brandon. THe other guy will pass out marketing materials, clean the trucks, stock chems, and help out on bigger jobs. Pretty soon I am going to need a new truck.

With my viewpoint of the extended cargo and two freshwater tanks for 130 gallons, you have dual wand performance (the EVEREST does just fine imo), plenty of water, and if the truck has a big enough motor you can pull a small trailer with more equipment when neccessary. Plus a cargo is easier to get around in. That makes more sense to me than having two trucks in one machine. You still have insurance and upkeep on one truck as well.

Now if I did more commercial or a lot of restaurants then two machines in one truck would probably be better.

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
The box truck with 2 machines would still have enough room left so you can stock other equipment and possibly stand up in, which you won't have with an ext cargo van.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
tmdry said:
The box truck with 2 machines would still have enough room left so you can stock other equipment and possibly stand up in, which you won't have with an ext cargo van.

Daniel, is a daydreamer... :p :mrgreen:

Bill, your have a very good grasp of the concept..We carry a lot of equipment.

S4011077.jpg

S4011076.jpg

251.jpg

Both units have APO's, and independent Electric hose reels, and live hose reels..200 gal
freshy tank and a 35 gal metering tank for emergency water..

I am heading to dinner...I will see where this has gone when....I return.. :!:

joe harper

Name
joe harper
danielc said:
Harper if you have three guys on the truck do you pay each 10 percent?

My guy gets 15 percent when we work together and 25 percent when he goes solo but he rarely does that. I am going to get another guy soon and he will get 10 percent and Brandon will get 20 percent. I still want to work with Brandon. THe other guy will pass out marketing materials, clean the trucks, stock chems, and help out on bigger jobs. Pretty soon I am going to need a new truck.

With my viewpoint of the extended cargo and two freshwater tanks for 130 gallons, you have dual wand performance (the EVEREST does just fine imo), plenty of water, and if the truck has a big enough motor you can pull a small trailer with more equipment when neccessary. Plus a cargo is easier to get around in. That makes more sense to me than having two trucks in one machine. You still have insurance and upkeep on one truck as well.

Now if I did more commercial or a lot of restaurants then two machines in one truck would probably be better.

As I have told you BEFORE...The Everest is TO BIG for a Van.. :roll:
Yo had better check you GVW...if you are planning 2 Freshy tanks... :shock:

You will EAT fuel...plus you canNOT balance that load...You eat up tires & suspension parts...

THERE IS NOT ENOUGH ROOM...... :!:
The little "NPR ISUZU'S...pull the load with NO problem... !gotcha!

joe harper

Name
joe harper
danielc said:
That does it.

I'm on the lookout for a truck like Jim's.

I want to be in the club.

If you had any "JACK"...i would sell you that one... :idea:

With or with out the units... 8)

Your EVEREST & your Legend...WOULD PERFECT.... :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea:
Remeber I want to build a NEW unit... :!: just slide them IN..a fuel taps ,shelving, &
water tanks can STAY...

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Mr Harper- Do I see a gardenhose on the vachose reel? Do you guys store it up there and everytime you set up for the job you just pull the first set of vac hose down with the gardenhose?

This may be a good space saver for me to get rid of a garden hose reel....

Yes I go through about 200 per week in fuel.

So a one ton with 6.0L would not work well? I think it would. A guy here has a 10 cylinder diesel ford cargo van with a 405. My problem is my engine is smaller than 5.0. I hate it. As for brakes and suspension stuff, I put my truck in the shop last week. My brakes have 10 months on them and they still have 50 percent left. It is nice to have a great mechanic by the way. This guy charges me 24 dollars to change my oil, grease my fittings, and check everything out. I am going to have him install some platinum spark plugs soon.

The box trucks look nice. What should I look for? I see a lot of higher mileage trucks for sale. Should these be avoided?

The only reason I say this is because Harper's billboard looks good. I could use something like that. There are tons of cargo trucks on the road. I have found it is good to be different.

I have plenty of cash, but your Issuzu doesn't do it for me like Jim's 4500. I can always change my mind though. I like to think about things real good before making a decision.

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
There are a few options: Isuzu, Sprinter, 4500 Boxes that I can think of the top of my head. They all come or can have a custom box.

I've driven the smaller NPR's 2 doors, and the turning radius is killer, way better than my cargo van, no comparison.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Zalan Szabo (zee) said:
Mr Harper- Do I see a gardenhose on the vachose reel? Do you guys store it up there and everytime you set up for the job you just pull the first set of vac hose down with the gardenhose?

This may be a good space saver for me to get rid of a garden hose reel....

Yes....
It eliminated an extra solution reel on the floor... !gotcha!

joe harper

Name
joe harper
danielc said:
Yes I go through about 200 per week in fuel.

So a one ton with 6.0L would not work well? I think it would. A guy here has a 10 cylinder diesel ford cargo van with a 405. My problem is my engine is smaller than 5.0. I hate it. As for brakes and suspension stuff, I put my truck in the shop last week. My brakes have 10 months on them and they still have 50 percent left. It is nice to have a great mechanic by the way. This guy charges me 24 dollars to change my oil, grease my fittings, and check everything out. I am going to have him install some platinum spark plugs soon.

The box trucks look nice. What should I look for? I see a lot of higher mileage trucks for sale. Should these be avoided?

The only reason I say this is because Harper's billboard looks good. I could use something like that. There are tons of cargo trucks on the road. I have found it is good to be different.

I have plenty of cash, but your Issuzu doesn't do it for me like Jim's 4500. I can always change my mind though. I like to think about things real good before making a decision.

dan... The Isuzu .....IS...the 4500-... :shock:

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
Harper,

Here's the picture in larger format you posted.

2011_landscape_loaded.jpg

They sure look nice.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Doug Cox said:
One con I can think of is if you have to enter a facility from different points.

True Doug...we are fortunate enough to have other units...in those cases...

You still would need two van ...even if you did't have dual TM"s...

G

George V

Harper,

I think Jeff Foxworthy has a new joke thanks to you.

"If ya put two truckmount on a single truck, YOU MIGHT BE A REDNECK"

joe harper

Name
joe harper
George V said:
Harper,

I think Jeff Foxworthy has a new joke thanks to you.

"If ya put two truckmount on a single truck, YOU MIGHT BE A REDNECK"

If you buy a VorTeX.....Sooner or LaTer...."You will need a KOTEX..!!!"...... :lol: :lol:

G

George V

come on Harper!!!

Admit it!

You got the idea from the redneck mower didn't you?

redneck-lawn-mowing.jpg

Or, was it the redneck camper?

12015.jpg

Tell the truth.. YOu almost went with this wrap.

joeharp.jpg

Before deciding on this one.

251.jpg

All this time i thought you actually owned a Vortex. You mean to tell me your another one of them Vortex impersonators?

shiteatinggrin

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom