Dual Wanding w/ 2 TM's & 1 Truck

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
Efficiency

It's not about how big your TM is or how much you can clean a fiber. That's not the point that I started this thread.

There are many companies using 2 or more trucks on a job either commercial or residential daily, weekly, or monthly, sometimes everyday sometimes not. Some of these companies can be doing more work in less time, still have time off or get more work in that month if needed.

As mentioned in the other thread, with the right setup, you can reduce maintenance on the TM's, since they're also not going to be always be runned at the same time, but you have the capability of running both, or if one breaks you have the reserve. The box truck would not only carry the machinery but have left over space, for any other tools needed.

Let's not start an electric vs gas debate.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Let me give you guys a little history how this unit came into existence...

We ran Butler units for over 20 years..."great units"
I was looking for a "back-up" unit ...I found a cleaner in Spring Hill fl. that was retiring.
He had a 1992 Prochem 405...&...a Ford van. I was able to purchase the unit @ a really
good price.

After I spent about a month...refurbishing the TM & the van. We put it in service.
I noticed that the crews were fighting of WHO got to run the 405.! the Heat & power was much better than the Butlers. :shock:

We were so impressed in the performance of the "slide-in"...that we decided to purchase
a Prochem 650 HP and put it into a box truck. This new truck was unbelievable in it's ability
to clean & fast dry-times...!

There was such a difference..that our client's were demanding the "Big Truck"...they NO
longer wanted us to send a "van" to their homes... :shock: So....I started to look for another
used box truck..!

I found this box truck in Utah..."I loved the box design"..So I made a deal, to trade one of our Butler's + some Cash..!
The Utah unit was a 2003 Isuzu with a Prochem 805..We operated that Unit for 6 month's..!

Our business continued to grow & we were still having an issue..with our client's ..NOT
wanting a van..! So our 405 in the ford van, was just sitting in the yard.. :cry: So we added
the "third "employee to the box trucks..to keep up our production.... !gotcha!

Later that year we added wood & laminate floor polishing to our services..! So the 405 in the Ford van was just taking up space..! So rather than have that "back-up" unit just sit...! I
decided to install the 405 into the 2003 Isuzu with the PC 805..resulting in the "TWO" TM's in
one box truck.. :idea:

I wasn't trying to be a "BIG SHOT"..or a innovative TM designer..:roll: It was just a practical
idea to utilize all the equipment to it's capacity..! We were experiencing a couple of "glitches"
with the PC 805..&.. It made sense to have the PC 405 on board for a "back-up" to avoid any
interruption in production, if the PC 805 had a failure. :!:

So the initial purpose for the TWO units was just as a "back-up" if the PC 805 did NOT "pan-
out".."remember it was bought USED"..so I didn't have a lot of confidence in it's reliability..!
I soon noticed that the men were starting to run about 2 hours ahead after their 2nd job .."EVERYDAY".. :x

I got on my sons ASS...and told him he had BETTER slow down... :x he informed me that
they were NOT rushing the jobs.. :!: "THEY WERE RUNNING BOTH TM's"... :idea: :idea: :idea:
So there, you ...."fInAllY"....have the TRUE story of the way this unit was BORN...!!!!!
It was "strictly" out of ADDAPTING to the flow on the business growth, & giving our client's
what they wanted.... :mrgreen:

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
Harper said:
I got on my sons ASS...and told him he had BETTER slow down... he informed me that
they were NOT rushing the jobs.. "THEY WERE RUNNING BOTH TM's"...
So there, you ...."fInAllY"....have the TRUE story of the way this unit was BORN...!!!!!
It was "strictly" out of ADDAPTING to the flow on the business growth, & giving our client's
what they wanted....
I'm sure that is exactly how that happened, discovering how your production skyrockets when 2 technicians run dual wands.

We do it every day, but with a single slide-in, re-designed to run 2 wands with plenty of everything - heat, suction, pressure/flow (1 -2" wand at #8 flow, and a 1.5" wand at #6 flow).

I'll bet if you tried something like that, you'd see no need for 2 separate machines running.

I am really surprised that there are so few cleaners utilizing dual wands when cleaning.

I am sold on dual wand cleaning. I almost never wanted to do it thinking jobs would be faster with one person cleaning while the other moved stuff and tabbed furniture. WRONG!!!! We can do a job twice as fast with no loss in performance. All we do is tab everything first then get down to business.

We knocked out five nice size jobs today and dual wanded four of them. We dual wanded a good size two story home in the am, single wanded a church office, dual wanded a hood rental (I should have passed on that job), drove clear across the county to clean a nice upscale apartment which I cleaned the upholstery while my tech cleaned all the carpet, and finished up on a nasty pet job (four rooms and stairs). We were going to single wand the last job, but when the first room took over thirty minutes to clean, I grabbed another hose and finished the two rooms downstairs.

There is no loss in performance. It would have taken me all day to do just the three jobs. I will never go back to single wanding. We will dual wand about 80 percent of our jobs from now on. Plus Mrs. Piff says wow two guys cleaning at the same time. Trust me she knows you are different when you crank that machine up and start steaming away with two tools.

People running single wand machines need to seriously consider upgrading if you want to earn more in the same time.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
:roll:

If you had two trucks, you could have split the work and been done in half the time.

How hard is this to understand?

It's called dual wanding from across town...we've been over this.

Again I say...

Hellure?

The Corkster said:
:roll:

If you had two trucks, you could have split the work and been done in half the time.

How hard is this to understand?

Again I say...

Hellure?

Are you retarded?

Twice the insurance, twice the gas, twice the brakes and tires, twice the truck mounts, and the jobs solo would have taken just as long or longer.

My net would go down dramatically.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Half the truck each, half the insurance each etc etc

We're talking boxtrucks here...not dual wanding from a TM in a van.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Bob Savage said:
Harper said:
I got on my sons ASS...and told him he had BETTER slow down... he informed me that
they were NOT rushing the jobs.. "THEY WERE RUNNING BOTH TM's"...
what they wanted....
I'm sure that is exactly how that happened, discovering how your production skyrockets when 2 technicians run dual wands.

We do it every day, but with a single slide-in, re-designed to run 2 wands with plenty of everything - heat, suction, pressure/flow (1 -2" wand at #8 flow, and a 1.5" wand at #6 flow).

I'll bet if you tried something like that, you'd see no need for 2 separate machines running.

I am really surprised that there are so few cleaners utilizing dual wands when cleaning.

Bob,
You DO realize that "BOTH" the units in this truck are "dual wand" TM'S..."right"..?
One is a PC 805 & the other is a PC 405... :!: We are Capible of running FOUR 2 inch wands..!

We have 3 tm's in the fleet......"In addition to the DUAL TM unit."......

01-04-09_1608-1.jpg

251.jpg

and ..YES...Corky...You are rEtArDeD...but worst of all you are..Incompetent... :cry:

Harper I know several cleaners with performer 405's and hear they will not dual wand.

What do I need to know incase I come accross a deal on one?

The 805 is a real tripple wand machine but weighs over a ton.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
danielc said:
Harper I know several cleaners with performer 405's and hear they will not dual wand.

What do I need to know incase I come accross a deal on one?

The 805 is a real tripple wand machine but weighs over a ton.

Dan,

The PC 405 has basically the SAME componients as your EVEREST... thathurts
So...I guess your Everest "won't" DuAl either... :shock:

The 405 is PIMPED...2.5 coming off the tank....plus we can boost the "rpm's"... !gotcha!

Unless you everest is a "650"...there is NO differance... :?:

joe harper

Name
joe harper
The Corkster said:
6]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XUg5cfwilI6]

Wrong again ...MarY... :roll:

I am a SILVER BACK... :evil: ......."STAY OUT OF MY JUNGLE"...you little cHimP........ :idea:

male_silverback_gorilla.jpg

I can't wait to see what this baby will do when I switch to dual 2.5 hose off the tank.

As of now I am really happy.

It's a money maker for sure.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
danielc said:
I can't wait to see what this baby will do when I switch to dual 2.5 hose off the tank.

As of now I am really happy.

It's a money maker for sure.

Just ..remove your filter in the filter box..and do this... :!:

BLfilterbox251-1.jpg

I don't have a filter box.

I am stuck with the inline filters.

I do have a basket in the tank, but I removed it.

I either use the inline or go filterless and filter when I dump.

I want a filer box like that.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
danielc said:
And I need one of those dual 2.5 inch ports.

Where can I find one?

GREENIE....!!!

Or..your can get his SS mod...and put it on your Waste TanK... :!:

Just go to a "muffler shop"...and have them "bend" some SS 2.5 tubing...CheAP... :idea:

Ps.. call Les or John Olsin...they can hook you up with "Greenie's" mod... 8)

PPS...if that doesn't work.? CALL MaRy..."HE KNOWS EvERThINg..." :roll: :roll:

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Hey ..Ron Beatty... :idea:

"Will you please come over to this trhead ...&...tell Brian to SHUT-UP... :!:

Thanks Harper.. :!:

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
HARPER said:
Let me give you guys a little history how this unit came into existence...

The mother of invention, the light comes on and you just start using what's available and then you realize you're onto something. Then you wonder why you didn't think of it before.

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
Harper,

What is the standing height of your box in the dual tm setup?

joe harper

Name
joe harper
tmdry said:
Harper,

Bill,
I can go pull a tape on it if you wish....
But I am 6'1" and I can stand up in it...almost..so probably in is 6'.... :idea:

The box design gives the "illusion" that it is shorter...but that is because the steps
drop "below" the actual floor... !gotcha!

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
HARPER said:
tmdry said:
Harper,

Bill,
I can go pull a tape on it if you wish....
But I am 6'1" and I can stand up in it...almost..so probably in is 6'.... :idea:

The box design gives the "illusion" that it is shorter...but that is because the steps
drop "below" the actual floor... !gotcha!

Ok cool, I'm 6'5.

Would you still be able to put both TM's in your other box? That's a 16 ft correct?

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Bill.

The DUAL TM'S are in a 16' box..

I would NOT be Not put TWO tm's in the other box..It is only a 12'6" box...

BTW...I am NOT reccomending that ANYONE..put two TM's..in a BOX.... :!:

I am just answering the INITIAL poster... !gotcha!

However...in this day & age.."Considering the price of GOOD used Equipment out there"

Why ..NOT...?????

If you can build a unit "like this" for under 40K..."Why pay 30K for just a new TM...?"

ronbeatty

Name
Ron Beatty
Harper, I already told Brian to SHUT UP. he doesn't operate a carpet cleaning company because he couldn't operate it PROFITABLY. He comes here and tries to tell people who have actually been OPERATING PROFITABLE companies for decades, that he knows more than we do. Then accuses us of trying to deceive the people who read the threads. I think a good strategy would be to ignore the dork. !dork! !dork! !dork! !dork! !dork! !dork! !dork!
DSC_0188-1.jpg

joe harper

Name
joe harper
ronbeatty said:
Harper, I already told Brian to SHUT UP. he doesn't operate a carpet cleaning company because he couldn't operate it PROFITABLY. He comes here and tries to tell people who have actually been OPERATING PROFITABLE companies for decades and tells people we are trying to deceive them. I think a good strategy would be to ignore the dork. !dork! !dork! !dork! !dork! !dork! !dork! !dork!
DSC_0188-1.jpg

Ron,

There is NOT a doubt in my mind who has the BEST looking truck's on this Board... !gotcha!

NOT because they are "BIG TRUCK'S".... :!:

Your equipment is ALWAYS "spit-shined" and maintained to perfection... 8)
The image you "project" is 1st class in every way....from the Wrap's to the simple "detail"
of rolling the hose up properly...FIRST CLASS... :!:

I think we can both admit that our equipment choices are not purchased for a EGO boost....!
We "INVEST"...in the tools that are REQUIRED..to service our customers BEST... :!:

I don't care if you are running a "Porty" in a 1985 van... :!: You can keep it CLEAN & in
peak operating condition.. :idea: : "EVERY TOOL HAS ITS PLACE" You should keep them
in their designate positions... :!: I like thing's to be ORGANIZED... :idea:

ronbeatty

Name
Ron Beatty
Harper, Thanks for the kind words. I have always worked hard at presenting a professional image with our vehicles and staff. Here are some pics of a 06 Butler cube, I would post pictures of our older vans, but am experiencing technical difficulties downloading them off of older camera cards. :oops:
NewTruck003-1.jpg
100B0620.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom