Dual wanding with the Everest

Mikey P

Administrator
a 50 of 2.5 to the Dev Filter, split to two 2"s of 50'.

Screaming heat and great suck..

until the other guy lifted the wand....

Next they'll try the 2.5/Dev/2" by itself and use the two 2" ports Y'd to another run of 2's. No filter on the full 2" run.

y.jpg

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
could you make a 2" whip with a 2" ball valve? So if 1 guy is prespraying or on wee's break it doesn't affect the other?

Just an idea maybe not practical in practice

Name
Jeff T
Where’d it go?
If you look at the pic in Mikes first post, he had a custom intake made for it. Where you see the dual 2”, and single 2.5”, that’s where the drop basket was. His reasoning is, he uses a Dev filter, so there was no point on keeping the stock basket box. THATS WHY.....

Reactions: BIG WOOD
Name
Jeff T
a 50 of 2.5 to the Dev Filter, split to two 2"s of 50'.

Screaming heat and great suck..

until the other guy lifted the wand....

Next they'll try the 2.5/Dev/2" by itself and use the two 2" ports Y'd to another run of 2's. No filter on the full 2" run.

View attachment 81537
Or, when a guy lifts his wand for any length of time, pull the rag out of his back pocket, and cover the intake slots of his wand head. Simple solution, to a simple problem.....

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
If you look at the pic in Mikes first post, he had a custom intake made for it. Where you see the dual 2”, and single 2.5”, that’s where the drop basket was. His reasoning is, he uses a Dev filter, so there was no point on keeping the stock basket box. THATS WHY.....
I think that's gonna be a regret after several months. When the devastator gets full in the middle of a big job, he's not gonna have anything to fall back on. With a basket behind the inline filter, he can just disconnect the dev, and get back to work and have the basket in there as backup. Now he'll have to replace the paint filter in the middle of a job

sassyotto

Name
Paul
I think that's gonna be a regret after several months. When the devastator gets full in the middle of a big job, he's not gonna have anything to fall back on. With a basket behind the inline filter, he can just disconnect the dev, and get back to work and have the basket in there as backup. Now he'll have to replace the paint filter in the middle of a job
I carry extra paint strainers on the truck in case I have to switch them out either between jobs or on a huge job. I don't know what the big deal is - just takes a minute.

No waste tank basket here either.

Magic One

I agree with Matt. You cant' convince me that a garage built filter is better than a Engineered tank filter. Do a demo. run liquids thu a paint filtered and see how slow it drains. 2 mins. X 52 weeks DOWNTIME

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I'm OCD on cutting time on the job. You can call me a hack, but that's why I don't run yard toothpicks, corner guards, etc. I'm just more careful than a dumb operator who likes to whip hoses everywhere. Time is money. I hate having to put down a wand for something as stupid as changing a paint filter. I own both devastators, the blue one and the silver one. They're made really well, and are sealed better than any other filter. They also catch Everything, literally, which fills up faster than a big basket in the tank, which can make suction get lower than desired. I've been a big fan of the devastator, and I feel it has a purpose. Especially for you, Mike, since you no longer have a basket. But if you've got a good basket in the tank... I've found out I don't need an inline filter

Andy

Name
Doesn't Matter
Matt:
You are an idiot
I agree Marty. Even the tank basket will get clogged with lint and carpet fuzz and Pet hair. Then what is going to save time shutting down the machine so that you can clean out the lint basket by climbing into the middle of your or pulling off vacuum hose pulling out the paint filter and putting in another one.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I agree Marty. Even the tank basket will get clogged with lint and carpet fuzz and Pet hair. Then what is going to save time shutting down the machine so that you can clean out the lint basket by climbing into the middle of your or pulling off vacuum hose pulling out the paint filter and putting in another one.
Go one day without your inline filter, and one day with it, then tell me what day gave you the most suction through the whole job every job.

Mikey P

Administrator
The saving grace is that the Everest waste tank has a very sloped bottom, designed to actually drain out 100%, if'n were to need to go filter-less. With the dual door design, ti's a piece of cake to rinse it out.

Reactions: BIG WOOD
Back
Top Bottom