DuraFlow APO problems

Kevin B

Name
Kevin Bunce
So, last couple of jobs I have done with my new maxx. I have been having problems with the APO kicking on when the machine is under 11"HG of load or more....since that is basically what it runs at when your cleaning. My machine keeps kicking off when full, and its very annoying. I clean the waste tank often, and we just did it the other day it seems perfectly fine. Is there some way to clean the pump out...say maybe it has a piece of paper or plastic item stuck in there blocking it? is that even possible?

I'm new to this APO so I didn't want to just tear it apart first.

Glynn

The waste level needs to be up to the top switch level for it to kick in and after that it will switch off once the level has reached the bottom switch. It wont just pump when you switch it on, it's controlled by level tank switches. The duraflow will pump most solids associated with carpet cleaning, if you think its blocked up, release the two latching levers on the pump, and pull off the pump. Turn upside down and remove the set screws on the bottom cover, this will reveal the impellor, and clean out.
Its a simple 5 min job.

Kevin B

Name
Kevin Bunce
I completely understand that it is controlled by floats. When it is turning, it won't over come the pressure of the vacuum. I think it has a blockage of some sort.

R

R W

If it's any thing like my Genesis pumpout, which is a Jabsco belt drive, you have to replace the impellers occasionally, and you can't run the pump out with out a water supply to keep it primed. When I do WD jobs, I have to have a water hookup to run the Pumpout, or it will not pump, and it will burn up the nitrile impeller.

The Preacher

My Predator has the same problem. too much vac for the pumpout to over come if its not primed first, and foam is a real PITA!!!

R

R W

Keven....is it an impeller driven pumpout, or diaphram?? You can not let the impeller driven pump run with out a prime. It will burn up even a new impeller.

RichardnTn

Your pump out should have a check valve near where it exits the front of the machine. Make sure that there is no debris in the valve. If there is, it will hold the "system" open actually creating a vacuum at the end of the pumpout hose. Too, Do not run you Hg. above suggested limit if your having a problem. It makes good sense to filter your waste water somehow before it gets to the PO.
On Duane's machines, there are a couple of things to keep in mind...1. Try to keep the pumpout as low as or lower than the wastetank 2. Keep the check valve clean(best to have one that has a rubber to metal seal than metal to metal) 3. Run the hg. at a reasonable rate..(I run 14 hg and have no problems with drying times) This is not suggested by Duane but it did it...I reduced the rpm's of my pump out by running 4" pulleys on both engine and pumpout. That cut the RPM's in half (optimum according to similiar pumps is 3470 rpms) I have not had a problem with ssuds or foam in 2 months. Anyway, sorry to ramble, Richard R

Kevin B

Name
Kevin Bunce
The thing is guys, it would hold the pumpout perfectly fine until the last few days. I could be at full 14" load and it would pump like nothing was slowing it down. The pump is electric, external mount, float operated pump. If it turns on, its because it has water to pump.

Kevin B

Name
Kevin Bunce
RichardnTn said:
Kevin, could it be a defective float switch...or short ? Just guessing now...Richard

Well, it kicks on and off just fine, its just the pump won't overcome the vacuum...even at 10-11HG". I'm going to take it apart. Did a large commercial job last night and it was a PITA!

R

R W

As Richard says.....there has to be a backflow check valve in the plumbing somewhere. I can't understand.....the intake for the pumpout has to be below the water level in the tank.....that should keep it out of the vacuum effect.???? When I had the same problem with my Genesis PO, it was a worn impeller that couldn't pump fast enough to keep up.

Kevin B

Name
Kevin Bunce
The entire tank will be under negative pressure, regardless of where the exit is. Sigh...time to pull it apart.

R

R W

Oh...OH........one more thing.....I ran my waste hose through a hose reel, and I did have a clog inside the reel at one time. I haven't used the reel for a year now, and no clogs....

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom