During this season of family and Thanksgiving

F

FB7777

who are you most thankful for crossing paths early in your career?

For me it was Bill Bane ... say what you will about their equipment, their business training was top shelf for its day

Traveling out to Indy in 1990 for a 3 day management class, touring the operation and meeting crew members was exciting and revealed a different side of scale from the local guys

This was their peak, over 10 trucks and a large supply division with a great family story of all working together to grow from one single janitorial account the son acquired

Bill Yeadon was with them back then spoke about marketing during the classes

I found myself reflecting on that trip when I was sitting in a JonDon Sales class with my son and big Billy Yeadon was teaching 27 years later

My current go to guy is Jim Pemberton... another long standing family run operation

And of course Mikey... when I REALY screw up something :biggrin:

Happy Thanksgiving one and all! Enjoy your families!

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
In the 15 years that I have been in this industry..there have been so many that I could never single anyone out...during the time I have been involved with the boards and other aspects of this industry.....I have met and made some great lifetime friends....and that's what is important..everything else is just carpet cleaning........

Hope everyone has a Great Thanksgiving...

Name
Steve Lawrence
Most thankful every day for discovering Vernon Howard and New Life Foundation. Totally unrelated to carpet cleaning.

Reactions: FB7777

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Ed York, Lloyd Weaver, Cliff Zlotnik, Lee Pemberton, Pete Consigli, Murray Cramer.

Many more, the list could go on and on as time has allowed me to meet and be influenced by a lot of great individuals.

Wish you all a Happy Thanksgiving! Hope you all get a break and can spend some time with those you love.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Lee Pemberton
then shortly after, a man that was fortunate to have Lee as a full time/life time mentor...his son Jim
The apple didn't fall far from the tree :winky:

and a person none of you know
Loren F..a full time school janitor and pt time CC'er that introduced me to the wand .

an extraordinary individual with quite a life
Raised in the depression, son of an alkie father..took the train to town and sold apples on the street at 7 years old
Joined the Navy at 17 and spent WWII in the South Pacific on Destroyers

Between sea naval battles and typhoons , he was a hard drinking, hard fighting, boat boxing champ, port shirt chasing/carousing , torpedo juice drinking, tough as nails SOB covered in tattoos from all over the world.

The Ole Salt had an epiphany in his mid 30s and his life forever changed to a pillar of integrity, honesty, morals, family and service to others
30+ years sober before I met him (and a hard charging alkie at the time myself) he had a profound influence on my life

we remained close til he passed in '05

enjoy the holiday folks
Let the day be full of love, sharing and caring
Insist on it

..L.T.A.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
So many.....so many....

My parents and great uncle would be some of course as they were the pioneers bringing our family into carpet cleaning 50 years ago....so was hard to escape....

But then...EVERY cleaner I have crossed paths with, I have obtained something.....

Have a great Holidays everyone!

F

FB7777

I like to think that I am an inspiration to any cleaner that I interact with

After you walk away from me , I guarantee you will have the overwhelming confidence to succeed

If you don't come away thinking " damn, if that idiot can make it 30 years successfully then I can't miss!! '. then you really weren't paying attention

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I like to think that I am an inspiration to any cleaner that I interact with

After you walk away from me , I guarantee you will have the overwhelming confidence to succeed

If you don't come away thinking " damn, if that idiot can make it 30 years successfully then I can't miss!! '. then you really weren't paying attention
What a lie. You start looking on your phone as soon as they walk up to you. :biggrin:

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
I would like to thank KFC for their wonderful buffet. You can get crispy or original chicken that is cooked oh so right.
The sides of carrots, beans are spot on. Cole slaw , mashed potatoes and gravy yum yum! Sometimes they have a baked apple dessert that is just like mom made! And don't forget the soft drink choices! Do as I do when no one is looking and mix all of the flavors together! And just before you're ready to leave shout out " Look at that accident!" then you grab as much chicken as you can and run out! What great fun for all of the family!

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom