Dye Loc vs ?

Discussion in 'Rugs and Textiles' started by Beeks, Feb 6, 2018.

By Beeks on Feb 6, 2018 at 10:07 AM
  1. Beeks
    Beeks

Name:
    J.R.
    We have used Dye Loc with rather good success for "dye stabilizing" since we started cleaning rugs. Though expensive, the dilution ratio is very good. With that said, Dye Loc has a PH of 7.5, and the normal "dye stabilizing" solution is 1-4ph....trying to understand this better if someone can elaborate why Dye Loc and Acid are both recognized as "dye stabilizers" but the PH levels are acid and neutral

We want to purchase a large pale or drum of something that compares to Dye Loc, but still want to understand why the substantial difference in PH levels for the two products.
    ruff likes this.

Comments

Discussion in 'Rugs and Textiles' started by Beeks, Feb 6, 2018.

• Tags:
    1. Jim Pemberton
      Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.

Name:
      Jim Pemberton
      I was thinking the same thing this weekend. Every contributer has put thought into their comments and responses, and its been kept at a professional level.
      Bob Pruitt and Tom Forsythe like this.
    2. Cleanworks
      Cleanworks

Name:
      Ron Marriott
      When we have people with the credentials of Robert Mann and others, including yourself, taking the time to offer their time and expertise to explain what they do and don't do, in a non bragging way, to show how they are able to accomplish things that most of us would think are impossible or at least quite difficult, it benefits us to listen. I have just a small one person operation, I clean maybe 10 rugs per week in my overcrowded, junked up shop but if I want to expand, which I will eventually, I have a vast amount of knowledge pertaining to equipment, methods, chemistry, staff training all at my fingertips. I have lots of ideas on how I want to expand and maybe this summer, I will put some of them to work. Many thanks to the guys who are willing to take the time to help us poor rug suckers out.
    3. Bob Pruitt
      Bob Pruitt

Name:
      Robert Pruitt
      Seriously great thread. This kind of exchange is impossible on Facebook. I appreciate the Experts here sharing their opinions and knowledge.
      Lee Stockwell likes this.
    4. Sierra Clean Care
      Sierra Clean Care

Name:
      Jeff T
      Threads like this one are WHY I am a member on this board. listening in on the inner circle is a privilege, and powerful motivation.
      Jeff @ SCC