Chris Howell

Name
Chris Howell
Dyeing for Trump.

We just got an emergency call from the White House for dyeing bleach spots in one of the hallways. Apparently Obama wasn't bothered by them! :hopeless:

They are in a frenzy right now, trying to get the White House ready for the inauguration.

#lastminutechaos

IMG_7662.JPG

IMG_7663.JPG

IMG_7664.JPG

IMG_7665.JPG

IMG_7666.JPG

IMG_7667.JPG

Reactions: J Scott W

Chris Howell

Name
Chris Howell
Hell of a waste of taxpayers money if one administration pays you to fix it and the other replaces it. Might as well pour your tax dollars directly down the sewer.
COMPLETELY agree. The problem is, they have to have the White House ready for the inauguration and the new president. They can't replace the carpet because the President gets to choose what he wants.

Welcome to the US government.

It's funding my retirement.

Reactions: Bruce Humphrey

Chris Howell

Name
Chris Howell
Government waste is supposed to be one of Trumps main concerns. Hopefully, he lives up to what he says.
Hopefully he does, but that would be a 180° turn from the way that they have done things there in the past. In the past they would simply ripped out and replace any carpet that had bleach box on it or sun fading. For the most part we've eliminated them having to replace carpet that had color damage. In this case it wouldn't surprise me if Trump replaces the carpet with something that suits his taste.

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
Congrats on a job like this. I get the spilled wine, but bleach!!!???

Do you also do Fabric Protecter? Seems like the White House would benefit from that and it'd be worth the cost of franchise.

Reactions: Chris Howell

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
We do exclusively carpet & rug dyeing.
You might want to consider adding the fpa to your operation. you seem to have enough high end clients to justify it and it could be a nice little profit centre. Talk to Meg or Mikey about what they charge for it. You will be going from $900 per hour to $1500 in no time.

Reactions: Chris Howell

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
It's a bit of a hit to get started, $8,500 I believe but if you already have the market like Chris does, it's a no brainer. If you have just spent $3,500 on color repair of a high end carpet in good shape, wouldn't you want to protect it against future staining? Makes sense to me. I am considering it for myself but right now I don't have enough of the higher end clients to make it worthwhile. I am still spending on equipment but in the future, it is something I will give serious attention to.

Chris Howell

Name
Chris Howell
It's a bit of a hit to get started, $8,500 I believe but if you already have the market like Chris does, it's a no brainer. If you have just spent $3,500 on color repair of a high end carpet in good shape, wouldn't you want to protect it against future staining? Makes sense to me. I am considering it for myself but right now I don't have enough of the higher end clients to make it worthwhile. I am still spending on equipment but in the future, it is something I will give serious attention to.
I find it interesting that people will spend $8,500.00 to get set up with offering fabric protection services but think that $2,000 is a lot to pay for getting set up to offer color repair services. How many carpets/rugs/sofas/chairs do you have to do to recoup your $8,500.00 investment??

We've had many of our trainees that have recouped the entire cost of their class with their first job and several that have recouped their investment 5x over with their very first job.

It really depends more on who your target market is and how well you've developed it.

Bob Pruitt

Name
Robert Pruitt
I find it interesting that people will spend $8,500.00 to get set up with offering fabric protection services but think that $2,000 is a lot to pay for getting set up to offer color repair services. How many carpets/rugs/sofas/chairs do you have to do to recoup your $8,500.00 investment??
Seriously? You think it's just about how much protection gets sprayed down that covers the investment?
Micro Seal and Fabric ProTector open doors for Cleaning Companies. I would think this is a very big part of the investment/opportunity you are selling as well.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I think Chris, it is because of attending color repair classes in the past. A lot of us have taken color repair courses offered by IICRC instructors for $200-$4oo depending on when you took the course and who taught it. There are other courses that are as expensive or even more than yours such as some of the specialized area rug cleaning courses and nobody complains about those because they see the value in them. In order for someone to see the value in your course, they have to see how it compares to others out there and how they can benefit from it. For myself, I have no interest in color repair other than maybe repairing small bleach spots, I feel that I just don't have the eye or the patience for it. For others, I can see it being a lucrative business or even a well paying sideline.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Chris Howell

Name
Chris Howell
I think Chris, it is because of attending color repair classes in the past. A lot of us have taken color repair courses offered by IICRC instructors for $200-$4oo depending on when you took the course and who taught it. There are other courses that are as expensive or even more than yours such as some of the specialized area rug cleaning courses and nobody complains about those because they see the value in them. In order for someone to see the value in your course, they have to see how it compares to others out there and how they can benefit from it. For myself, I have no interest in color repair other than maybe repairing small bleach spots, I feel that I just don't have the eye or the patience for it. For others, I can see it being a lucrative business or even a well paying sideline.
You raise an excellent point, Cleanworks. It's frustrating to me that the color repair industry has been tarnished because of mediocre or down right inferior classes that have been offered by some individuals and organizations (being very careful not to name names here). The vast majority of people that go through these trainings still don't know how to actually offer the services when they're done. The reality is that many of the people who take these classes just won a patch for their jacket. They just take the class so that they can get their certification. They end up with a patch and a certificate that means absolutely nothing.

If you talk with anyone Who has gone through our training they will tell you that it's completely different than anything else that's available anywhere else at any price.

Interestingly, roughly 40% of the people that take our training have been through previous dye trainings. They take our course because they didn't learn what they need to know to actually offer the services. I know of lots of people that went through the dye training that's offered by a very sweet lady that teaches classes around the country, but I've never seen one single post from them about a job they've done, because they still don't know how to properly dye carpets or rugs after they've taken the class.

So I get it. I understand why so many people are turned off by the idea of learning how to dye carpets.

Chris Howell

Name
Chris Howell
Pretty fugly carpet! What a waste of your time & their money.

Why wouldn't they just replace it? You know Trump will.
I agree that it's fugly. Why would it be a waste of my time when I earned $3,500.00 for 1 hr 15 min of my time? ( I can't even call at work).

They pay me by credit card. Money is already in the bank.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom