Onfire_02_01

Name
Jeremy Gray
All depends on your viewpoint. I make no bones about it, I haven't liked the guy since the first episode of his tv show.
If anyone can be respectful of my dislike of him I can be respectful of their like of him. But based on my Facebook feed I find very few people who can be respectful of my dislike of him.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Chris Howell

Name
Chris Howell
All depends on your viewpoint. I make no bones about it, I haven't liked the guy since the first episode of his tv show.
If anyone can be respectful of my dislike of him I can be respectful of their like of him. But based on my Facebook feed I find very few people who can be respectful of my dislike of him.
Not sure what/who you're talking about. Was it one of my comments?

Onfire_02_01

Name
Jeremy Gray
You have been pretty tame compared to others I know.
I didn't want to single you specifically out for the respect comment because it was directed at everyone. I can be respectful of anyone if they are respectful of me.

PrimaDonna

Megatron
Name
MB
You might want to consider adding the fpa to your operation. you seem to have enough high end clients to justify it and it could be a nice little profit centre. Talk to Meg or Mikey about what they charge for it. You will be going from $900 per hour to $1500 in no time.

I've already talked to him about it.

He's a purest. Protection makes it hard to dye. And FPA is hard to remove compared to other protectors. If he offered it it would hurt his dye business.

If he were a cleaner then I could see adding it. Someone said it already, it opens up other doors and leads us to other cleaning projects and cross selling

Last edited:
Reactions: Old Coastie

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville

He's a purest. Protection makes it hard to dye. And FPA is hard to remove compared to other protectors. If he offered it it would hurt his due business.

What is the fire retardant that you use MB ??

I can only raise Australian sites via Goggle. :winky:

We have extremely strict guidelines for this down under.

:yoda:

PrimaDonna

Megatron
Name
MB
I'll have to check with John. We only applied a fire retardant once that I can remember. It was on drapery in a restaurant. It's required in most commercial/public buildings.

While FPA has some flame retardant properties, it wouldn't be applied as Or in place of a fire retardant.

Chris Howell

Name
Chris Howell
In the early years of my business I considered offering stain protection for carpets, draperies, and fabrics. But I made the decision to specialize, and I'm glad we did. We don't need the additional business and stay extremely busy providing exclusively carpet & rug dyeing services. It's far more profitable, far less work, and far less overhead to operate. That's pretty far out in my book.

Reactions: Old Coastie

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott

He's a purest. Protection makes it hard to dye. And FPA is hard to remove compared to other protectors. If he offered it it would hurt his dye business.

If he were a cleaner then I could see adding it. Someone said it already, it opens up other doors and leads us to other cleaning projects and cross selling
So you're saying that every carpet you have put fpa on is ruined for color repair?

PrimaDonna

Megatron
Name
MB
FPA is different than scorchgard. Part of it'd selling point is how it doesn't remove like Scotchgard.

Tom Monahan has a great video of a rug he treated and then tried to clean. It was amazing how the rug reacted when submerged and had FPA on it.

Chris has told me that protection makes it more complicated and challenging. He prefers to work on rugs and carpets that don't have protection.

I should send him something with FPA on it and let him test out trying to dye and remove the FPA to dye.

Chris Howell

Name
Chris Howell
FPA is different than scorchgard. Part of it'd selling point is how it doesn't remove like Scotchgard.

Tom Monahan has a great video of a rug he treated and then tried to clean. It was amazing how the rug reacted when submerged and had FPA on it.

Chris has told me that protection makes it more complicated and challenging. He prefers to work on rugs and carpets that don't have protection.

I should send him something with FPA on it and let him test out trying to dye and remove the FPA to dye.
That's correct. I prefer working on carpets and rugs that have not been treated with a stain guard, but most of them can be removed fairly easily. To me it's not worth the extra work that's involved. I also am a believer that the fewer chemicals that you use on a carpet or rug, the better.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom