DYS grout colorseals..

Mikey P

Administrator
I've had a rash of customers coloring their own grout lately.

No one of them looked good or lasted more than a week.

CLO30630.JPG

n594-f1995_0.jpg

-font-b-Grout-b-font-Aide-Tile-Marker-Repair-Wall-font-b-Pen-b-font.jpg

14479618517_c0f01c48d1_z.jpg

Some of these come off with just a metal tooth brush and some vct stripper and some take hours of soaking in gel stripper.

I've done enough of these strip jobs to now know "Life is too short..."

I gave a bid a couple weeks ago on a bunch of tile and upholstery, the counters and one floor had been home owner color sealed. I turned those down but bid the rest,

Today we went back to clean the upholstery and when I asked about the tile work she said she had it done by another company that was willing to strip the coating. They did a very nice job over all but sh'es not happy with the bullnose on the counters and now they get to make the hour long drive back from Monterey. Form what I could tell they dont have a PMF or Cobra type tool (let alone a truckmount) so they just scrubbed and rinsed. Bullnoses really pop when you can steam them one grout line at a time.. Yes I'm rambling. It was a strange feeling seeing some other cleaner pull off what I didn't or couldn't. Too stinky, too much potential damage to wood work.But it pays good. But no thanks. My guys hate it too.

Last edited:

Bee Busy

Name
Bee Busy
I don't know much about those products except for Groutsheild CS...it's not a bad CS, I used it for several years...too thin for my liking since discovering Color Clad , but good for exact grout matches....Mike the owner got real aggressive advertising it to homeowners on YouTube years ago and distributing it with Amazon and I think even Wal Mart

Reactions: Mikey P

Bee Busy

Name
Bee Busy
Yeah exactly...when I first purchased Grout Sheilds it came with a bottle of Butyl for cleaning with the sealer, brushes and shammies. Grout has to be etched as we know before sealing, I don't think Butyl etches grout like acid or potassium hydroxide

Back
Top Bottom