Dyson dog breath

boazcan

Name
Bryan C
I cleaned a house with TWO Great Danes. Man, those are big dogs. House not cleaned in 3 years believe it or not. I took 3 canisters of dog hair and dirt out of 2 rooms.

Now my Dyson is breathing dog breath bad. I cleaned it out real good, but no help. Anyone use those deodorizer beads in the vacuum. I do not even know if those are going to work. I can't be the only one with this problem. Any remedies guys?

Bryan

Blue Monarch

Supportive Member
Name
Dirk Wingrove
Spray filters with Dynacide or similar product??? The main reason I use a Dyson is to prevent the stinky vacuum problem.

One idea Greenie gave me was to put a dryer sheet in the canister. Might help you a bit.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Mist some microban into the vac opening and it will kill all the odor.

boazcan

Name
Bryan C
the beads or pellets that I am going to get are used by auto detailers to put in the ash tray of cars. Janitorial store will be my first stop. Thanks for the help

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
So it will still smell like a deodorized smelly dog.

Use the microban or a quat.

Mikey P

Administrator
admiralclean said:
The solution is to stop prevacuuming and nobody will ever be the wiser.

No one in Pratsvllburg who pays next to nothing for an excuse to get the dirty laundry and beer cans off the floor anyways.

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
i'm with Dirk. that's a big reason i like my Dyson on homes with pets, the HEPA filter really seems to keep the smell in...surprised yours is giving you a hard time of it.

thanx --- Derek.

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
i have a 2nd foam filter for my dc07 and like Shorty i washed it and switched it out weekly...made a nice diff in suc power. never dropped the $40 or so for the new HEPA though.

thanx --- Derek.

boazcan

Name
Bryan C
thanks derek and shorty.

Good idea on the extra filter. Gave it a good soak today, and it is much better. I had vacuumed plenty of houses with dogs, but these great danes put a beating on it for some reason. Going to add the dryer sheet or beads tomorrow for an extra measure.

thanks again!!

GRHeacock

There is an odor adsorbant based on zeolite material that works, too.

Sprinkle some on the carpet, and vac it up. it will also draw the odor that is absorbed into the plastic.

You can get it lots of places- some carpet suppliers carry it, some janitorial suppliers too.

You might also get some to sell to customers with pets that have an odor too.

Gary

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
np Bryan,

make sure to give it 24 hours to dry b4 reinserting :)

thanx --- Derek.

Back
Top Bottom