Dyson Users?

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
I have had mine for about six months and over the week-end a plastic bag got caught in the brush bar, stripped the cogged belt. Can't find one locally so I called Dyson and they will send one but it will take up to 2 weeks. Any suggestions where I might find one sooner?

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
I just saw a HOOVER EMPOWER vacuum on sale for $79.95.

It was ranked higher in performance than the overpriced Dyson according to Consumer's reports.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
Dolomite said:
I just saw a HOOVER EMPOWER vacuum on sale for $79.95.

It was ranked higher in performance than the overpriced Dyson according to Consumer's reports.

Really. If you're going to waste your time doing what the customer has already done, just grab your wife's vacuum out of the hall closet to use for the next two weeks and order the stupid part for the stupid overpriced Dyson. And then clean the carpet like they are paying you to do.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
to each there own but personally Dyson is one of the better vacuums out there...........is it over price.yes but much of what we use in this industry is..........I buy all mine on eBay.brand new in the box for a few hundred less

some of my clients vacuum and most don't.........
I will still vacuum even if they did........I have yet to see a client edge everything ........and it is rare that I vacuum after one and still not fill half the canister..

this was after a client vacuumed a 3 area job I did ................most have cheap little inadequate vacuums that are not doing the job......

100_3790.jpg

I have had jobs where I am emptying the canister almost every room.......

once again to each there own.but I don't want this crap going into my machine.........I have had mine on the truck for a little over 3 years now........I pull it out 3 to 4 times a day 5 to 6 days a week and it has never missed a beat........or have I had to worry about replacing the bag all the time or the expense.........
I am not one to pay to much mind to what people say .more so the reports.........buying a vacuum is like buying anything else........
what works for some may not work for all

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin said:
I don't want this crap going into my machine...."

What happens when this crap gets sucked into your Vortex? When it goes into my TM the carpets look great and I dump the filter bag.

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
Anybody else see the disclaimer on that box?

Penalty for theft of misuse $1000.00

That's one expensive postal service box!

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
we all get crap into our machines

but I can at least cut down on the amount............

what does hit my machine gets filtered just like everyone else....

not to mention that I am (vortex or not)
I bet I am pulling more water if I am pulling less soil
and if my filters are staying cleaner threw out the job.........

If my filters are staying cleaner.my lift should be better then someone with clogged filters............. and my carpet's look great

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
B&BGaryC said:
Anybody else see the disclaimer on that box?

Penalty for theft of misuse $1000.00

That's one expensive postal service box!

should of seen who I mailed that to.................

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
While I would pull my Oreck out of the truck to pick up obvious debris on the carpet because my holed glide will leave it behind, I have never seen a visible difference upon cleaning a carpet that wasn't vacuumed as opposed to one that was. Never. Have you? Would anyone in the world know the difference?

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
But Jim listen to me say it slowly for you.

The HOOVER EMPOWER is a better vacuum than the Dyson.

It was scientifically tested and proved.

If it was me I'd buy a "Professional" looking vacuum to take into a residential than either of these two "Housewife " vacuums.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Art Kelley said:
While I would pull my Oreck out of the truck to pick up obvious debris on the carpet because my holed glide will leave it behind, I have never seen a visible difference upon cleaning a carpet that wasn't vacuumed as opposed to one that was. Never. Have you? Would anyone in the world know the difference?

probably not not........like I said.each there own........

Name
Eric Valentine
The person doing the cleaning would. It just bugs me if I don't vacuum first. Usually I get lots of crap out, even after the client vacuums. I use a POS Bissel, and it outperforms my compact Sanitaire in all areas.

Dolly

I have a dyson too like Jim and I have used it for about two years now with no problems. It is a great machine for your residential use.

I just bought a new upright that is different for a few reasons.

I do a lot of commercial cleaning and find that I have to keep dumping the debris and I find the performance go down if I don't wash all the filers often. Like everyday. When I am doing that much work I don't have time to do that because it requires rinsing all the parts and then I would have to have the time to let it dry.

I would like to be able to do more of my commercial work in the evening to night time and the dyson is pretty loud, so going down the guest halls of a hotel makes it a day time event only.

It is a bit heavy to carry and no real place to hold it comfortably.
and I cannot get it under places I would like.

Minor frustrations but I wanted a different machine.

I bought a Lindhause Upright. Bag with extras in the canister, 40 ft commercial cord, handle in the middle of the front for easier carrying
it weighs much less than the dyson and the beater bar is 20 " wide and does not need a belt it is all gears.

I have used it now for over a week and it does a superb job. I also like my dyson as a back up or if I have someone helping me, then I have the vacuuming done all that more quicker.

It is a very quiet machine and that enables me to work in the evenings into the night with no problems of disturbing the guests.

That is another reason I bought the OP machine, I can also do the work in the evening into the night because it is a pretty quiet process and you can do a vast amount of cleaning in 1/2 the time.

No housekeepers to jump around, no hoses , water line and obstacles and noise that goes along with running a portable. That has cut down on my availability to work evenings into the night if I wish.

I would not say that there are not as good a vacuum machine or that mine is better than yours thing.

I paid $899.00 for it and for the quality of the machine I believe I will have it for 5 or more years to come

And.........it is so quiet compared to many others out in the market place.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Easy way to replace parts, if you really need them, buy a 2nd, cannibalize it until your new parts come in.

Who would know the difference? A professional cleaner would know the difference. A hack just wouldn't care.

Its not the soil you see on the surface that can come back to bite you in the ass in your cleaning, its the stuff hidden in the pile, like deodourizer powder.
I can relate to Jim in what he removes from the carpet.

I wouldn't want the Empower. The filter would be plugged within 5 minutes in some jobs I've cleaned. I'd have to carry about 5 of those around for one day's work. $80 for the vacuum, $50 each for the filter. It "might" clean better, but I wouldn't put a lot of stock in consumer reports.

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
Caesar said:
Refurbished Empowers at Big Lots less then 50 bucks...

Only refurbished item I ever bought was my home theater receiver.

When I bought it was just to be used as a stereo until I bought all the other speakers and stuff to hook into it.

The 90 day warranty expired, and then I bought all the stuff to hook up to it. Guess what? Not all the inputs worked. Why buy a receiver if you have to keep switching plugs? If you buy something that is refurbished, make sure they fixed everything before the warranty runs out.

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
Shane T said:
I have had mine for about six months and over the week-end a plastic bag got caught in the brush bar, stripped the cogged belt. Can't find one locally so I called Dyson and they will send one but it will take up to 2 weeks. Any suggestions where I might find one sooner?

hi Shane,

the warranty on Dyson has rocked from my experience.

they had me drop it off at the UPS store. they'd already called ahead of time when i told them which i'd be going to. the UPS ppl packaged it and shipped it out. it was on my front step 2 days later.

the belt was burned up. but still, they replaced they brush roll and the entire dust-cup attachment with all the "guts" of the motor. i was floored they'd replace so much that didn't need it.

dunno why it's taking them 2 weeks for you...call and ask.?.

thanx --- Derek.

Dolly

Shane that is great, maybe I should do the same because it does not work as well as it did when it was new

Who did you call by the way.

Thanks for the info

hogjowl

Idiot™
I'm ashamed of you Derek. Dyson's warranty is only for residential use. So, you must have lied and told them you were using it at home.

At least Shane was honest. :roll:

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
No commercial cleaning service should use a residential housewife type vac if they want credibility.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
So instead of using a residentially intended vacuum that does the job, we should all buy a commercially intended vacuum, pay twice as much, and leave most of the soil in the carpet. Sounds like good busn practice to me. Anything to wow the client. :roll:

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
now no reason to be ashamed. did i say they asked?

if it's for resi only then i better callem up and tellem i used it for comm b4 they fixed it 2 years ago :oops: :arrow: :D

thanx --- Derek.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom