EDIC enters the OP market

Mikey P

Administrator

http://www.edic-usa.com/product/toro-orbital-floor-scrubber/

toro-surfaces600-180x180.jpg
toro-carpet-action600-180x180.jpg

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
1. The adjustment handle is up high making it easy to adjust quickly.
2. The tool free spray assembly with filters.

Dislikes:
1. No sink fill hose
2. The safety switch that needs to be pushed up every time. (I took this apart on my Mytee TRex because it's a PIA)
3. The spray switch is in a horrible position. This one thing alone would make me never buy this. It should be placed within reach of the thumb, like what Orbot did on the Vibe.
4. No place to mount weights
5. No quick drain cap for fast cleanout of the solution tank
6. The giant home depot looking electrical box located on the midpoint of the neck is very hokey looking.

Reactions: Steve Lawrence

Mikey P

Administrator
Weight kit available, two 36#

Handle and tank easily detach from the base for easy loading

$2700ish with weight kit, msrp

Nick Wiebe

Name
Nick Wiebe
Nomad,
Thank you for your input. The spray switch is not in the best place, but it is a two position switch so you can have it always on in the down position so you don't have to hold it while you are spraying or use it for bursts of solution. The extra weights are actually cylindrical shaped and mount very discretely and easily under the brush guard with no tools necessary unlike competitive machines. Weight is distributed evenly across the head of the machine unlike some that are mounted on top of the brush guard on each side of the motor. The tank is easily removed as well from the handle for quick emptying. We are looking at including our sink fill hose with this machine as well.

MSRP fully loaded with pad driver (no tools necessary for installation), 3.9 gallon tank, gravity feed and dual jet spray system with oscillating pump (no priming) is $3k. Weights are optional but not included. A comparable machine would be the Orbot Sprayborg which has a MSRP around $4500.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Congratulations. Competition and better price is good.

Lets see if it lives up to Sprayborg's build quality.

Bob Pruitt

Name
Robert Pruitt
If the Customer service is good after the sale...it gets shipped out right away...you will be ahead of your competition.
Expect to sell several at Mikey Fest if they are as advertised.

J Brown

Name
Jeff Brown
What size is the machine, also shower feeding will shorten the life of the bearing ( even expensive sealed bearings) unless you have some way to keep the solution from coming in contact with the bearing.

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
The electrical box looks moisture proof. Any doubts, just use a portable GFCI.

I would relocate the spray switch to the back of the handle, to be toggled with a thumb. Having to release or alter your grip is a safety concern (even with the wheels in contact with the carpet).

One last thing; why not flare the fill opening like a funnel mouth? Hitting the small hole after reaching over the motor is just asking for a spill.

I’m a fan of EDIC, having earned a mortgage-load of money with the little Galaxy. If this is as trouble free and dependable, it would be worth consideration.

Reactions: Mikey P

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Steve I have to agree with you. Commercial demands speed.

Nick Wiebe

Name
Nick Wiebe
The box on the back of the machine that is being referred to as an electrical box is simply the housing to the pump. It is grooved in a way that would prevent liquids from entering the interior of the housing. There are no controls or switches in that box- just the pump. Everything else that is electrical, is contained within the handle or the moisture proof motor housing.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Looked at the video and do you have to hold down that toggle switch in the middle of the handle to spray on demand?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom