Electric Truckmount Mytee

Discussion in 'the CleAn Room' started by Sky, Jul 5, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Sky
    Sky

Name:
    Sky L.
    I am interested in purchasing an ETM, specifically the Mytee Escape. Are there any using this machine? And if so, what is your hose run before a booster is needed? How satisfied are you with unit?
  2. sOOper hero
    sOOper hero

Number 5

Name:
    Larry Capitoni

what are you currently running, Sky?

.L.T.A.
  3. Blue-Collar Hero
    Blue-Collar Hero

Name:
    Rich
    The ones I've seen were all using them in plant for a rug cleaning machine. I think it would work fine with the exception of the hassle of running multiple power cords in the home.
  4. Mikey P
    Mikey P

Administrator

Name:
    Mike Pay-oh-tay
    I would ask Mytee for a list of at least 20 owners and do some serious research.

They have in my opinion, the worse RnD department in this industry and are notorious for going with the cheapest components available to keep prices artificially low.
  5. Lee Stockwell
    Lee Stockwell

FOJL

Name:
    Lee Stockwell
    They have a few great products, each with an almost fatal flaw that should have been addressed in the pre-beta stage of development.

Example: I love the carbon fiber wand and the plastic assist handle released with it.

However: You can't use the wand because of the several abominations of manifold configurations.

We spent several days fixing 2 "identical" wands with misspaced and twisted plumbing welded into the wrong position. Works great now....they should have done that! (Please use measuring devices and jigs before welding too please.)

The glide falls off...again bad R&D. Yes, we field fixed it, but sheesh...
  6. Cleanworks
    Cleanworks

Name:
    Ron Marriott
    I like the speedster portable. Main flaw is coming from the factory, it needs 1-20 amp cord and 1-15 amp cord. Need to have only 2-15 amp cords. I am running 2-3stage vacs and a 500 psi pump on 2-15 amp cords. If I can do it, they can do it. Otherwise, it's plumbed for a 2 inch parallel set up and with the large rear wheels, it goes up and down stairs fairly easily.
    SamIam likes this.
  7. Sky
    Sky

Name:
    Sky L.
    I am currently using a portable. The Mosquito, which is a great Portable in my opinion. I live in LA so having a portable is a must. I want a TM for the occasions that I have a home. I highly doubt I will go over 150ft for my hose run as houses are just not that big here. It seems as if the Mytee ETM can handle that easily.
  8. Sky
    Sky

Name:
    Sky L.
    I would be using a little giant heater so my heat would be just as good as anyone else. I would also use a generator so I would never take unit of the van. I would also have 80 gallon fresh water and wast tank. In my opinion my set up will be the same as a gas powered TM. So would my heat.
  9. Sky
    Sky

Name:
    Sky L.
    Again, is anyone using this machine or know someone who is? If so, thoughts. Specifically on hose runs
  10. Sky
    Sky

Name:
    Sky L.
    Also, this machine would never come off the van. It’s to big for that.
  11. sOOper hero
    sOOper hero

Number 5

Name:
    Larry Capitoni

right ...except it doesn't have a positive displacement blower ...so the vac will never "be the same" as a real TM
    just buy a real TM, Dude
    Don't try to make a glorified porty into a TM

by the time you add up the costs of gas generator, Little Giant, propane tanks, waste tank, fittings/hoses /plumbing you won't be far off from the price of entry level TM
    AND you'll have more room in the van to carry your porty and other tools/gear when needed
    Instead of a clusterfck of components (tanks, propane, generator, heater, etc) in an attempt to make a glorified porty into a TM

..L.T.A.
  12. Matt Wood
    Matt Wood

Name:
    matt wood
    Does mytee make that mosquito portable?

That’d be hilarious if they did. The Mytee Mosquito!!!
    Jimmy L likes this.
  13. Sky
    Sky

Name:
    Sky L.
    Not to sure about that Sooperhero. Entry level TM is going to be around 14k for just the machine! I have calculated for my hole set up, including electric hose real, generator, heater (which many have for there gas TM) etc... around $9500. I would easily be at around $19,000 for the same set up with a gas powered TM. For those who do not have an issue with expenses more power to them. I could actually spend less than $9500 if I wanted to forgo certain items that can be considered luxuries.
    Cody Ransom likes this.
  14. FredC
    FredC

Village Idiot

Name:
    Fred Cordell
    Let us know how it works out..........
    SamIam likes this.
  15. sOOper hero
    sOOper hero

Number 5

Name:
    Larry Capitoni

what you'll "forgo" is most of the floor space with a clusterfck of gear to run a porty in a van..that won't have the performance of an entry level TM
    ( a real TM that will only take 1/3 the floor space)

..L.T.A.
  16. Nomad74
    Nomad74

Supportive Member

Name:
    Damon
    Hunting for 220v all the time to power my TM would be a pain in the Baconator.
  17. Cleanworks
    Cleanworks

Name:
    Ron Marriott
    Things to think about. Are you going to plumb the generator into the trucks gas tank or use a portable tank? Same with the lg heater, portable tank or install a belly tank. Probably illegal to run with portable tanks inside the van. As Sooper says, still not as powerful as a real truck mount. It will be powerful enough but at 150 ft, you will notice. If you have all this money for an etm, borrow a little more and buy a proper TM. It will open more doors for you and be much easier to use.
  18. Larry Cobb
    Larry Cobb

Supportive Member

Name:
    Larry Cobb
    New Escape uses the best & expensive Vac Motors available (LX Ametek Vacs) . . Equal to any #3 Blower TM.
    LX Escape uses two 115 VAC cords only or one 230 VAC cord.

Jim Davisson, an experienced cleaner on Facebook compared his HM PTO to Dual LX Portable:
    I got a chance for a great comparison with the LX motors vs a urai 45 blower @ 3600 RPM. We started @ 9 am in the 7000ft² gym and we shared the TM solution line on the test area for as close of a comparison as possible. The TM had a 6 flow wand and the portable a 7. Both using 100' and both have an uncloggable cyclone filter inside the waste tank (my brother prefers a 14" AW-29 for his height, I'm running a WP 10-0550). Overall dry times were virtually identical when I left at 5 pm, initially the LX's dried in the center portion of the wand pass faster, overlapped area's were about the same for both. My impression is while the TM has considerably more cfm's and both have almost identical lift, there was no difference in cleaning speed or drying time between the two. When we switched, we both felt the LX's made the wand harder to push. Take all the above for what it's worth, but I thought it was interesting enough results to share.

After 15 hours of burn in time with the LX's and at the end of 100' continuous 2" hose I was getting 14.25" Hg, the TM was 14.90" Hg.
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2018
  19. Jimmy L
    Jimmy L

Name:
    Jimmy L
    $9500 for the HOLE set up? WOW!
    Matt Wood and Blue-Collar Hero like this.
  20. Jim Williams
    Jim Williams

Name:
    Jim Williams
    Larry Cobb, Cleanworks and Matt Wood like this.