Electric Truckmount Mytee

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Hose run? Heat? Longevity?

compared to a porty (even a glorified one marketed as a ETM) you'll think you died and went to heaven .
Stay up with maintenance (not difficult or expensive for any neophyte with a Crescent wrench and grease gun)
contingent on not being a complete moron that can't change a lite bulb
you'll get years of service out of it

Heat will be more than adequate with normal flow carpet tools and common duty cycles

Hose runs same if normal (150ft and less)

won't pretend to know which of the two TMs is better.
But know both are solid reputable manufactures that have building TMs for a long time .
I'd figure they'd both be pretty equal and neither head or shoulders above the other in performance, reliability and longevity

I think Ron's (Cleanworks) advise is solid when suggesting if you have a good relationship with the HM disty, not a bad thing to go with them.

Congrats either way .
the few thousand more you had to spend will be more than made in productivity over the life of the machine compared to a plastic pretend TM

..L.T.A.

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
Before comparing candidates for an ETM unit, one has to really consider if an ETM is the right choice for their operation.

If that is the case, then a Escape is a solid candidate, but it is what it is.

A custom Franken-ETM build is not for the light-hearted, especially as a part-time machine.

They are a lot of work to set-up with so many separate components, and demand a lot of tweaking to dial them in.

Sure there are guys running them successfully, but most seem to be a niche breed of tinkerers who are running them very frequently.

You really have to be dedicated to such a setup, not for "the occasions that I have a home".

Sounds like you would be better off with a gently used slide-in.

Try to find it a steady diet of commercial work and restaurants where you can pull right up, and forget about the gas costs.

Little operating cost difference over the long haul.

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
I wonder as California slides farther and farther into eco-madness, if before long all you can run will be electric machines.

Reactions: GeeeAus

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
if before long all you can run will be electric machines.

prob'ly a ways to go before that.
more stringent CARB standards perhaps
But not so draconian manufactures can't find a way to comply.
just too much power equipment in use everyday where battery power isn't practical option

..L.T.A.

Acp

Name
Bjorn Marshall
yes but it took 65,000,000 years to create all those fossil fuels, which we will deplete in about 300

either way were all ******.. just roll some COAL!

rick imby

Name
Rick
Great progress Sky.
Asking for information and then actually listening to the experts on here is impressive.

Your future success is dependent upon the ability to get customers, develop some cheerleaders, and build repeat customers (not saving $3-5k on startup equip). If you are successful you will learn the one thing that is in shortest supply in the business is YOUR TIME and FOCUS.

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
Step up and get a TM you will not regret it. Get the biggest you can afford.
The BIGGEST is not always the BEST!

A truckmount, either an ETM , or a truckmount, does not have to be the BIGGEST, or the LOUDEST, to be the BEST.

A machine tailored to your needs will give you years of machine--stress-free cleaning

Last edited:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I've always found the biggest WAS the best. Those that stated differently we're running small wimpy machines or portables. They had never owned the biggest or baddest they could afford.

The biggest usually don't have to run as hard and generally built with better components that are built to last. I've never felt regret for buying the biggest.

However I usually regret trying to save a buck. Cheap is sure attractive but generally bites me in the ass. :errf:

Reactions: Nomad74

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I've never had a truck mount with a larger blower than a 4ml or roots 45. I run over 300 feet of hoses at times and still have good vacuum. Well engineered and maintained well is the most important thing. No point in having 10 inches if you can only stick it in 6.

Bob Pruitt

Name
Robert Pruitt
The upgraded Butler is the perfect truck mount.
Second Cleanco and 3rd Hydramaster cds.
These are powered by the van and engine; the heat is a combination of the radiator and other components. Can be very hot.
Easiest to learn and fewest things to go wrong.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
I've always found the biggest WAS the best.

I'm all for buying the best one can afford .
But there comes a point of diminishing returns and waste

anything over a 47 blower for normal run/single wand use is overkill
and anyone that buys bigger for such, suffers from brain stem rot or small peeder syndrome

..L.T.A.

Reactions: Cody Ransom

SamIam

Name
sam miller
I'm all for buying the best one can afford .
But there comes a point of diminishing returns and waste

anything over a 47 blower for normal run/single wand use is overkill
and anyone that buys bigger for such, suffers from brain stem rot or small peeder syndrome

..L.T.A.

How bigs your truck?

Jim Williams

Name
Jim Williams
The BIGGEST is not always the BEST!

A truckmount, either an ETM , or a truckmount, does not have to be the BIGGEST, or the LOUDEST, to be the BEST.

A machine tailored to your needs will give you years of machine--stress-free cleaning
I have to agree. My first TM was a 23 HP with Roots 45 blower, but when I bought a new machine last year I went with a TCS Warrior that only has a 36 blower. To be honest because it doesn't have a heat exchanger slowing down the airflow it actually has better suction than the White Magic Commander with the bigger blower. The TCS will be so much simpler and easy to work on when it comes time to replace the major components. It's all I need. Oh, and because the TCS has a silencer I won't have nosy neighbors calling the cops because I'm breaking the sound ordinance.

DWIGHT@FSC

Name
Dwight Smith
I would be using a little giant heater so my heat would be just as good as anyone else. I would also use a generator so I would never take unit of the van. I would also have 80 gallon fresh water and wast tank. In my opinion my set up will be the same as a gas powered TM. So would my heat.
That’s the way to go ! I got my ETM from Mytee in April and used it a cupel times, it seems to have as much vac as my old thermal wave with #5 blower. Water pressure is nice and smooth, I got the duel fuel Champion generator 7000 watt at Costco and #3 little giant, and will get it all installed soon. Pulling out a legend And replacing it with this set up this time. My van should like it, having around 500 lbs less to pull around town.

Reactions: Larry Cobb

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom