Electric Truckmount Mytee

Discussion in 'the CleAn Room' started by Sky, Jul 5, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Cleanworks
    Cleanworks

Name:
    Ron Marriott
    Depends on the size of the motor and gas tank.
  2. Nomad74
    Nomad74

Supportive Member

Name:
    Damon
    iF YOU'RE GOING TO USE A GENERATOR, MIGHT AS WELL JUST GET A REGULAR tm.

Damn Caps lock
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2018
  3. Cleanworks
    Cleanworks

Name:
    Ron Marriott
    The main difference is in the power, no amount of electric vacuum motors is going to give you the same Punch as even a 36 blower will give you. With the etm, you will limited to 150 ft and under. When you add all the components together, the etm isn't too far off the price of a good TM. There are entry levels going for $12,000 aprox that will out perform the etm. Not saying you can't do it and do good work with it, just saying for a few dollars more......
  4. Sky
    Sky

Name:
    Sky L.
    Valid points. clean works how many hours does a TM run on gas VS 8 to 10 hrs on a generator? Some Generators for 10-12hrs depending on the wattage
  5. Cleanworks
    Cleanworks

Name:
    Ron Marriott
    My Honda machine will run 7.5 hours on a 9 gallon tank. I usually don't have many jobs that go past 5-6 hours.
  6. Lee Stockwell
    Lee Stockwell

FOJL

Name:
    Lee Stockwell
    I pull up and we are cleaning in five minutes. No hooking up to customers' water or power. No drama, no motors to start, nothing to light.

No comparison to any etm. A salesman who says their etm is equivalent to TM with a #3 blower will lie about other things too.
    Nomad74 and Matt Wood like this.
  7. The Great Oz
    The Great Oz

Name:
    bryan
    If you had a serious need to use a big portable in a high rise or secured area and sometimes wanted to leave it running from a truck I could get behind your system. Planning on always leaving it the truck and powering it with a generator, not so much. That system has been tried before, even by some on this board, and I've never heard of anyone wishing they could go back to their electric set-up.

Why you're getting so much flak is because people are trying to help you move past worrying about things like the cost of fuel. You'll find that saving time is most important, so using good (maybe expensive) chemicals or equipment is worth the time saved in cleaning or repairing that equipment.

You seem pretty committed to the portable in a truck system though, so good luck and keep us updated on how it's going. Could be you're the one that gets it figured out.
    Jimmy L, Mikey P, sOOper hero and 2 others like this.
  8. Blue-Collar Hero
    Blue-Collar Hero

Name:
    Rich
    If you're using a generator, It's no longer electric powered. You're back to a gas powered system...with a hitch.

Look at a Rage or 370. Either will give you the heat & vacuum power to produce superior results compared to a ETM.

Where are you getting your heat from?
    Jimmy L likes this.
  9. Matt Wood
    Matt Wood

Name:
    matt wood
    Mr. Sky, I see that you're in Los Angeles. From what I've seen over the years on the used truckmount for sale websites, you could get an awesome setup for your budget. There's a ton of good, used truckmounts in your area that doesn't have to be shipped all across the country. You could get an awesome refurbished prochem legend with a size 4 blower in your budget with no problem
  10. Matt Wood
    Matt Wood

Name:
    matt wood
    Just keep in mind that the people you're talking to have used more different types of portables than you realize, and they have several truckmounts. You're getting the best knowledge that's out there for our industry.

And when they Do have to use a portable...they're bringing it in the building, because they know it best performs when it's 50ft closer to the wand
    Bob Pruitt and Lee Stockwell like this.
  11. Sky
    Sky

Name:
    Sky L.
    Desk power would be coming from little giant heater, propane
    Blue-Collar Hero likes this.
  12. Sky
    Sky

Name:
    Sky L.
    Appreciate it Matt
    Mikey P likes this.
  13. sOOper hero
    sOOper hero

Number 5

Name:
    Larry Capitoni
    Sky, I see you've been listening to all the hoo-haw from the sellers of glorified portys

you should be talking to the guys that bought them as a primary unit and have at least 1000 hours on them
    Better yet, find owners that bought a second one when time to replace/retire the first one

they'll be more rare than unicorns

a 20-25 hp engine will use appx 1.2 GPM
    a 12-15hp generator engine will use appx .9 gpm under load

you aren't saving much.
    if you're going to run a gas generator, may as well use that gas engine to drive a pump and blower
    and use the exhaust to heat the water

it's just much more efficient all the way around the block .
    PLUS...it's more powerful and takes up less space

with regular normal maintenance (oil and filter changes) it's not uncommon to get 3000 hours out of an air cooled engine (the major component that generally goes first)
    Blowers commonly go twice that many hours and more .
    Don't run the pump dry, and they last a good long time too

..L.T.A.
  14. Cleanworks
    Cleanworks

Name:
    Ron Marriott
    For example, I ran my cds today for 5 hours exactly, not including driving time which was about an hour. I used up 1/3 of my gas tank. Takes me $120 to fill up, so I used maybe $40. Made $1,050.
  15. Charlie Lyman
    Charlie Lyman

Supportive Member

Name:
    Charlie Lyman
    I bought one against all advice here and with my friends. I had been using a worn out TM that I was constantly working on. I figured the ETM would be easy to work on when something went wrong.
    Sure enough, 9 hours on the machine and stuff started breaking. I couldn’t go two weeks without something breaking. I ran like that for a year. Worst year of my life.
    If you want advice from someone that owned one, then I say finance a Rage and you will be happy for years.
  16. Sky
    Sky

Name:
    Sky L.
    So Cleanworks, sooper hero and Charlie. I have recently been offered a HydraMaster 318 for 13k and a Prochem Blazer for 13,500. The HydraMaster will cost me less when considering the shops install fees and what not. Hose run? Heat? Longevity? Which provides best in your opinion? I’m leaning toward HydraMaster only because I know owner of shop and a little less to install.
    Lee Stockwell likes this.
  17. Cleanworks
    Cleanworks

Name:
    Ron Marriott
    If they are the latest machines, I would lean towards the hydramaster. The new 318 has a clutch and can be used for water extraction only if you do any flood work. Other than that both will perform similarly. If you have a good relationship with a shop owner, maybe that's the way to go. Either one will give you better performance than an etm.
  18. Sky
    Sky

Name:
    Sky L.
    Both are the latest and brand new units. Is the heat sustainability the same for both units?
  19. Cleanworks
    Cleanworks

Name:
    Ron Marriott
    Neither one is going to give you huge heat but should give you enough to clean residential carpet well. I think both will be fairly similar. If I am not mistaken, the Blazer is going to or already is discontinued. You want to take a look at what comes with each unit. Look for a larger waste tank, premium wand, extra hoses, additional tools etc. I really don't think you can go wrong with either one. Look at who is going to service it for you. Either machine will be a good choice for a first tm. Both should be reliable with regular maintenance.
  20. Matt Wood
    Matt Wood

Name:
    matt wood
    I love Hydramaster. But...the 318, I think is less power than the Ss rage.