Electrolytic Technology cleaners????

Discussion in 'the CleAn Room' started by sOOper hero, Jul 1, 2018.

1. Cleanworks
    Cleanworks

Name:
    Ron Marriott
    unless she's pretty, hell, probably good enough as long as she's female.
    Blue-Collar Hero likes this.
  2. Cleanworks
    Cleanworks

Name:
    Ron Marriott
    Dwight, you better take a look at the sds sheets. There is nothing there that propietory or so different from any other cleaning agent. It's also toxic and can burn your skin, eyes and mouth if you ingest it.
    DWIGHT@FSC likes this.
  3. DWIGHT@FSC
    DWIGHT@FSC

Name:
    Dwight Smith
    Ok~ sOOper hero, here we go. • My basic understanding from the YouTube clips at the El Monty school district seminar, there are 5 clips from a 2 day seminar, under UltraChemLabs Chanel.
    ~ ** 1st first off • all dirt and grime are held to a surface that it is on By a positive + or negative - charge. Correct? ~ 2ed second • a Cleaning agent is added to water to * delete *the + or - charge depending on witch one it is , so the dirt /grime /spots will no longer be held to the surface it bonded to. The Electrolytic Technology in the solution has both the ability to * delete* both~ either + or - charge and then the dirt/grime/spots will release. ~ 3ed third • that is why some cleaners [prespray] that my seem to be doing a good job breaking down the dirt, but there may be one or two stubborn spots that don’t release as easy , those stubborn spots have a different charge + or - and the cleaner being used dose not the correct change to release it. Bottom line is not all cleaners have the ability to control both positive + & negative- charges and that’s when you break out the suitcase and try different cleaners till one of them has the correct charge to release the spots. * That is when the electrolytic Technology comes into play, it dose both. * I was just sharing, and found that it works.
    SamIam likes this.
  4. DWIGHT@FSC
    DWIGHT@FSC

Name:
    Dwight Smith
    ** I did, and didn’t intend on ingesting it or any other of our products, do you?
  5. DWIGHT@FSC
    DWIGHT@FSC

Name:
    Dwight Smith
    • C9-C11 Linear Primary Alcohol Ethoxylate/ is The fatty acids from the coconut. & Propylene Glycol is what you put in your pipe e-cigarettes fogers and many other things. 7732-18-5 Water is ionized water ,, Can means Can .. I am just comparing it to other cleaners out there and have been using it and have found it very mild and flat out works ! Just saying. Have you tried it yet?
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2018
  6. Cleanworks
    Cleanworks

Name:
    Ron Marriott
    How about the propylene glycol?
  7. Cleanworks
    Cleanworks

Name:
    Ron Marriott
    Yes, I've tried it. About 30 years ago and again more recently. Not getting results any different from other cleaning products I use. Not saying it's bad but not as great as it's cracked up to be. The dirt doesn't get up and run away the moment you spray it on. You still need temperature and agitation to remove soil.
  8. Zee
    Zee

Supportive Member

Name:
    Dwight, you having -literally - one or two posts before you started going off today...don't be surprised, if folks don't take your words seriously .

It sure looks -like many many times before - like spam or some guy that has something to sell or gain from pushing a product.

If you really just decided to become a multiple post/day member all of a sudden: then I'm sure you'll earn the guys respect soon enough.
    Nomad74 and Blue-Collar Hero like this.
  9. Willy P
    Willy P

Name:
    Willy P
    Dwight I tried for years to educate these goobers about Ultrachem and got nowhere. I've used it for nearly 20 years and have nothing bad to say about it. No other cleaning prespray I know moves rust, gum and a plethora of other things with the ease Clean does. Before John retired and handed it over to his kids they used to make a powder called Extract that used in tandem gave me amazing results. I use clean with a procyon rinse now and they work very well together.

BTW - when I say moves rust, it takes it out not hides it like the acids do.
    DWIGHT@FSC likes this.
  10. Willy P
    Willy P

Name:
    Willy P
    Go back over my picture posts and look at what it does.
  11. Blue-Collar Hero
    Blue-Collar Hero

Name:
    Rich
    20180701_202344.jpg

Man talk about some semantics double talk. Gezzz what bs! :lol:
  12. sOOper hero
    sOOper hero

Number 5

Name:
    Larry Capitoni

other than mentioning floor finish, all I recall is the Prochem bucket of fisheyes your disty wouldn't refund your money on ……

..L.T.A.
    FredC likes this.
  13. FredC
    FredC

Village Idiot

Name:
    Fred Cordell
  14. Cleanworks
    Cleanworks

Name:
    Ron Marriott
    I tried some Clean on some rust the other day and it didn't do anything. Got a gallon of Clean from Sam but so far, I am less than impressed.
  15. Willy P
    Willy P

Name:
    Willy P
    Go to my profile page and click on photos. Some got lost but look at the carpet cleaning, wax jobs and concrete refinishing. Mostly all done with Ultrachem.
  16. Cleanworks
    Cleanworks

Name:
    Ron Marriott
    here is an article from Cleanfax that gives a little insight into some chemistry.

https://cleanfax.com/carpet-care/anionic-nonionic-cationic-what-do-they-all-mean/

Anionic, Nonionic, Cationic

What do these surfactant names really mean?
    Timothy J. Roach

As a young boy growing up on Long Island, I remember watching my mother frantically trying to clean up some unknown food or drink spill from our carpet before company came.

She’d scrub and scrub, actually spreading the spill instead of cleaning it.

And, of course, with no carpet spot remover in the house, she would be forced to try whatever was handy, such as laundry detergent, dish soap, maybe even some alkaline degreaser from my dad’s workroom.

“Shouldn’t you use carpet cleaner on that?” I’d ask.

“It’s just soap,” she would reply. “It’s all the same.”

It’s not just soap
    Today, as a cleaning product formulator, I get to play with all sorts of different chemicals.

I spend my weekdays measuring and mixing, adding a pinch of this and a jigger of that. I guess you could say I’m one part chef, one part kid with a chemistry set.

But there is one thing that I have learned over my years of studying chemistry and working as a formulator: It is most definitely not all just soap.

Perhaps the most misunderstood and confusing components of cleaning chemicals are the actual detergents, or surfactants.

Cleaning chemical variety
    Surfactants (short for surface-active agents) are molecules that contain a hydrophilic, or “water-loving” end, and a hydrophobic, or “water-fearing” end.

The electrical charge on the water-loving end of the molecule distinguishes between the different types of surfactants.

Surfactants come in four different types: Anionic, nonionic, cationic and amphoteric.

Once you understand the differences between these different surfactant types, as well as how to classify them by their names, choosing the right cleaning products should be a snap.

Anionic surfactants
    Probably the most commonly used surfactants in carpet cleaning chemistry are anionic surfactants.

Anionic surfactants possess a negative charge on their hydrophilic end. This charge helps the surfactant molecules to interact with both the carpet fibers and soil particles, lifting and suspending soils in “bubble-like” arrangements called micelles.

Anionic surfactants possess other benefits that make them ideal for certain carpet applications.

Generally, they make a lot of foam when agitated. Also, they tend to be flaky or powdery when dry, not sticky like other surfactants.

Anionic surfactants, therefore, are the most common type of surfactant found in low moisture carpet cleaners, like traditional shampoos and encapsulation products.

However, these detergents tend to not be as good at emulsifying oily soils as some other detergent types.

When reading the ingredients list on your cleaning products, you can identify anionic surfactants as those that have the following in their names:

• Sodium
    • Ammonium
    • Magnesium
    • Sulfate
    • Sulfonate
    • Gluconate
      (For example, sodium laurel sarcosinate, magnesium laurel sulfate, and sodium gluconate.)
    Nonionic surfactants
    Nonionic surfactants are also found in many cleaning products, including carpet products. Nonionics have no charge on their hydrophilic end, which helps make them superior oily soil emulsifiers.

Some nonionics are high foamers (like anionics), while others do not generate much foam. Because of their lower foam profile and strong emulsifying potential, these surfactants are the preferred choice when formulating extraction cleaners and pre sprays.

However, unlike anionic surfactants, nonionics are thick liquids or syrups that are sticky or “gooey” to the touch. When left in the carpet, nonionic surfactants are the primary contributors to rapid resoiling.

Even with that being the case, their importance as cleaners outweighs this negative, and the cleaner or technician must take care to remove as much of the detergent residue as possible from the carpet in order to get the cleaning benefits of nonionics without their negatives.

Nonionic surfactants include:

• Ethoxylates
    • Alkoxylates
    • Cocamide
    Cationic surfactants
    Cationic surfactants are less common in cleaners, and almost always absent from carpet products.

Cationics have positively charged ends, which makes them ideal in antistatic formulas like fabric softeners and automobile “cheater waxes.”

Also, cationic surfactants have antimicrobial characteristics, and they are found in hard-surface disinfectants and cleaners.

However, cationic surfactants have been shown to damage the mill-applied protectants on carpet, and are therefore strictly verboten in carpet products.

Formulas containing cationic surfactants cannot be mixed with those containing oppositely charged anionic surfactants. The molecules would interact with each other, producing a gooey mess that drops out of solution.

When reading the ingredients list, look for the words “chloride” or “bromide” (as in alkylbenzene ammonium chloride) to identify cationics.

Amphoteric surfactants
    Probably the least talked about surfactants are the amphoterics. These unique molecules possess both a positive and a negative charge on their hydrophilic end, giving them a net charge of zero.

Amphoteric surfactants have little utility on their own, but work extremely well in enhancing the cleaning effect of both anionic and nonionic surfactants. They can serve as “coupling agents,” which hold the surfactants, solvents and inorganic salt components of a formula together.

Amphoterics are usually named in some way to indicate that they are amphoterics, as in amphoterge. Other examples of amphoterics are betaines and amine oxides.

A buffet of chemistry
    With all these different types of surfactants, and with a seemingly infinite list of each type of surfactant, it is a wonder that formulators are able to choose the right detergent for the right application.

Experienced formulators have gotten their hands dirty working with many different types of detergents in an effort to make just the right blend of cleaning agents.

Any formulator worth his salt will be quick to tell you that not all surfactants are created equal, and that some cleaners are better than others, given the situation.

Timothy J. Roach has a B.S. degree in biology and chemistry from Duke University and an M.S. in chemistry from Northwestern University.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2018
  17. Derrick T.
    Derrick T.

Name:
    Derrick Andrew Trulson
    @Nomad74 thanks. He posted the whole website instead. :biggrin:
  18. Nomad74
    Nomad74

Supportive Member

Name:
    Damon
    Don't thank me, Fred saved the day and cleaned up my potty mouth posts.
    Derrick T. likes this.
  19. DWIGHT@FSC
    DWIGHT@FSC

Name:
    Dwight Smith
    Thanks Willy,, it’s great to hear some one who has had great success with it and understands how it works.! I’ve used procyon as well for years , it works super as well. I’ll try the mix combo, it should work fine. If you do EnCap, I’ve mixed clean with relesit basic and it works as good or better than the Hydrox relesit .
  20. DWIGHT@FSC
    DWIGHT@FSC

Name:
    Dwight Smith
    That’s ok ! I don’t care if I’m respected or not ! I’m a Virgo and this is how I bring everyone out in the Arena ...