Email Marketing Strategy

Discussion in 'Lets talk Business!' started by Beeks, Oct 29, 2017.

1. Beeks
    Beeks

Name:
    J.R.
    We have been using MailChimp for the last 4 years to stay in touch with our past clients by email communication. We currently send 4 automated emails, beginning with; a day after cleaning follow up and review asking email, at 2 weeks a referral email, month and half in "did you know about our other services" email, and at 6 months a reminder its time to get their carpets cleaned email, this is all done through the first 6 months, after the clients first cleaning. Then we send 1 monthly email to that same customer every month of the year.

How does your company currently use the available Email Marketing Platforms to send to your past clients? Do you send cold emails to potential clients through purchasable lists or some other source? How does it work for you?

We are also thinking of adding another email to our monthly email list, which would put us at two emails a month to our past clients. Is this to much? Not enough?
  2. Angie Aztec
    Angie Aztec

Name:
    Angela Buckendorf
    It really depends on your customers. I think I would try to stay with one monthly email, just so they don't ignore the emails you really want them to see (the 6 month reminder). The monthlies remind them that you exist, so that when the kids run through the house with a bottle of chocolate syrup, they immediately think of you as the guys to call. It's a balancing act between too much and too little.

For the cold lists - I've found they are good for figuring out what customers to call, but don't usually convince the customer to pick up the phone and call me. Definitely not my go to solution, since a good social media ad can have a similar effect for a lower cost.
  3. Hoody
    Hoody

Supportive Member

Name:
    Steven Hoodlebrink
    A lot of our clients do quarterly in the form of a newsletter. What type of content are you doing in the monthly?
  4. Mikey P
    Mikey P

Administrator

Name:
    Mike Pay-oh-tay
    Welcome Angie!

Ask yourself, how many emails a day do you get, and what sirt of title would get you too open one..
    Mark Saiger likes this.
  5. Mark Saiger
    Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!

Name:
    Mark Saiger
    I sure do enjoy seeing Hoodie and Angie posting by the way :)

Looking forward to seeing more
  6. Angie Aztec
    Angie Aztec

Name:
    Angela Buckendorf
    Thanks, Mikey!

The post looked lonely, Mark. Can't leave lonely posts laying around. :)
    Mikey P, Desk Jockey and Bob Pruitt like this.