Email marketing

hogjowl

Idiot™
i need help from YOU youngsters. How is the best way to start email marketing to my database? I use SM and QB.

I assume SM has a technique to allow this. How do I acces it?

Also, do I need another program to be able to put fancy graphics in the emails?

Mikey P

Administrator
Call Pinky at SM and have her walk you through the process live.

Their WYSIWYG editor is horrible but so is your sense of design so you should be fine. Just keep the email basic

See if you can open this Marty..

Attachments

• _previewDocument.pdf
    794.2 KB · Views: 242

rick imby

Name
Rick
Most Automated email systems recommend not putting fancy stuff in emails if you want to get past the filters.

Aweber is expensive but awesome, MailMikey----I mean MailChimp is suppose to be good also.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Barry-QDCC

Supportive Member
Name
Barry Rhoads
I use MailChip. You can easily export a customer list and then import to MailChimp. There's a bit of learning curve but I'm guessing there is probably YouTube videos out there to show you what to do. Free to use unless you are a huge business with 1000's of customers.

Reactions: hogjowl

WillS

Supportive Member
Name
Will
We use mail chimp to. Easy to create a web and mobile friendly template to email out to customers. SM lets you import your customer emails into excel. Then upload the excel doc to mailchimp and you have an email list. I send these out once in a while to not annoy customers with some sort of promo in them.

Cool thing w mail chimp. Let's you see how many people open the email, who clicks on a link in your email, people can even chose to unsubscribe from your email list.

Reactions: smastio

EdCleaning

Name
Ed Nurse
MailChimp is the way to go. They show you open rates, etc. We have found that simple, text only, large font emails tend to get opened more often, with a much higher conversion rate. People just aren't willing to wait 5 seconds to let fancy emails load.

Reactions: Kellie Hiler

Barry-QDCC

Supportive Member
Name
Barry Rhoads
MailChimp is the way to go. They show you open rates, etc. We have found that simple, text only, large font emails tend to get opened more often, with a much higher conversion rate. People just aren't willing to wait 5 seconds to let fancy emails load.

I agree with you about using the simple type of email without a lot of fancy art to get in the way of the message. A bit is ok. I do think this simpler type of message does help with conversion rates.

I disagree with you in that those type of emails get opened more as until the person opens it up there is no way for that person to know whether it's a "fancy" or "plain" type of email. They all look the same until opened up.

EdCleaning

Name
Ed Nurse
I agree with you about using the simple type of email without a lot of fancy art to get in the way of the message. A bit is ok. I do think this simpler type of message does help with conversion rates.

I disagree with you in that those type of emails get opened more as until the person opens it up there is no way for that person to know whether it's a "fancy" or "plain" type of email. They all look the same until opened up.

To be more specific, if someone clicks on an email to open it, but that person clicks away before it finishes loading I don't consider that opened. But yes, fancy or plain won't impact the number of people who try to open it.

Barry-QDCC

Supportive Member
Name
Barry Rhoads
To be more specific, if someone clicks on an email to open it, but that person clicks away before it finishes loading I don't consider that opened. But yes, fancy or plain won't impact the number of people who try to open it.

You and I might think it doesn't count as an open if they click away before the email fully loads but our opinion doesn't count in this instance. The open rate that MailChimp shows doesn't differentiate between between someone who clicks and waits for the email to open or someone that clicks away before it loads. So the percentages of opens has nothing to do with fancy slow loading email versus plain fast loading email. We want them to stick around and read and react so the conversion rate goes up.

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Fancy emails shouldn't load any slower. The problem is where do they go, too much color,pictures and links can land you in the spam folder.

A mix is best and overall getting people to open and interact.

Newman

Name
Chris Newman
A post today on a local FB page reminded me of this thread. Kinda the way I feel, tread lightly.

Shannon Marie Brownto What's Happening in Geneva IL?
12 hrs ·
Recommendations for a DJ for my wedding next October. The ones that I met at wedding expos keep harassing me with phone calls and marketing emails, so I don't want them anymore. Some that take monthly payments/installments would be preferred. Thank you so much (in advance)!

PrimaDonna

Megatron
Name
MB
@hogjowl if you can make the massive sacrifice to spend some time on the phone with me I'd be happy to set up some basic templates for you and show you how to use them. It's quite simple once you go through it.

Mikey P

Administrator
So Marty, how many emails have you collected since we talked yesterday?

Have Meg or Pink at SM set up a template for the Prep Letter that you cut and pasted from here..

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I've had a better response from my customers when I send out reminder texts. It's too easy for them to send your email in the spam or trash before they open it

But on texts... people are glued to their phones. They Love a new text! It gives them a brief break from work. If you're tactful with your words on a text to sound like a friend , instead of looking like an ad or a creep, lol, you'll see a lot more response, because the like an excuse to send out a text to anyone

You asked for it. That's my experience

Name
Bruce
But most people receive emails on their phones these days instead of their computers.

Remember that great feeling you would get back in the day when you heard "You've Got Mail" ?

Reactions: Shane Deubell

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
But most people receive emails on their phones these days instead of their computers.

Remember that great feeling you would get back in the day when you heard "You've Got Mail" ?
I never had AOL. I've been a yahoo mail man since the early days

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom