Embedded grit

Wandslinger

Name
Tom Meyer
Any good tips, other than "vacuuming real good", on how to remove it from the base of the fiber?

Name
Steve Lawrence
In my experience it's really tough to make a dent in embedded grit in installed carpet. There's just too much fiber in the way to make vacuuming effective.

However, if you could disengage the carpet and flip it over you could get a lot more out the way the ruggies do with lots of vibration, shaking and gentle pounding from above. It would help to do that over a mesh surface to get grit away from the carpet.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
one of the very few tasks where a pile brush shines
Certified brand, the other ones aren't near as good at a Cert ( or Cert knockoff clone)

and the ONLY reason I still have mine

..L.T.A.

MerCrewser

meAt said:
one of the very few tasks where a pile brush shines
Certified brand, the other ones aren't near as good at a Cert ( or Cert knockoff clone)

and the ONLY reason I still have mine

..L.T.A.

ditto

You will spend more time pile lifting and prevaccing but it's worth it. Charge accordingly.

KevinL

Supportive Member
Name
Kevin Leach
Too bad someone doesn't make a decent turbo vac to hook to our trucks. The turbo cat is a piece of crap.

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
During the wet cleaning an rx20 digs in pretty good. I don't know how many times I vacuum and the thing stills pulls a ton of hair and grit. I can usually see how the person's been vacuuming by looking at the star at the end of the job.

Albert

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom